Closed Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by rondave
    I couldn't agree more. People who sit on their hands and watch while an injustice is carried out are just as guilty as the perpetrator in my opinion.

I think that's a way of enabling a situation/someone as well.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Marleybone: That's the exact time that I was in High School, too! Long live the 70's!
    Woo Hoo.. Class of '72

Back on topic.. I agree with you Amy Lee and rondave. I was disgusted by how he just sat there and let his wife treat Kris like that. He actually did enjoy having her in his home in spite of their differences, yet he let his wife treat her like dirt and said nothing. Not much of a man in my opinion.

I am not going to reiterate what everyone else has said but I wanted to make a few points:
    I think the ideal situation was halfway in between Kris G and Kristine as far as housework and chores:
    Kris G was too controlling, but yet her kids knew how to clean and they were very well behaved and respectful to each other and to Kristine. But, she isn't doing them any favors by monitoring them and shielding them from everything. Even thier rooms showed no personality. Kristine was right when she said that they don't give them very much credit. Kids will surprise you if taught well Kris G has a beautiful house and she should take pride in it's appearance, and she is very lucky that her husband (wuss that he is-LOL) has OCD so he can help.

Lizzie definately needed rules and chores. Her room was a mess and she should be helping out. Having a tv in her room was too much and watching PG13 movies is so not appopriate for an 8 year old. She is getting exposed to too much, too young and I think Kris and Nicki need to let her take her time and be a kid. (I think the movie she was going to watch was Mean Girls and that is NOT appropriate for an 8 year old!)
    Two extremes and somewhere in the middle is good.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000
    I'm from Texas and I just wanted to mention that I thoroughly hated that "excellent" Anti-Christian women. I think she does have pyschological problems --- just not being able to see the "pot calling the kettle black" problem in her argument probably shows she's delusional.
    Thanks for posting this!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    she is very lucky that her husband (wuss that he is-LOL) has OCD so he can help.
    That is too funny. I was seriously rolling my eyes when he told one of the kids how to line up the cucumbers on top of the salad "for presentation". :rolleyes

Typical Republican Hypocrite

Here is a link I found where Mr & Mrs Gillespie seem to have gotten a $300,000 handout from the federal government. No wonder she has a big diamond.

http://www.fbodaily.com/archive/2002...O-00034358.htm

It was given to their business Destination Excellence, Inc. in Austin. These handouts are ripe with abuse. Could be why she is so active in the Republican Party. :phhht
    Last edited by rondave; 02-10-2005 at 11:49 PM.

rondave,

i've forwarded the link to the IRS. hope it was all on the up-'n-up, because i plan to check back and see.

Here is a link I found where Mr & Mrs Gillespie seem to have gotten a $300,000 handout from the federal government. No wonder she has a big diamond.

http://www.fbodaily.com/archive/2002...O-00034358.htm

It was given to their business Destination Excellence, Inc. in Austin. These handouts are ripe with abuse. Could be why she is so active in the Republican Party. :phhht
    Well done, rondave! I smell an article for The Smoking Gun website. I find it mildly amusing that their company is named after Chris G.'s favorite word: Destination Excellence

(I wish x-rated emoticons were allowed here...darn it!)

And a big Woo-Hoo to you, realfun, for doing what you did.

I can not wait until Lucy's recap; I normally don't tape this show but I did this time. I only watched the first 5 minutes of it tonight and found so much hypocracy in it, I had to turn it off. Chris is gabbing about "living the Golden Rule"...etc, etc. Lucy will have the converstion down pat for us to mock.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I fail to see how this is a handout from your link. It looks more like they were awarded a contract with the federal government.

I did look at their company website and some other searches. They have a viable paying client list of companies and other state and health organizations.

There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to afford their lifestyle like any other successful business owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I was disgusted by how he just sat there and let his wife treat Kris like that. He actually did enjoy having her in his home in spite of their differences, yet he let his wife treat her like dirt and said nothing. Not much of a man in my opinion.
    I never got the impression that Kristine's husband was ever comfortable with the swap. Brian just went along with the program and did not cause any friction unlike most of the husbands featured on Wife Swap. He was uncomfortable with the mass sleepover/party and dancing at the gay club. He looked very happy and relieved to have Kristine back home and referred to her as a diamond. I think they are an odd couple that I would have never put together but it works for them.
    Last edited by sugarlady; 02-11-2005 at 01:19 AM.

Closed Thread