+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Another "swapped wife" tells her story

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon
    My first reaction is...

What a whiny little bitch!

First of all the guy, he's acting as if somehow being near a homosexual might create the possibility that he would suddenly burst into flames at an inconvenient time.
    "Oh no, there is a gay man in my house!?" --- Whoosh! --- spontaneous human combustion.

Doctor's advice, not pills, just one single line: Grow some balls you whimpy candy-ass.

This is just too ridicilous, the man fell sick because of the evil homosexual man in his household?

I so can't wait for this episode. It is like a train wreck and I have to watch.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm wondering why it takes so long to air an episode? March or April?! That's a loooong time.

FORT Newbie
    I think the husband was right in not wanting to expose his children in their own house to a lifestyle that is at odds with his religious beliefs. A wife is part of a marriage between one man and one woman, period. They went to far this time and shame on the producers for lying to this family and threatening to sue. This show continues to go down hill.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    What a crock. The only thing that is upsetting is that they didn't arrange his "time off" as they said they would. If they are the mind knumbingly evangelical sort that frowns on anyone who doesn't do things their way, they had no business applying for the show.

( No e-mails from the EV set please - I am going to hell and will rather enjoy it - It's warm )

She had no business handing out freakin promise cards - how disgusting. As for the hubby - what plans exactly did he have for the "new" wife that he was upset at seeing a man? Welcome to the real world baby ...
    Kudos to SS couple that subjected themselves full tilt to even more prejudice. I'm sure they face it daily from that sort , and to move in with them must have been daunting.

I have three questions:
    A) Has this episode aired?
    B) Robbied, is the male partner really exposing another family's kids to his "lifestyle" just by being there? I mean it's not like he's going to be sleeping with the husband, right?
    C) They sprung the gay man on the family? Good gosh, didn't anybody learn anything from the Jenny Jones incident?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Why do they always find this particular type of GLE (good little evangelical)? There are lots of Christians who would not have reacted in this manner (I mean wanting medical treatment for the "stress", oh please!). I get tired of people assuming because of my faith that I am either close minded or right wing or homophobic or some other such lable that doesn't apply to me at all. I realize of course, that they're going for tension and drama, but still - can't they just try to break the stereotype?...

FORT Newbie
    B) Robbied, is the male partner really exposing another family's kids to his "lifestyle" just by being there? I mean it's not like he's going to be sleeping with the husband, right?

I'm sure the boys would have asked, "dad I thought someones wife was going to be spending time with us" That is not a conversation you should have with kids that young. That was my only point.
    Last edited by robbied; 11-18-2004 at 01:50 PM. Reason: goofed up the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    The people who cast Wife Swap are awesome. They find the wackiest people!

If you ever get a call from Wife Swap casting ... HANG UP! Do yourself (and more imprtantly, your family) a favor.

If you ever get that call... you must already be living off the deep end
    Consider it a wake-up call.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robbied

I'm sure the boys would have asked, "dad I thought someones wife was going to be spending time with us" That is not a conversation you should have with kids that young. That was my only point.
    Yes, cause well, everyone knows it's always best to hide what happens in real life. Keep the kids in the unknow and make sure that they have NO CLUE that gay men are actually nice men, just like their dad (if he actually is).

How about saying to the kids, "Yeah, I thought so too boys..but nope, that darned reality show tricked us! Apparently we signed up for this, so lets make the best of it...even if we hate his guts the whole time. I'll take you all out for beer and hookers as soon as your mother comes home and cooks dinner. I'll make damned sure there wernt any fairy dust sprinkled on you boys."
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I agree with the Jenny Jones quote. If you don't like surprises , don't sign up for the show. To be fair this show ( and the other wife swap) does have quite a bit more of the totally clueless . They HAVE to be casting for the stupid . It's the only explanation. And just why are these clueless applying ?

Premise of the show - experience a change.
    When the change comes - I ain't doin THAT
    It's happening over and over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast