+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I'm pretty sure there's no prize money for Wife Swap.
    I pretty sure I read somewhere that they get $5000 and whatever the visiting Wife buys for them. Like when that health mom bought all that excercise equipment. The show paid for that and the family got to keep it.

Finally. Allan calls Bill out for signing up for the show, and then not following through. And Bill up and leaves. Wendy: "I'm coming dear."
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Wow, They actually let us hear the producers or behind the camera people try to talk bible dad into staying. And I Love that Rocker dad said what we always do, Why sign up to a show knowing you will have to change but then refuse to.

Well call me a cynic, but I don't believe that Bill is lifting a finger at home. I think they just said that for the camera. But I am willing to believe that Wendy and Brittany are getting along better.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Brittney is still going to leave home at 18 I bet, and Dustin? is going to end up in a marriage the same as his daddy. Woman do this, do that, do this blah blah blah, but hey to each his own

To Qboots: Cynic! (color me purple too)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I don't understand why people sign up for this show if they have no intention of even trying to play the game. That is what pisses me off about this show. They need to do something contractually to resolve that. It's a huge pain in the rear end.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    As for the son... he's going to be unmarried for a long time if takes the same tone as his dad, unless his parents manage to hook him up with another sheeplike girl.

FORT Fanatic
    This episode is the main reason I prefer Wife Swap over Trading Spouses (though the vegan-cajun ep is by far my fave of both shows). Didn't like the bible mom at first but she really showed that she's at least willing to see someone else's point of view. What I find funny is that both shows manage to find people that think of themselves as loving and open-minded (bible family / TS's vegan family) yet turn out to be the most closeminded of all.

The bible dad... overcompensating for something? hmmm..... And bible dad jr, yeesh, watch out girls.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    I wonder if the home tutor has a responsibility to turn the rockers in for the lack of school supervision?
    It doesn't matter how homeschooled students are taught, so long as they pass a yearly(or 6 months?) progress test.

At least in Oregon...

FORT Newbie
    The baptist family reminds me of the taliban.
    That stupid boy liked it that way because he didn't have to do chores.
    I think there needs to be a bill of rights for kids.
    They should be protected from the abuse, brainwashing, lack of rights, etc.
    that goes on in families.
    People should be required to take parenting classes before having children.
    First only upper class white men had rights. Then it was all white men. Then blacks. Then women. Now homosexuals are starting to get rights. Kids need rights too. End the abuse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast