+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 1/19 Show Discussion**SPOILERS**

Good link, OilPainter. The woman is NOT saving money, people who are frugal would NEVER buy disposable items as part of everyday living. She is NOT saving her family money and even her coupons are disorganized, I'm guessing that's not unlike her thoughts. I was stunned she was a SAHM but didn't know how to use the oven, only the microwave. Again, truly frugal people do NOT purchase foods that are that overly prepared that they only need "nuked". Usually saving money is associated with baking from scratch.

She's a hoarder and she needs help. It's so very sad.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I don't understand how Donna didn't know how to use an oven?? Does she cook all the families meals in the microwave only? ...so strange.....

FORT Newbie
    Donna is mentally ill so she prefers to work as little as possible. Microwaves are more for heating processed foods and gas ovens are more for cooking from scratch. Also, when your house is so cluttered, it gets in the way of doing any work.

SpideySr, she's just using "saving money" as an excuse to buy more stuff. That web site says that people who weren't loved as children buy things because they serve as a substitute for love. I think that's true of many people to some degree. So the more things Donna has, the more "love" she has. So she doesn't want to get rid of anything for that reason. She also needs a lot of love from her children. She's very needy. Seems like her need for love is infinite. Her parents must've been awful.
    Last edited by OilPainter; 01-20-2005 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LKH
    Ma Fontaine may be a clutterbug, but Ellen is something worse. Unforgiveably and insufferably rude. She thinks she's such a wonderbroad, but if she was half the class act she thinks she is, she would never have even considered speaking like that to another person on national TV or even in private. What arrogance!

I would much rather be around the Fontaines, though I agree there is a
    problem there.

Absolutely. Why did Ellen get so angry? It's not like she has to live in their house. Both parents seemed very arrogant. The daughter appeared nice in spite of them.
    Not listening............

The woman is rude...I would have slapped her.
    Last edited by Zaaam; 01-20-2005 at 02:40 PM.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LKH
    Ma Fontaine may be a clutterbug, but Ellen is something worse. Unforgiveably and insufferably rude. She thinks she's such a wonderbroad, but if she was half the class act she thinks she is, she would never have even considered speaking like that to another person on national TV or even in private. What arrogance!

I would much rather be around the Fontaines, though I agree there is a problem there.

Yes I thought Ellen was very rude when she was speaking to the Fontaines. :phhht

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ellen was a total jerk-off to say all the things she said, trust me..she wouldn't have been able to finish trashing me. If you know what I mean. <--she would have lost some of these.

But, then again...she'd have no reason to say all of that about my home...cuz I'm not a pack-rat.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

What I thought was ridiculous was how her husband and kids didn't like the clutterfree house.

I don't understand why they would prefer that better.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'm not convinced that the family really wanted it cluttery. When mom came home and saw the 2nd bathroom, she said something about piling paper products in there again, then she caught herself and said, "unless you don't want that".. and he sheepishly said, "well, umm..whatever"..

I got the impression that they do what makes MOM happy. Also, they're somewhat embarrassed. But, she's got a 'problem' and it's easier to just accept it and giggle about it with each other.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Premium Member
    No way would I be caught dead squatting in the middle of the checkout lane with my coupons spread all over the floor. (Um.. would you like carry-out ma'am?) :rolleyes That is ridiculous. I found myself really irritated by Donna, but then I hadn't thought of it as a disorder. Unfortunately she thinks she's normal so it's doubtful she'll get any help.

+ Reply to Thread