Closed Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Geez.. I had so much more to say about this episode yesterday, too bad I decided to go sleep off my sickness instead of yack about this...cuz now my brain is flatlining. Oh well, here goes nuttin'..

Kris (Republican Christian Excellency Wife): Wow! Can we say "uber self-righteous, bigoted, fear mongering gold digger" on this site? I hope so.
    Why did she feel the need to tell us a few times about the rocks on her finger? Ohhh..that's right, she wants everyone to know that marrying whitey and finding an agenda against other people of minority.. pays off!!
    *I'm going to have to come back to her, I can't seem to form any more PG-13 sentences right now*

Brian (OCD whipping boy): Flip flopper. How embarrassing for the gay men that had to dance with him. This guy should just have his lips sewn shut, because obviously his only "worth" is the bling bling he can buy to keep the queen appeased.

The children (voiceless minions): They look like they have fun...OUTSIDE of the house. Inside, they know that it's a dictatorship...so in order to keep ANY freedom they have.. shut up, do chores, sleep, learn, age.

Nikki (lesbian yeller): I think her 'points' of argument would be heard better if she didn't scream them! Geez. I understand that she's had/has to go against a lot of dissension cuz she "changed teams" and is raising a child, but she needs to realize that screaming louder than someone else doesn't help.

Kristine (lesbian crier): Exactly the same as Nikki, except it's with crying...not yelling. I wanted to smack her when she was blubbering so uncontrollably... stop being weak! Be proud of what you're doing, say what you want to say and take control.

Lizzy (comedian): I think she's totally fine..except she needs to contribute to the house by cleaning. Especially her bedroom.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel-bigel
    While she thought Kris was a little over-the-top, she thought the worst participant was Nikki! She found her to be very combative, a horrible mother, and very mean to Kristine. She suspects that Kristine does all of the work at home because she is afraid of angering Nikki.

I have to agree with her that Nikki is not too good of a mother. Lizzy was sassy and disrespectful, and appeared totally unsupervised and undisciplined. Many here have pointed out that kids raised like the Gillespie kids often rebel once they are away from home. Well, would anyone here be surprised if Lizzy ends up in trouble as a young adult?

I certainly won't.

While both families are extremes, I think the Gillespie kids have a much better foundation on which to build a happy and secure future for themselves.
    I also thought that Lizzy was not receiving the full attention that she needed. All the cursing by Nikki in front of Lizzy also was a bad example to set. Nikki was very unpleasant to Kristine after the rule change.

Kris and Brian's children did not strike me as repressed just because there was structure and guidelines in the household which will help them in the real working world. Their children also had many friends at the sleepover party and seemed to be well adjusted and accepted by their peers.
    Last edited by sugarlady; 02-11-2005 at 03:28 PM.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with Lizzy.. she was well rounded and smart. Just cuz the Nazi came in and gave her a "princess day" and Lizzy enjoyed it, doesn't mean she was "lacking" in the attention department.

IMO, she was being sassy because she heard her mom arguing all week and didn't like the fact that this Nazi guest mother was saying that their lifestyle was wrong. I would have been worse if anyone came in and fought with my mom. Actually, I probably would have been right beside my mom, arguing and defending her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    Interesting...I wasn't aware that Kris left a night early. Obviously, ABC didn't point it out.
    I have wondered why conservative families who profess to not allow their children to watch TV and movies even sign up to do shows like Wife Swap and Trading Spouses which all strongly rely on finding the family perceived to be the most opposite, shocking, and likely to cause over the top friction for a Swap. Maybe these people are caught off guard because they do not watch TV and are not familiar with the common tactics of reality TV.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I have wondered why conservative families who profess to not allow their children to watch TV and movies even sign up to do shows like Wife Swap and Trading Spouses which all strongly rely on finding the family perceived to be the most opposite, shocking, and likely to cause over the top friction for a Swap. Maybe these people are caught off guard because they do not watch TV and are not familiar with the common tactics of reality TV.
    sugarlady, I have NEVER thought of that fact!! And tying into your thougt process, just when do the parents watch TV that they became familiar with the U.K. version and thought that Wife Swap was identical?

I can see it now: in the Gillespie's bedroom, doors locked, blinds closed,rug pressed against the cracks to the bedrooom door, Brian and Kris both have earphones on while they watch Will & Grace and Queer Eye...oh, along with U.K. Wife Swap!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

One scene I have stuck in my mind is Ma and Pa Gillespie along with their 3 kids around the dining room table staring down at their matching leather bound, zip up type, fundamentalist Bibles. Seems like a pretty normal family to me :rolleyes

Yea.. and saying prayers for all the "less fortunate, hell-bound" families.

I would have told Kris (at the final table) that I laid naked in her bed and rolled all over it! BETWEEN THE SHEETS EVEN!
    Also, that I touched everything that I could.. in places that she'll never know or realize that my gay DNA is festering and aching for a heterosexual host-body to infest!
    That IMO would have been the best! Just watch her face drop!
    If she doesn't MOVE, she would be scrubbing constantly! ::evil laugh::

That's how I would have dealt with her. Get under her skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I didn't think there was anything wrong with Lizzy..
    We don't either. Certainly more inline with other kids her age. One of our neighbors have a daughter about the same age. They are great parents, very involved with a calm approach to things and I've seen some of the same behavior from their daughter.

At least she won't grow up to be a narrow minded bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Yea.. and saying prayers for all the "less fortunate, hell-bound" families.

I would have told Kris (at the final table) that I laid naked in her bed and rolled all over it! BETWEEN THE SHEETS EVEN!
    Also, that I touched everything that I could.. in places that she'll never know or realize that my gay DNA is festering and aching for a heterosexual host-body to infest!
    That IMO would have been the best! Just watch her face drop!
    If she doesn't MOVE, she would be scrubbing constantly! ::evil laugh::

That's how I would have dealt with her. Get under her skin.
    OH. MY. GOD. Maveno! How I wish that you wrote recaps at FoRT!

That is just a down-right nasty visual image...and I love EVERY image that I'm receiving in my perverted little brain.

Or, maybe I should say depraved brain, since I'm now Gay.

But, if I thought the same insane troll thoughts when I was married, was I "depraved" back then, too?

Yeah. I was.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by rondave
    At least she won't grow up to be a narrow minded bigot.
    Kristine's children are not bigots. Her children were the ones who appeared to enjoy the Swap which is probably why Brian made the positive comments. Kristine's daughter indicated that she liked Kris while sitting at the dinner table with the other family members which did not cause any shock waves or disapproval.

Closed Thread