+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 1/12 show discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    I do have to wonder how you were so quick with the roasting chicken photo....do you have a stock of them on hand...just in case?
    I'm just quick with the google finger.

UnkleScott is the damn fastest Googler I've ever seen. Tells a damn good visual joke, too.

ETA: Love the av, by the way, Maude.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I'm just quick with the google finger.
    Well, that's better than the thought that you have a giant chicken roasting photo as your desktop wallpaper or something. You know with the Foghorn Leghorn avatar...could have been a little spooky!

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Hey, Scott, the pee sponge is next to Sponge #3 and Sponge #4.
    There's quite a running theme tonight. Peeing on "Lost", Pee Dance on "Nanny 911".
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    Well, that's better than the thought that you have a giant chicken roasting photo as your desktop wallpaper or something. You know with the Foghorn Leghorn avatar...could have been a little spooky!
    Why Ah have you , Ah say, Ah have you know I'm no cannibal.

FORT Fan
    I can't believe it. What did the producers do off-camera to pull a happy ending out of this one? Maybe if you sign up for wife swap you should check and make sure that the producers are not busy building any robots that resemble you.

I'd still like to know what kind of renumeration is offered by this show that allows both uptight upscale types and lowclass foulmouthed rug rats like the Three Terrors to feel as if it is worth their time to expose their worst sides for the viewing audience.

I realize that people filter live through their own experiences and perceptions, but can you in advance on one extreme believe you're going to come across like a champ when it is related that you strictly schedule events to the point where a viewer could conclude that even bathroom visits and bedroom fun forays are accounted for in advance down to the minute in your personal planner?

Or on the other, are feelings of shame hopelessly passe to the point where a 17 year old girl with a mouth that would make a longshoreman blush thinks that everyone will relate to her, considering her multiple evictions from schools, a streetwalkers hours, and no visible display of respect for the only person separating her sorry slacker self from the harsh streets of reality?

Someone tell me they get a couple hundred grand or something to make this make more sense. Please.

I don't believe in happily after, let alone including 'ever' in the phrase; not when it came to the girls. Regardless of what was shown on the end, even the daughter finally showed some awareness when she said things like their pattern don't just change overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    There is no extra adult to help impose the rules to the three hell girls.

There doesnt need to be an extra adult present for the 3 girls. The idea that single-parent homes are doomed to have destructive children because of the MIA other parent is a fallacy.

The problem doesn't lie in the fact that the father is missing and doesnt parent. Rather, the problem lies with the parent that is there: the mother.

She believed that fun and laughter were the ultimate aspects of being a parent...that its important for your kids to see you as a friend, not as an authoritative figure.

Those 3 girls were raised to swear, hit, smoke, party, be disrespectful because that is what their mother taught them....notice that after the mother saw the errors of her way, that she was TOO lenient, the girls took notice and also got direction in their lives.

This thread was just as funny as the episode. I must admit I watched it last night at work wishing we were online!

... and yes, I noticed the 47 inch TV in the "I'm a girl so I shouldn't have responsibilities but I'm a woman and will stay up till 4 AM" room.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20
    There doesnt need to be an extra adult present for the 3 girls. The idea that single-parent homes are doomed to have destructive children because of the MIA other parent is a fallacy.

The problem doesn't lie in the fact that the father is missing and doesnt parent. Rather, the problem lies with the parent that is there: the mother.
    I agree with what you're saying, and there are plenty of 2-parent households where the kids are just as bad, so I don't think their behavior has anything to do with the absence of a second adult. In my opinion the point is that the show is called "Wife Swap". A single mother is not a wife.
    Having that second adult there doesn't necessarily mean the rules will be enforced either, most of the time the "husband" fights against the rules more than the kids do. I just don't think this family should have been on the show in the first place, or they should change the name to "Parent Swap".
    Besides, like I've said before.. half the fun of this show is watching the husbands act like big jerks when they don't like the changes.

+ Reply to Thread