Closed Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    . . . Brian . . . I'd say he's seriously whipped.
    Yup. ITA.

The man gives a WHOLE new meaning to the description p**** whipped.

Wonder if he'll be able to show his Republican face around his neighborhood after this show?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Empress NaBisco
    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    The idea that Chris would come in and say that Kristine was a sexual predator showed what a disgusting human being she is!
    I didn't quite get this part. I don't recall Chris accusing Kristine of preying upon her children.

What I remember being said is that she thought it immoral to expose young children to Kristine and Nikki's relationship, and the next thing I hear from Nikki is that they were being called sexual predators.

Did I miss something? I think there is a significant difference between the two.

All in all, not my favorite episode. Not very dishy, just mean.

FORT Newbie
    Anti-gay, African-American, conservative republican married to a white man with bi-racial children living in one of the last states to acknowledge the end of slavery more than two years after the Emancipation Proclamation and she had the nerve to call someone 'freaky' and 'weird'?!?

As a bi-racial person, believe me unfortunately, her children will experience first hand others viewing them as 'freaky' and 'weird'.

I would love to revisit the Gillespie family in five years to see how excellent the family is doing. I am sure the only one that will be screaming 'excellent' will be the psycho-therapist all the way to the bank...

Privilage does not teach humility nor tolerance. Let's us pray for the Gillespie kids...
    Last edited by chiantisun; 02-10-2005 at 01:25 AM.

First and foremost, Chris the Christian behaved in a way that is sooooo un-Christian. The irony was absolutely bizarre. I think she has some serious issues with herself. Something deep inside of her compels her to do everything "excellently" and part of that same defect in her character also compels her to be hyper-critical of everybody else. It's sad, really.

This compulsion went well over the line (big time) by the suggestion that her daughter's safety was somehow compomised by the presence of a lesbian in the house. What was that????? This is probably not truly Chris's big fear but it sure was a handy little bit of ammunition to toss at the enemy, so she used it. I was disgusted when Kristine was sobbing and hurt and this high-falutin' Christian's response was a cold, incompassionate glare accompanied by a heartless "I'm sorry to have to be so blunt". Sorry? Hardly. If she were, she wouldn't have been so. Nobody forced her to speak like that.

Chris is simply a sick puppy who has deep psychological problems. She's mean-spirited, cruel, and brutal. She takes pleasure in being self-rightous and feels grinding someone into the dirt assures her exhaulted position in life. Poor hubby is a wimp who really needed to speak up for Kristine.

Chris worries about the impact this gay lifestyle will have on Lizzie. Let's remind her that most gay people were raised in straight families. Let's also remind her that most pedophile's are either straight or go to great lengths to hide their homosexual tendencies. I think you'll find openly gay people are extremely unlikely to molest children. And, no, I'm not a lesbian.

But I am a Christian and I really resent Chris using Christianity as her excuse for being nasty and judgmental. It seems she's found a conventient way to be verbally abusive and judgmental. I may be wrong, but I think that may be classified a sin. :nono

Sorry for the rant. Didn't think I'd go on this long.

POD
    FORT Newbie
    This was a really great episode with excellent casting. What I can't understand is how someone can claim to be Christian and then turn around and behave so badly, demonstrate such pride and arrogance and be so cruel and judgemental. And it may be true that the Democrat party takes black people for granted, but to me, a black person joining the Republican party is like a Jew becoming a Nazi, it just doesn't compute.

Oh no Chris did NOT just go there with saying that Lizzie was in an "awful environment"!!!

Oh HELL no.

Oh man, someone hold me back...only 15 mins into the show and I'm wanting to hurl books at the TV already. First off you have this princess of a wife (Kris, whatever) who is all about her material possessions yet claims to be a "good Christian"??? Sorry, whatever...

Ugh...I feel disgusted right now.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

To the Christians posting in this thread, please do not think that some of us group you in the same catagory. I have seen so much open-mindedness on this thread from Christians here, and I appreciate it. Kris/Chris/whatever is NOT a Christian. She's a fundamentalist.

Quote Originally Posted by POD
    And it may be true that the Democrat party takes black people for granted, but to me, a black person joining the Republican party is like a Jew becoming a Nazi, it just doesn't compute.
    I completely agree.

OH MY GOD!!!! This woman has some balls, ya'll...seriously!!! i'm appalled!!! She yells at the lesbian mother (sorry, name escapes me) to "shut up!" and brings in how persecuted her ancestors were?? Yet she cannot see how incredibly persecuted gays and lesbians are?? Uhhh, pot meet kettle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    To the Christians posting in this thread, please do not think that some of us group you in the same catagory. I have seen so much open-mindedness on this thread from Christians here, and I appreciate it. Kris/Chris/whatever is NOT a Christian. She's a fundamentalist.
    I'll second that thought, EVOO. To all of you who have identified yourself as Christians, Republicans or Texicans...we do NOT associate you with Chris.

Strange, isn't it, that with one more letter: "t", her name would spell [i]Christ[/b]? Chris is as un-Christ-like as it comes.

If anyone comes across a newspaper article or church bulletin on our Christ-like Chris (NOT!), be sure to post it HERE!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Closed Thread