Closed Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    What did you learn from WifeSwap Chris? "I learned that I am thankful that I am so excellent and that I am not a wretched, depraved sinner like THOSE women"

End result: there's more respect between Kristine & Nicki, and Lizzie gets to keep having Princess Days.

And Brian refers to Chris as a possession. Y'know, like a diamond. :rolleyes
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff
    lol, the music when they showed Kris! "shine the light and let the blind man see"
    My husband was laughing, it said "shine the light of God's love on me"!
    Yeah Chris, you should be proud of how you represented our Lord!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    What did you learn from WifeSwap Chris? "I learned that I am thankful that I am so excellent and that I am not a wretched, depraved sinner like THOSE women"
    Add: "Oh yeah, and I'm glad I bagged me a man that is rich so I dont have to work and can pre judge others...."

That Gillespie woman was TRULY something else . . .

Talk about ignorant, stick-up-the-ass . . .

Give me Kristine, Nicki and Lizzie any day of the week.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Uhm, Brian, your wife is not a 'diamond' not even a CZ, more like a useless piece of coal.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Kristine is having a good laugh over Chris' rulebook.
    I just got to this part...I laughed my butt off, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Chris isn't happy in her new "gay habitat".
    OMG, is she at the zoo? This lady needs to get a grip. :rolleyes
    Last edited by dagwood; 02-09-2005 at 11:16 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

As a gay woman, I was really worried about what I'd find on this thread after the show. P-h-h-e-e-w! I'm glad that it's been as open-minded as it has.

All of my friends know that I'm with another female partner; these are friends of most major religions AND with children. There hasn't been a single moment of tension or fear when I am with their kids. In fact, my friend, Claire, mother of 3 young GIRLS (insert Ee-vil predator music HERE) had me live with them for 4 months when my house was being remodeled and I babysat for her for 8 years, until the eldest girl could babysit and earn some cash.

What I found the most disturbing aspect of the show was the Holier Than Thou attitude of Chris. I'd like to say more, but I think that it could be misinterpreted as being racist, which is NOT what I'd want it to appear as. Suffice it to say, Kristine was bang-on when she mentioned that "back in 1967 there were people who would object to Chris marrying a White Man and that it could be interpreted as "depraved."

This is just one more civil right that gay couples have to fight for. I just wish we had our own Martin Luther King to enlighten others.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Newbie

Chris vs. Christine

I have never been so pissed off watching a television program in my life. I am NOT prejudice whatsoever and do not have a prejudice bone in my body so you can imagine my despair when I saw how rude and disrespectful Chris was to Christine when they were brought together. Chris was crying for god sake and Christine's husband (who had spent 2 weeks with Christine) did not have the decency to even open his mouth and give her any support. He is obviously whipped. Had this been 40 years ago the issue would have been Chris being with HER husband and although I do not agree with people who would have found THAT an issue I would have thought that Chris would have given that some consideration and not been so judgmental. If I were to have anyone take care of my own children or even pets for that matter had I been away for a weekend or longer I would have chosen Christine and her family as they seem to have a real sense of family and are respectful of other's feelings. It does not matter what you have in your bank account if you cannot be compassionate towards others and I would have thought that Chris and her children have probably been a source of ridicule and been treated badly at some point in time by narrow-minded people and she of all people would have understood where Christine and her family were coming from and I was truly disappointed and hurt by the way she treated Chris. I hope by after seeing herself on television she was ashamed of herself and her behavior because out of everyone in her family she came off as the most spoiled and disrespectful of them all. I don't know how she can put her head on her pillow at night and go to sleep with a sense of pride. She obviously is too self-centered to realize other people's feelings. I am not a lesbian by the way (I am sure that is what Christine was thinking if she did read this). I am happily married to a wonderful man but that sort of judgment does not get past the doorway to my home. Good luck to you all. Some of you will need it more than other's.
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-09-2005 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Please don't sign your posts

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    Ok, let me say, as a Christian woman from Texas - THIS WOMAN DOES NOT REPRESENT US!!!
    Thank you for saying that. I've been yelling at my TV for the last hour. The only thing that woman is excellent at is being a snooty, self-righteous hypocrite.

Closed Thread