Closed Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    lambi! Seriously.

That's why I was bothered that whatshername was crying so damn hard, I mean.. geez, you've had you're whole "lesbian lifetime" to know how people react to gaydom.. take the punches and give a surprise uppercut as a counter.
    I just think though, that that's how she reacts to "things".. she looks like she can't argue without crying, no matter what the topic is.

I wish it was me at that final table. But, alas.. Zaaam and I would NEVA do this show. God knows what the heterosexual mom would think about the upside down crosses and voodoo dolls.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by rondave
    One scene I have stuck in my mind is Ma and Pa Gillespie along with their 3 kids around the dining room table staring down at their matching leather bound, zip up type, fundamentalist Bibles. Seems like a pretty normal family to me :rolleyes
    Even Denzel Washington has mentioned in an interview that his wife holds daily prayers including at the dinner table with the family. So many people do not find this practice abnormal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    lambi! Seriously.

I just think though, that that's how she reacts to "things".. she looks like she can't argue without crying, no matter what the topic is.
    I did not view her crying as a sign of weakness. Although being called depraved on national TV is very degrading, being called a potential child molester was more offensive, unexpected, and shocking. Kris seemed very sensitive and was devastated that anyone would suggest that she was capable of being a predator.

Kris's personality in her relationship with Nikki seems to match Brian's go along with the program to keep everyone happy personality.
    Last edited by sugarlady; 02-11-2005 at 04:28 PM.

Thankfully, I don't get this show...but I like reading about it. That one lesbian hating mom sounds cartoonish to me. Talk about over the top behaviour. If she babysits male children does it mean they are in danger because she is a heterosexual? Puhlease. Whatever her views are, calling someone a sexual predator/pedophile is outrageous. She should apologize....publically, and repeatedly.

I've closed this thread. It's become increasingly apparent that it's impossible to discuss the TV show without arguing deeper personal values, and that's not what we're going to do here.

Closed Thread