+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Another "swapped wife" tells her story

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    How about saying to the kids, "Yeah, I thought so too boys..but nope, that darned reality show tricked us! Apparently we signed up for this, so lets make the best of it...even if we hate his guts the whole time. I'll take you all out for beer and hookers as soon as your mother comes home and cooks dinner. I'll make damned sure there wernt any fairy dust sprinkled on you boys."

Quote Originally Posted by robbied
    I think the husband was right in not wanting to expose his children in their own house to a lifestyle that is at odds with his religious beliefs. A wife is part of a marriage between one man and one woman, period. They went to far this time and shame on the producers for lying to this family and threatening to sue. This show continues to go down hill.
    Robbied - you talk about 'exposing his children' as if it were a deadly virus that might be catchy. Unless you all go hide under a bed and don't come out for 20 years, you might be exposed to all sorts of things that may be different from your point of view, but if you don't, and if you're lucky, you may actually learn something from this exposure that will make you a more open, kind, loving, person. Nobody says you have to personally marry somebody you don't want to, but to be fair, nobody should be able to tell two loving people they can't marry if they want to.

All I can say is, thank goodness I live in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogopogo
    Robbied - you talk about 'exposing his children' as if it were a deadly virus that might be catchy. Unless you all go hide under a bed and don't come out for 20 years, you might be exposed to all sorts of things that may be different from your point of view, but if you don't, and if you're lucky, you may actually learn something from this exposure that will make you a more open, kind, loving, person. Nobody says you have to personally marry somebody you don't want to, but to be fair, nobody should be able to tell two loving people they can't marry if they want to.

All I can say is, thank goodness I live in Canada.
    <--- doesn't live in Canada, I do hope to see this one in WI where I am from.
    In the meantime I hope I don't "expose" myself to anyone or I might end up on wife swap. OOPS! My cats won't put up with this.... I can't swap, no partner and enjoying it. BTW folks this thread seems to be getting a bit off track and going into morality and personal beliefs, feelings and lifestyles.
    Last edited by just1paul; 11-19-2004 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added thought
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I agree with the Jenny Jones quote. If you don't like surprises , don't sign up for the show. To be fair this show ( and the other wife swap) does have quite a bit more of the totally clueless . They HAVE to be casting for the stupid . It's the only explanation. And just why are these clueless applying ?

Premise of the show - experience a change.
    When the change comes - I ain't doin THAT
    It's happening over and over.
    I could have quoted EVERY.SINGLE.POST (mostly), for the well-thought out and disbelieving responses expressed over the PLEASANTVILLE attitudes of some Religious Right.

Do these people NOT own TV's?

Do they NOT watch or have they NOT heard of:

1) Will & Grace
    2) Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
    3) Kevin Hill (openly gay nanny)

Or.....

Do they NOT read People Magazine, listen to Popular Music or watch MTV?

Like one of the earlier shows, these kids are probably "Home Schooled" in Evolution, McCarthy-ism, and Prejudice. (I'm saying some Home Schooled; not the majority!)

And in regards to what Good Ol' Boy hubbie had "in store" for his Brand-Spankin'-New-Wife, he probably wanted to canoodle with her like that Hillbilly did with the activist/poet wife from shows ago.

I'm already 'feeling' for the gay couple.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Perfect answer

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    I could have quoted EVERY.SINGLE.POST (mostly), for the well-thought out and disbelieving responses expressed over the PLEASANTVILLE attitudes of some Religious Right.

Do these people NOT own TV's?

Do they NOT watch or have they NOT heard of:

1) Will & Grace
    2) Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
    3) Kevin Hill (openly gay nanny)

Or.....

Do they NOT read People Magazine, listen to Popular Music or watch MTV?

Like one of the earlier shows, these kids are probably "Home Schooled" in Evolution, McCarthy-ism, and Prejudice. (I'm saying some Home Schooled; not the majority!)

And in regards to what Good Ol' Boy hubbie had "in store" for his Brand-Spankin'-New-Wife, he probably wanted to canoodle with her like that Hillbilly did with the activist/poet wife from shows ago.

I'm already 'feeling' for the gay couple.
    Could not have said it better myself! and now on to wife swap, BTW when is this episode going to air, or will it not?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    the article mentions possibly march or april ... if they air it at all. they probably need lots of time to edit it.

Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke
    the article mentions possibly march or april ... if they air it at all. they probably need lots of time to edit it.
    March or April?? Sheesh- I think wife swap is a fairly ok show, but I am not going to calendar this one. Looks like the beginning of the end. As far as the editing goes, it will probably be either very generic or one sided.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I don't think we'll have to wait until March or April; I just rewatched the very ending of this week's show and they stated that in 2 weeks time we'd be watching the switching of "two husbands."

I'm NOT saying that this is the show, but, it could be.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I don't think this coming one is it, Lambikins. They've been promo-ing it as "Husband Swap" and I do think it's two men, not one wife and one gay partner.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I am a Christian, and feel the love in this forum. It's very simple for me, while there are lifestyles that I do not condone, I teach my children that Jesus loved everyone equally.

I would not participate in this show simply because one never knows what supposedly "quirky" behavior of ours they want to mock. I decided that after the first couple shows I viewed. As far as the abstinance cards, so what? Sign them, don't sign them...from what I gather the other wife brought up another method of birth control/personal health to the kids that did not involve a graphic sex discussion AND told them not to sign right then because it wasn't about her, it was about their own decision.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast