+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12/01 Show Discussion***Spoilers***

Hippie-mom was wearing the leather pants on The View yesterday.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

This is by far the BEST wife swap yet..

It appears that even though there were some rough spots with the girls, both families actually did well and everyone walked away smiling and appreciative.

No one went ballastic at the meeting and I wish it would be this nice every week..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Yeah, I wish the people who sign up for these shows, and thereby agree to the show rules, would actually play by the rules.
    I totally agree. It really has bothered me when either the parent or the family has just broken the rules. You agree to go on the show - it's like 2 weeks - deal with it, give up TV, or eat junk, or whatever. This week I thought Zev should have kept his mouth shut about waste and recycling until the rules changed. He was supposed to experience a different life - not just spread the word of his way of life. Same thing is true the week that large lady moved in with the home school family (or was that the Fox show?).

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    OT - So is anyone posting here from/live Colorado ?
    I want someone to reassure me that these families are not good reps of what Colorado inhabitants are like. (Maybe moving to Denver Spring '05 from NYC)
    On a related note, I don't really don't think the biker mentality is that far off from the hippie mentality. They both have a lot in common - they both reject mainstream society.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I wouldn't hold these people as representatives for most of Colorado. If you choose to move to Boulder, you would most certainly run into quite a few of the hippie family types, but birkenstocks aren't a requirement. As for bikers, I don't know that colorado has more than anywhere else these days.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I live in Colorado ... Boulder actually. I think I know where that commune is located. Trust me, these people are not representative of the general population of the state.

I was trying to watch the show and get my Christmas tree up - laughing all the way. I especially loved when the guys were going home, the background music was "THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN..."
    Certainly the best episode I have seen. I think I like this show better than Trading Spouses because they wrap it all up in 60 minutes instead of 2 episodes. However, the $50000 is a nice little twist that would be cool to see on this show. Can you imagine what Kenny would have done with the money for the family in the commune - harley's and leather for everyone, a 2 week vacation to disney world, a week in Hershey, PA for the kids to get up close and personal with candy.

FORT Fan
    I liked everyone at the end. Note I said "end", because the biker kids were rude and disrespectful.

I much prefer this show to Trading Spouses for the same reasons mentioned above, and particularly liked this Dad version, but I fell asleep in the middle of it . I woke up to see the ending, but my question is, did the hippie kids get to go to a theme park? From some posts above, it sounds like maybe they did.....rats....I would have loved to have seen that....I need to stop watching tv lying down...it's too risky.

I loved hippie mom....she was open to new ideas, and I predict Bill is extremely happy with his new leather-wearing wife! He's probably thanking biker dad every night.
    Last edited by roseskid; 12-02-2004 at 12:07 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

omg Lucy I can't wait for your recap - these families sure gave you a lot to work with
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast