+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Andre reminds me of that father from Trading Spouses......I can't remember his name, but his family all slept in one room, on the floor. It ended up that he had major disappointments in his life and was trying to shield his kids from sadness, but you just can't do that.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Um, Q,that man would be from, um, my home town. But I swear, I don't know him, and we're not all granola eating, hemp-wearing, barefoot hippies.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    we're not all granola eating, hemp-wearing, barefoot hippies.
    Oh sure, sure. :rolleyes Show me your shoes!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Smiths were on my local news tonight...

Our local news had the Smiths at their show-watching party tonight.

I guess Andre has done a good job of brainwashing since the show was taped. The girls insist that they love the traveling life and would never want to do anything else. Andre said he is not as bad as they made him look. It's always the editing. Right. Uh huh.

They are waiting for the weather to change and will be making a trip up the East Coast, followed by a trip to Alaska.

Not much to say about tonight's swap: I kept getting the mom's confused; in my brain, they both looked similar.

Glad to know that "pink-haired" mom really had pink hair; I pull ABC out of Chicago, over 70 miles away, and the reception sucks! I thought it was the distance giving her the highlights.

Bus Dad is insane. He really, truly needs psychological help. What I've discovered in my long years of living is that usually adults who go all insular, usually have been slutty drug addicts in their earlier years and they fear their kids will follow in their paths.

Dead Zone Dad was kinda cute when he started to get into the family.

I'm glad that it worked out well for both of them, though.

(I seriously doubt that this thread will have to be closed. We'll probably have to pay members to post about this episode.)
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by BiancaS
    Our local news had the Smiths at their show-watching party tonight.

I guess Andre has done a good job of brainwashing since the show was taped. The girls insist that they love the traveling life and would never want to do anything else. Andre said he is not as bad as they made him look. It's always the editing. Right. Uh huh.

They are waiting for the weather to change and will be making a trip up the East Coast, followed by a trip to Alaska.
    And the ending of the show left us believing they had finally put down some roots. Thanks for the info Bianca.

The show just began here. It appears that the husbands will be where any trouble resides this episode. I'm liking both the moms, particularly Mortician mom Michelle.

"Is that a Bus? Is that MY Bus? Get outta here!!!"

She's adorable.

What an incredibly selfish man Andre is. You're not going to change your life for a 12-year old? Guess what! That's your job! You should've thought about that before you decided to be a father. I always thought that a parent's job is to put their child(ren) first. Silly me.

There are some good and valuable things the kids could learn from traveling, but why do they have to do it all the time? Why not just for the summer, when they're not in school? that way, they can have some semblance of a normal life.

Every week after this show (and Supernanny) I want to call my parents and thank them.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Lynn was a major disappointment when after a momentary lapse into clarity her meds kicked in and she rolled over big time for Andre The Weakling.

Michelle just kept getting better to me as the show progressed, but Lynn began to annoy me almost as much as her man-boy does. Its difficult for me to understand how she did a good corrective action on Rick, stressing the family aspect without having it driven to her core that the "job" that Andre is doing to his family is every bit as destructive (if not more) than Rick's workaholic tendencies. 2000 bodies a year? That's one smoking business. No way one person can deal with that kind of a load, not unless he's mixing and matching. If he has to have help anyway, there ought not to be a reason that he can't keep after hours details (for himself) to a minimum, delegating that to someone he's trained and trusts.

I don't think you need to have a wall full of degrees to observe that Andre is seriously twisted, and though Lynn may not be twisted in the same manner, that doesn't make her better in my opinion. If anything, it makes her worse, because she aids, abets, and facilitates his incredibly self centered wants and desires regardless of how it affects their children.

This is the sort of 'parental unit' you encounter where every available dime goes into whatever mom or dad is collecting at the moment, whether it is exotic fishes, first edition books, a high fidelity shrine with every expensive gadget the luckiest commissioned salesperson carries, or any other selfish 'investment', while the kids are pinning their broken trouser flies together, hiding the mouth a dentist never sees with their hand, and demurely sitting on their feet so as not to show the world their toes sticking out of their shoes.

This 'Dad' Andre isn't about nurturing his children. For him its a competition against them, and since he's bigger, HE ALWAYS WINS.

Premium Member
    It always amazes me when part of the rule change is to 'make' the husband cut back his work hours. The funeral business is a 24/7 job. My dad worked at a funeral home for years while I was growing up and I remember him getting called out at all hours of the night when a body needed picking up, so maybe Lynn's rule should have been that people have to stop dying after hours. The best thing for funeral dad would be to hire some help or learn to delegate some of the work.
    Lynn seemed ok to me until she rolled over and played dead at the end, and I also thought she seemed a bit overweight for someone who is supposedly a health food nut.
    Michelle was very annoying but she seemed like a good person and was right about the bus being no kind of life for those girls. I liked her a lot by the end in spite of her screeching voice. The hot pink hair was a bit much though.
    Andre... I just wanted to smack him. Michelle was right on when she called him a spoiled brat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast