+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by kalince
    It doesn't matter how homeschooled students are taught, so long as they pass a yearly(or 6 months?) progress test.

At least in Oregon...
    Well that makes sense, so the family probably wsn't doing anything wrong legally, but the tutor was probably surprised about the no adult supervision.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    I have a little comment to make. I hate when parents show favortism. Hate it with a passion. When any of my three sons needed a little boost, I would tell them quietly that they were my favorite oldest (middle, youngest) son and not to tell the others. I forget when I got it from but it was in a movie many years ago. They finally caught on and realized that each of them was the only oldest,middle,youngest son. They each felt better about themselves.
    I love this! favorite oldest, middle etc., hehehe, good parenting.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I'll drive to Dallas and free her in the middle of the night if need be. SEND ME A PM BRITTANY AND LET ME KNOW!
    Brittany's family is in South Carolina. The Rock 'N Roll family is in Dallas.

Bible Dad needs to get some anger management classes for sure. I'm sure his family has been bullied by his temper for years. And trying to mask that in religion is heinous.

I feel sorry for Brittany.

FORT Fan

Analyzing the rock and rolls

I can't resist psychoanalyzing the rocknroll family. They said they freaked out at the idea of their kids leaving them, and indeed they didn't have them leave to go to school, and they weren't preparing them to be able to leave for college. They were training them to join the family business. If the family business had been dry cleaning instead of rock and roll, the lack of choice wouldn't have been obscured by the coolness.

I like watching this show, but I sure wouldn't sign up to be on it. I don't want to think about who the producers would consider to be the opposite of us, and if I can avoid ever meeting Bible Dad, that will be fine.

How do you live with a man like that? How is it possible? I think that you just eventually die inside.
    When women vote, amazing things happen...

FORT Newbie
    Here's the skinny on the home schooling.

Rock and roll kid #1, Xaundelle, who was also home schooled like R&R kids #2 and #3, graduated at the age of 18 (deliberately at 18 instead of younger because at 15 she chose to start working a job - a job she still works today) with college credits. She continues to go to college, work her job and still finds time to work with dad and play in a band.

Rock and roll kid #2, Corin, soon after shooting started working his first job at a hospital. He is studying for college entry exams at 16 and has expressed an interest in radiology just in case he doesn't become a rock star.

Rock and roll kid #3, Saphraine at almost 15 is also studying for college entry exams and is already too intelligent for her own good. Fashion and styling are her vocational interests if these 2 minutes of her allotted 15 don't make her a star.

Thanks for watching. It's all very exciting... :rolleyes

Allan Aguirre

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by weary
    I can't resist psychoanalyzing the rocknroll family. They said they freaked out at the idea of their kids leaving them, and indeed they didn't have them leave to go to school, and they weren't preparing them to be able to leave for college. They were training them to join the family business. If the family business had been dry cleaning instead of rock and roll, the lack of choice wouldn't have been obscured by the coolness.

I like watching this show, but I sure wouldn't sign up to be on it. I don't want to think about who the producers would consider to be the opposite of us, and if I can avoid ever meeting Bible Dad, that will be fine.

Very interesting....

Regarding college, see my post above this.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenkaya
    Brittany's family is in South Carolina. The Rock 'N Roll family is in Dallas.
    Thanks for correcting me.. I'll drive to South Carolina then! That would be better anyway!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Oooooh!!

We've got a celeb on the boards!!! Hey, Allan...

Did ABC land edit out a lot of stuff? Or is everything we saw true?

Wahhhh!!!!
    When women vote, amazing things happen...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast