Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cyranosfriend
    You know what I hate? I hate it when the pot calls the kettle black, no pun intended... 30 years ago, a black woman would not have been able to marry a white man, and I'd just bet there are quite a few people who think that it isn't o.k even NOW, in 2005! Yet we tell those people who don't like mixed couples that they are ignorant and intolerant. Why is it that the only groups it is o.k. to hate are gays and really fat people? Silly really, when you realize there are a lot of both groups who contribute amazing things to society everyday.
    No kidding and good post. You know what is the kicker here?? I think 3 or 4 of Texas's big cities were named The Fattest Cities in the US and yet they are so close-minded. I don't get there. Fat folk & gay folk alike are the least accepted in this country. Gay folk more so than fat folk (i'm a fat woman myself), but still. I just will never understand that.

Thanks for this post. I feel so dirty after watching this episode that I feel I need a bath. Ugh.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Fire

Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    If someone forced me to put up a Republican sign in my yard I would NOT have it. Hell NO. I refuse to go against the grain of anything I believe in. I am surprised she didn't put up more of a fight to not have it.

WOW...

The sign that was put in my yard would have somehow caught on fire. Accidents happen!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Whats worse is that she may pass on her selfrighteous hate onto their kids.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey
    I thought this show was incredibly disturbing.

Am I the only one who thought Kris Gillespie might actually suffer from mental illness? She has a whole bundle of abnormal thought processes (such as thinking the other Kris was going to molest her daughter and her thing about "excellence") that makes me wonder if a psychiatrist might not have a field day with her. She is intolerant and *WEIRD*!!

They had to give Chris the last nasty word, even if it was a supposed prayer. The Gillespies prayed earlier for themselves to have excellent prosperity or whatever it was, but directing it to the Arizona household just seemed incredibly condensending to me considering that Chris/Kris/whatever deems their relationship a depraved sham. I wouldn't care for someone that felt that way having the audacity of praying for me.

I'm mostly disappointed with Brian's roll over trick when put in the position of deciding how to respond to Chris's broadside and the reaction from Kristine and Nikki. He coulda, shoulda just kept his trap shut, he would have come across better. The same can be said about Chris, she obviously understands the value of shutting ones trap, having suggested/directed that Nikki shut hers. I was surprised that Chris let it all hang out in the way she did, her earlier remarks, as well as those of Brian when he was speaking about their pastor being disappointed led me to believe she'd of played nice nice for at least the period they were being filmed. It doesn't dispease me that she did go off, I'd prefer to see the reality of how she feels, up to and including her feelings about her daughter being conceivably infected or assaulted. That says quite a bit about her and her knowledge level.

While someone earlier posted that she hadn't actually made any direct allegations pertaining to possible predatory behaviour on the part of immorally depraved Kristine, I'd thought that she was headed toward speaking about her children in general being influenced by Kristine's visit. The fact that she restricted her remarks to her daughter validates the idea (to me) that she automatically considered Kristine's motive suspect around her daughter, simply due to the one known fact; that Kristine is a lesbian.

I was disappointed to a degree at the lack of excellence displayed in Chris's learning lesson for Nikki in the fine arts of lawn care and landscaping. I'd of expected that she would have been instucting Nikki exactly how many centimeters the holes ought to be and the precise spacing between each plant, making her do it over when the ruler didn't indicate the proper degree of excellence.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Even on previous Wife Swaps were there were affluent African American women, they would be Uber-Clean and Uber-Anal. Their explanation is that being Black and Successful meant that you couldn't just try "hard", you had to try SUPER hard.
    That could explain her obsession with excellence. It doesn't explain away why she would think a lesbian would attempt to molest her daughter.

She reminded me a lot of Condi Rice, for some reason. I hate to say it, but the expressions, the way of speaking...

The New York Post has a nice twist on this episode. Here's one of their quotes: "The most astonishing part is how blind to any change and intolerant of any other kind of life Kris, the Christian, actually is. She opens by describing her wonderfully opulent life (including her 9-karat diamond ring!), and sees nothing even slightly weird about not allowing her children - 12, 14 and 16 - any freedom whatsoever.

Kris, shocked to find she's moved into a lesbian household, wants very much to impose her values on Kristine's family, calling the two women's living arrangement "depraved" and arguing that living with Kristine's partner's 8-year-old daughter, Elizabeth, did not make them a "family" unit."
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/39520.htm
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

One smart lamb....

I think you are right on target with the reasons this Mrs. G and many in the African American community act that way. Be better than good to be thought of as good enough... Wasn't it the same when women first entered the work place on an even footing with men? It wasn't enough to be good, the thinking went, you had to over-prove yourself to be thought of as an equal in a "man's" job.

Still, as a married woman you can assume that I sleep with a man (though he might ask when that is! ) and that doesn't tell you anything about me at all. Not who I am or what I believe in or if I like vanilla or strawberry ice cream. To know with whom we have sex with is to know nothing much at all. What if I told you I preferred vanilla to the strawberry ice cream? So? Would that tell you any important thing about me?

This idea that someone is moral or immoral because of the sex of the person sharing their life is ignorant and a half. Ted Bundy was a straight. Scott Peterson was married to a woman. Did that make them moral men? I think not. What a shame to be what you say you hate--a bigot.

FORT Newbie

I wonder if the marine corp is missing one of their drill

instructors???? That Gillespie woman seemed more like a military person than a mom!!!!! I'm thinking that "excellence" must be overrated after seeing this woman in action!!!! ( I mean no disrespect to the military, I really do have a lot of respect for all of our service personnel, but this lady was so over the top with her order-barking!!!!!!!!!!)
    Last edited by justamom; 02-10-2005 at 03:33 AM. Reason: didn't want to insult the military

Quote Originally Posted by cyranosfriend
    This idea that someone is moral or immoral because of the sex of the person sharing their life is ignorant and a half. Ted Bundy was a straight. Scott Peterson was married to a woman. Did that make them moral men? I think not. What a shame to be what you say you hate--a bigot.
    Amen!

Kristine and Nikki: This one's for you!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Closed Thread