Closed Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

If someone forced me to put up a Republican sign in my yard I would NOT have it. Hell NO. I refuse to go against the grain of anything I believe in. I am surprised she didn't put up more of a fight to not have it.

WOW...
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

I was actually watching tonight and i was disgusted by this woman.
    Do unto others...
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    If someone forced me to put up a Republican sign in my yard I would NOT have it. Hell NO. I refuse to go against the grain of anything I believe in. I am surprised she didn't put up more of a fight to not have it.

WOW...
    But see, that's the difference between Tolerance and INTOLERANCE! To Kristine, it wasn't her philosophy, but she knew that it was Chris' week so it was Chris' rules; just like the former people who demanded flags go up on the porch. But WHO has an American Flag across their fire place!

I'd like to know what 'goodies' Chris has over her husband that she's able to keep him in such control.

On the exit interviews with the kids, especially the one daughter, NONE of them minded Chris, in fact, they really liked the loosing of their yoke that she provided.

Best Case Scenario: Chris' daughter turns gay! And a Democrat!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

WOW!!! She has learnred nothing!!! Oh my god...she even reduced Christine to tears. What a stupid bitch.

And the fact that the husband?? P-whipped, alright. Groaning when the other wife was defending her partner who was called a PREDATOR by that stupid woman?? What an ASS.

Wow. This episode is extremely disturbing. Chris is disgusting. She uses her Christianity as a justification for treating people who disagree with her like dirt. How can she honestly believe she's behaving like a Christian?

What's most disturbing is that she's sooooo blind to the parallels between gay/lesbian families and multi-racial families prior to 1967 (when miscegenation laws -- laws preventing inter-racial marriages -- were struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court). How would SHE have responded to bigots who claimed that whites and blacks marrying is against God's law, perverted, weird, freaky and depraved?

"We teach our kids to be upright and noble." How can Chris say that with a straight face?! Children learn what their parents model for them. Chris is modeling hate, perversion and prejudice. I mean, come on, what kind of a pervert automatically assumes that the decent lesbian who was being followed by a camera crew the entire time she was in her home was out to molest her daughter? The mind that birthed that thought is perverted, NOT the person at whom the thought was directed.

And Brian? He's modeling cowardice and conformity to the whims of a dangerous bully.

Truly, truly pathetic. Chris can claim to be whatever she wants, but she is NOT a Christian.

There was an interview with the wife who stayed at home (the lesbian one) during the swap. You can read it here at:

http://www.advocate.com/html/stories..._wife_swap.asp

The thing that struck me the most was this:

Did Kris Gillespie ever inspire genuine fear in you?

No, I’m not afraid of people like her. Kris [Luffey], on the other hand, there were times when she was. She and [Gillespie’s husband] Brian had some arguments that didn’t make the episode, and she also had to go to church with them. It was “Marriage Amendment Sunday, Call Your Senator Monday” day. So she had to sit through a gay-bashing sermon. And Brian signed an amendment petition in front of her at church. It was very emotional for her.

FTR, Kris Luffey is Nikki's partner. That's really sad and disgusting. I feel for her.

Thanks so much for the link, EVOO. It was very insightful.

I don't find it odd, at all, that Texas Kris is refusing interviews. (Damn! There's just TOO many Chris/Kris': Kris Luffey is the Lesbian parent and Christian Kris Gillespie is the Bigot.)

Here's another bit from the article:

In the final moments of the show, did Kris Gillespie actually call you sexual predators?
    She used those words. She used them from the beginning. She was concerned about her daughter—that my Kris was going to molest her.

Oh, God.
    Yes, not that Kris was going to convert her daughter to lesbianism, but that she was literally going to molest her.

Insufferable behavior.

And what about what Brian, the husband, said to Kris about his pastor; how HE wouldn't allow anyone in the church to 'discriminate'; I guess there's space in the Gillespie pew since Christian can't enter the church any longer.

I just found this link to an Arizona paper: http://www.azcentral.com/ent/tv/arti...9wifeswap.html I don't know how they achieved it, but there's an actual photo of the two switched couples standing next to each other!
    Last edited by lambikins; 02-10-2005 at 03:34 AM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I am so MAD!

You know what I hate? I hate it when the pot calls the kettle black, no pun intended... 30 years ago, a black woman would not have been able to marry a white man, and I'd just bet there are quite a few people who think that it isn't o.k even NOW, in 2005! Yet we tell those people who don't like mixed couples that they are ignorant and intolerant. Why is it that the only groups it is o.k. to hate are gays and really fat people? Silly really, when you realize there are a lot of both groups who contribute amazing things to society everyday.

It seems that I see and hear an awful lot about the African American community not likeing the gay community. Do they not remember how it feels to be singled out for some aspect of your life over which you have no choice? Perhaps they are just happy the heat is off them for a change? I do not agree with the idea that you can tell any person, black, white, green or blue, gay, married, single, asexual, or undecided how they should or should not live. Mind your own house, and when you start walking on the top of the water in the bathtub like Jesus walked on water, THEN you can call someone and tell them how to live. Until then, it seems to me, we all have our own human qualities to over come. I didn't like that African American woman. And not because she isn't white. I didn't like her because she had the nerve to tell someone they were doing it wrong. Like she never gets it wrong. There are some conservative Bible belt traditionalists that would tell her SHE is wrong for having married a white man and had children. I bet if the tables were turned, she's sure change her tune in a hurry...

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Thanks so much for the link, EVOO. It was very insightful.

I don't find it odd, at all, that Texas Kris is refusing interviews. (Damn! There's just TOO many Chris/Kris': Kris Luffey is the Lesbian parent and Christian Kris Gillespie is the Bigot.)

Here's another bit from the article:

In the final moments of the show, did Kris Gillespie actually call you sexual predators?
    She used those words. She used them from the beginning. She was concerned about her daughter—that my Kris was going to molest her.

Oh, God.
    Yes, not that Kris was going to convert her daughter to lesbianism, but that she was literally going to molest her.

Insufferable behavior.

And what about what Brian, the husband, said to Kris about his pastor; how HE wouldn't allow anyone in the church to 'discriminate'; I guess there's space in the Gillespie pew since Christian can't enter the church any longer.
    A little more digging and guess what I found out?? Kris Gillespie ran for the Republican seat of the House of Representatives in Texas a few years ago. She's possibly going for another run in 2006/2008 (whenver it is...not keen on that political hubbaloo). In any case, some are speculating that she did this show to "better her image". ROFLMAO. I'm sure in Texas maybe she did, but in general, all it showed was how incredibly vile and hateful and ignorant she truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    WOW!!! She has learned nothing!!! Oh my god...she even reduced Christine to tears. What a stupid bitch.
    More than a stupid bitch, bigot, bully, and every other thing she was (excellently) called here, I was scared to see her dead eyes when confronted by that outpouring of emotion (which she caused). In contrast to all the crap "facts" they live their lives by, it made me think of some real facts about how every seriously disturbed psychopath has grown up in an extremely repressive environment (which is not to say that every repressed person becomes a psychopath). She had the eyes of a serial killer in that scene. They should be thanking God their kids aren't out torturing animals etc.... as far as we know.

I could say a lot more, but you all have said it so well already. Excellent posts, people!

Closed Thread