+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 94

Thread: 1/12 show discussion *spoilers*

  1. #71
    Maine-iac LATAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maine, but originally from New Jersey
    Posts
    249
    I just got this via email... and it seems as if I have received it before... but I thought it might be worth posting here, thinking of Moose... oh, and I edited one line

    One afternoon a man came home from work to find total mayhem in his house. His two children were outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

    The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess.

    A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

    In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door. All three sponges were in the trash.

    He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she may be ill, or that something serious had happened. He found her lounging in the bedroom, still curled in bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.

    He looked at her bewildered and asked,
    "What happened here today?"

    She again smiled and answered,
    "You know every day when you come home from work and ask me what in the world did I do today?"

    "Yes" was his incredulous reply.

    She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it!!!"
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

  2. #72
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    175

    2 sponges, anyway

    I just want to say that even though I'm a certified slob, I have a two-tier sponge system myself. Even I don't use my floor sponge on anything else. So if Moose was unreasonably tidy, I don't think that was a good example.

    Actually, I should say that if the participants were not in fact replaced by robots by the producers, they should get kudos for sticking with it and trying to understand each other.

  3. #73
    Maine-iac LATAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maine, but originally from New Jersey
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by weary
    I just want to say that even though I'm a certified slob, I have a two-tier sponge system myself. Even I don't use my floor sponge on anything else. So if Moose was unreasonably tidy, I don't think that was a good example.
    Man, if people knew how my sponge "system" worked, I'd never have company.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

  4. #74
    FORT Fogey lambikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    Man, if people knew how my sponge "system" worked, I'd never have company.
    Whew! I'm glad that there are also a couple of other posters HERE that have "Sponge Systems!" I looked guiltily over my shoulder when they showed his system on the show; I have the IDENTICAL one, but it's actually a FOUR-STEP Sponge system.

    1) Fresh Sponge, right from the vacuum-sealed package, opened on the first of each month. Used to wash dishes ONLY!
    2) 2 Week Old Sponge, given the designation on the 15th of each month. Used to wash counter tops.
    3) One month old sponge, used to clean the bathroom.
    4) 45 Day old sponge, used to clean up the floor, barf and any other thing that's disgusting. This one is then pitched out when the #3 one comes down the line.

    It takes one minute or less to change all the sponges around, every 15 days, so it's no skin off of anyone's nose. This may seem excessive to many, but if I don't request anyone else to do it, what's the diff? To me, it's like the guy who has his tools on a peg board, in the garage, and they all have little outlines around them. If he's happy and doesn't inflict it on others, so what?

    I can't tell you how grossed out I am when I visit people's homes and they use their kitchen sponge to wash out the cat box, and then they turn around after rinsing it out, and use it on dishes and the counter!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20
    She believed that fun and laughter were the ultimate aspects of being a parent...that its important for your kids to see you as a friend, not as an authoritative figure.
    Right you are! Time and again on this show, it seems like the lax parent's excuse for bad parenting is that they "want to be their kid's friends." Wrong! You can love your kid, be friendly to your kid...but they have their OWN friends that are THEIR age!!! They do NOT need you to be their "buddy".

    I found it telling, when the four of them met, that the White Trash Mom was talking about "how fun and how much laughter was in their home." Yet, when the daughter talked, SHE was talking about the "arguments and anger" in their home. I think Mama Trash has her bleached head in the cat box over this one. Also, the filmed shots of her and the Three Harpy Sisters showed very little laughter and a whole lot of swearing at each other.

    But maybe they were laughing while they were swearing?

    Unk: Loved the roasted parrot; perhaps you should include the recipe on the What's Cookin'? thread?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

    "lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

    "lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

  5. #75
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    47
    Posts
    40
    What we have here is a story of a woman and family who watch a lot of TV and wanted to be on a reality show http://www.freep.com/entertainment/t...e_20050112.htm

    The link is to a Detroit Free Press article on the family. The mom even thinks her family is great and nothing is wrong and has the ability to excuse her daughters for murder.

  6. #76
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826
    "A psychologist had to come out and evaluate the family and make sure we're not nuts," says Parsons, chuckling about the interview process for the show.
    How did they squeak by that one?

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey lambikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    How did they squeak by that one?
    "Cause nuts and dysfunctional, sadly, are TWO different things!"
    Still crazy, after all these shears

    "lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

    "lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

  8. #78
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Whew! I'm glad that there are also a couple of other posters HERE that have "Sponge Systems!" I looked guiltily over my shoulder when they showed his system on the show; I have the IDENTICAL one, but it's actually a FOUR-STEP Sponge system.

    1) Fresh Sponge, right from the vacuum-sealed package, opened on the first of each month. Used to wash dishes ONLY!
    2) 2 Week Old Sponge, given the designation on the 15th of each month. Used to wash counter tops.
    3) One month old sponge, used to clean the bathroom.
    4) 45 Day old sponge, used to clean up the floor, barf and any other thing that's disgusting. This one is then pitched out when the #3 one comes down the line.

    It takes one minute or less to change all the sponges around, every 15 days, so it's no skin off of anyone's nose. This may seem excessive to many, but if I don't request anyone else to do it, what's the diff? To me, it's like the guy who has his tools on a peg board, in the garage, and they all have little outlines around them. If he's happy and doesn't inflict it on others, so what?

    I can't tell you how grossed out I am when I visit people's homes and they use their kitchen sponge to wash out the cat box, and then they turn around after rinsing it out, and use it on dishes and the counter!
    WOW! there are other persons that have sponge systems? yikes. I have a new one from the wrapper each month - dishes. Then that goes to counter top because of the bleach stuff to disinfect. Then that old counter top one goes to floors, floor sponge goes to bath room, there is also the one for the kitty box.

    Moose isn't so bad after all.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  9. #79
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,969
    What was wrong with Moose was his unhealthy fear of aging! The sponge thing was, for the most part, normal. I too have a sponge "system". Anybody who doesn't, doesn't care about germs then. Who would use the sponge on the floor and THEN the dishes?

    Anywho.. he can't celebrate his bday or anyone else's (wife's anyway) for that matter, cause HE was afraid of aging when he hit 25!! He even had a baseball hat on that read, "Old as dirt" when he was walking on the beach.
    He does have some issues.

    Then, he can't even spend time with his kids. Strange.

    The list-making wife was cool IMO.

    The white trash mom was cool IMO.
    The white trash girls needed to be beaten down.. I'm not even kidding. Apparently the two younger were just following their oldest sister's example of being an arsehole. At the end, she was nowhere to be seen.

    This episode wasn't my favorite. It was "eh".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  10. #80
    FORT Fogey lambikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    WOW! there are other persons that have sponge systems? yikes. I have a new one from the wrapper each month - dishes. Then that goes to counter top because of the bleach stuff to disinfect. Then that old counter top one goes to floors, floor sponge goes to bath room, there is also the one for the kitty box.

    Moose isn't so bad after all.
    Wellness is TOO important for me to screw around with, gabriel so I have NO problem being obsessive with doing it. Plus, when I was married, my husbands NEVER cleaned up barf or stuff on the floor, so it's not like they'd grab the wrong sponge.

    The same goes for dish towels, with me. WHITE ones are for dishes, and pretty, colored ones are for hands. That way, even the dimmest of my friends can figure it out and the drunk ones don't wipe dishes anyways!

    I see how so many of the people I deal with on a daily basis are always sick and it's usually from stuff they do at home. When I house-sit for clients, they have come to know that I will purge their frigs and cupboards of ALL things out of date!!! One client, when I first began to house-sit for her...and I am telling 100% of the truth here....had mayonnaise and other highly perishable foods that had been opened, in her frig, that were 4 years out of code!!! And she still ate from them! :rolleyes

    As soon as I come home with my groceries, I separate out the frig stuff and that goes into the frig first. Then, with a Magic Marker, as I put the other stuff away, I put the date on all boxes, spices, etc. Time goes by so quickly that it's easy for a full year to go by and you don't even realize how old your food is.

    If I had a choice, I'd rather be a parent accused of raising "model citizens" than the next set of strippers and Welfare mothers!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

    "lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

    "lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.