+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/17 show discussion thread *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    That was rude to make Hallmark burn his headshots and resumes. I guess he can get new ones with the money they get for doing the show. I mean, I think that she has the right to make him get a job, but to tell him that he should give up on his dream, that is too much. Does Dawn think that a banker doesn't do real "man's" work? You're only a man if you come home with callouses on his hands? Kym is being way too lazy. Dawn isn't holding up her part of the deal, if she's gonna run the house hold, then she needs to get Bailey to school on time, and have dinner ready at the right time. I'm glad that Jimmy is seeing that he needs to be apart of his children's lives.
    *Looks quizzzical* Don't bankers get callouses from counting money or shuffling papers or dialing phones, or even fingertip callouses fro mthe PC keyboard???
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

tsk tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    And could her nostrils get any bigger? You could drive a truck into those things.

(I know, now I am just being catty but the woman bugs the heck out of me. )
    catty catty catty, but her eyes were kinda buggy too, and but if someone could answer does it really take more than 8 hours EACH day to keep a house clean, then she has to stay up so late doing here work?? My mother spent her time cleaning when we were kids, but 8 hours no way! When would she have had time to kaffeklatsch with the neighbors?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    catty catty catty, but her eyes were kinda buggy too, and but if someone could answer does it really take more than 8 hours EACH day to keep a house clean, then she has to stay up so late doing here work?? My mother spent her time cleaning when we were kids, but 8 hours no way! When would she have had time to kaffeklatsch with the neighbors?
    When they said 8 hours they meant her transcription work, not the housework. And if you think about what needs to be done from the time the kids leave in the morning till they get home in the afternoon she likely only gets 4 hours or so to work during the day and has to finish after everyone's in bed. And that's 4 hours if she doesn't have to do any errands! Add those in and you'd be lucky to get an hour of work in before the kids got home. I work from home and it's hard to work around everyone else's schedule and still get things done that need getting done.

So far (I'm a West Coaster here), I see no difference between Kym & Jimmy. Both are chauvinistic pigs (if I may go so far). Both expect a LOT from their spouses. I'm going to have to prevent myself from throwing up throughout this episode.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

FORT Regular
    AAAAAAHHHHHH. I finally realized that what stuns me week after week is how ENTRENCHED folks are in their 'lifestyle'. I just read the Oklahoma moms manual and I am stumped. She's all rah-rah about the man being the provider but she WORKS. HARD. And apparently because they need the dough. Don't be a pompous a** about being a full time mom if you are glued to the computer 8+ hours a day. And reading the manual there are repeated references to feeling 'trapped in the house'. I can't reconcile "our way is best" with "I don't feel appreciated and I'm trapped in the house". For goodness sakes she resents Jimmy getting the mail on Saturday because it's a special treat for her to get that contact with the outside world.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Dawn;
    Why couldn't she get dinner ready on time and the daughter to school on time? In HER household, she had more children, dirtier house and the transcribing to do...so I really don't understand why she screwed up that day.
    I didn't like that she had him burn his head shots & resume. Even if it is a "let go of that far-fetched dream and catch up to reality" stunt....they were his, and they WERE what he uses to send to potential jobs. Eh, he probably had 1000 more in a box somewhere.

Hallmark;
    Since his "dream" is to be an actor, it was my understanding with Kym that he'd do all the housework, etc if she provided the mula. So, him being a housedad didn't bug me...what bugged me was that slave-bell. I'm really hoping that was a joke. Not so sure though.
    What's his problem about having a job?? How embarrassing was it to watch a grown man get a lecture by a total stranger about how "the world wasn't built on quitters", or something like that. For the most part, I think he was just rebelling against Dawn. But still, what a total wanker.

Kym;
    She is correct in her assessment about men vs women's roles..but she's SOOOOoooo tactless & arrogant about it, it ruins the message. She's lucky Jimmy was a sweet guy, cause IMO...she was WAY out of line with her abrasive, LOUD and over-the-top way of dealing with Jimmy and his shortcomings.
    I don't think she learned anything about the whole experience, she feels as if she already knows everything.
    So, now she lights candles and meditates to control herself and her anger issues?? Good luck with that. :rolleyes

Jimmy;
    Sweet guy. I liked him the best out of all of them. He was being so courteous to Kym, even after she was being a jackass on the FIRST day. It took him a day or two, but he sure did buck up and take the bull by the horns and recognize that Dawn does A LOT around the house.
    Good for him! I think he was the one who learned the most about this whole thing and made honest to goodness changes in his behavior around the house.
    I thought it was so cute when he said, "I should do this more often...it was actually fun!" (about cooking food)

This was a really interesting episode to watch, I love the show!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno, you've been reading my mind. I agree with everything you have stated above.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Anybody get the feeling that Jimmy was playing the male chauvinist because that's what Dawn expected the man of the house to be? If he truly were a controlling, anti-feminist he certainly wouldn't have rolled over for Kym, must less thanked her.
    I think he was thrust into a role that deep down isn't his nature.
    Kym, on the other hand, seems to relish her power.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    *Looks quizzzical* Don't bankers get callouses from counting money or shuffling papers or dialing phones, or even fingertip callouses fro mthe PC keyboard???

i think they get papercuts

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke
    i think they get papercuts

thanks for a smile on a cool evening.. *shudders* papercuts OUCHIE**
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast