+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 12/15 show discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I hear ya. I was the token white at a black wedding once.
    I sang at one of my friend's grandmother's funeral where I was the only African American attending. At the family gathering, her brother strained to make small talk and said, "I dated a black gal once, I liked her hair". I was like " Oh really?". My friend was mortified, but we had a good laugh.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    In response to Shelly holding all of the credit cards and checkbooks of the southern family: "Can she be trusted? Why can't Daddy hold them?"

Okay, can we throw in a "TACT seminar with the racial sensitivity class?" :rolleyes
    I took that more as the girls trying to get Dad to hold the cards, because they can easily pry them out of Dad's hands.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I'm anticipating a fairly friendly meeting when the two couples get together. Too bad, Unk won't get to see how nasty those meetings can get.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The song they were playing "Everlasting Love" takes me back...way back.

Well at least Sue sees the irony in her teaching Justine and Javier the value of a dollar when her own daughters don't even understand it.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    Qboots I know how Sue felt in that church, I once went to church with a co-worker and I was the only black person in a church of about 1000. Very uncomfortable to say the least

I went to an all black Baptist Church of 4, 000 and had a great time (and I'm the whitest white girl around)
    I thought to myself when i got to it, we're all here for the same reason, might as well dive in and enjoy it.
    Much more fun church experience than my Catholic Church.

Yeah this was a feel good Wife Swap and not the train wreck some of the others have been. Both families really seem to have benefitted from this exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    Much more fun church experience than my Catholic Church.
    Yeah, my Catholic upbringing was so sombre. I'm always so intrigued by the fun atmosphere of a gospel-type church.

Oh hell no! Super Nanny on ABC?

No preview for next week?

I guess tonight was a pretty good example of what this show is intended to be: Both sides played by the rules and learned from the experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast