+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/10 recap: "Get Outta My Face, Barley-Swilling Robots"

Finally, the three rational adults and the one white-trash Cindy agree to disagree on their parenting skills and the relative merits of each other’s spouses, and part.

She was exactly that: classless.
    Great recap!!!
    And for the record, pong (the original!) was sweeping the nation when I was younger.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2

She was exactly that: classless.
    Great recap!!!
    And for the record, pong (the original!) was sweeping the nation when I was younger.
    *BLOOP ------> BLOOP*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Great Recap Lucy!!

Paul and Melissa are too strict with their children, and need to lighten up a little and let the children be children. Paul was intimidating, but Cindy's attitude to "show him I wont be controlled" was annoying. Paul tried to be nice to her and she was still being a bit annoying afterwards. Cindy and Steve are too lax with their childrens behaviour. The girls really need to learn how to dress more appropriately and do housework and the boyfriend hanging out in the daughters bedroom would had never been tolerated at my house. This was a fun show, and I hope both parents watch and see what they need to do to improve their families. They both have flaws to correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    proseification of the play script. (I might have made up the word “proseification”. If so, it’s a damn sight more original than whoever was listed on my copy of “My Fair Lady” as the author.)

I mean, it’s all a lie! Does the rain in Spain even fall mainly in the plain? I doubt it.

I only know the youngest’s name, because it’s Lucy. Heh.

Hot Fast-Food Action in a Vegetarian Military Church

She spots a family photo and freaks out at the number of children and the complete absence of meat or cheesy poofs in the family diet.

I don’t know how she’d know this, as her own teenagers are little automatons who probably have to do penance if they let an article of clothing touch the floor, but whatever.

Evidently Cindy’s routine includes forcing poor Steve to give her foot massages, and I think we can all agree that Steve has earned his way into heaven just through that sacrifice alone. Cindy just seems like she’d have nasty feet.

“a military church with a bunch of vegetarians in it.” Whoa, that sounds fun. Sign me UP. Not.

Just Writing This Section Took Twenty Minutes

Mario to bounce off walls properly on a friend’s Nintendo 64 (and I know THAT dates me).

“You Canna Toucha Da Mango!”

Paul just *looks* lactose intolerant.

His decision is made for him when Cindy, off-camera, yells “THROW IT AWAY!” Ah, what a sweet and pleasant woman that Cindy is.

The Moment When Paul Realizes He Has No Control

Lighten Up, They’re Just Cheesy Poofs

Paul looks like he’s swallowed a falafel,

I’m thinking by week’s end, we’re going to find Paul curled up in the bottom of the laundry hamper, sucking his thumb and just whimpering.

She’s set out bowls of chips everywhere, and the kids dive in, stuffing their faces full of the glorious trans-fats.

Look! People With Different DNA!

This SECTION is NOT to be SKIPPED

Steve, honey, “flexibility” is NOT in Melissa’s vocabulary. Melissa says he’s undermining her authority, and tells us she wants to slap him.

Oh, poor, poor, unbendable Paul.

It Was Pure Hell For Us, Too, Cindy
    Another great recap, Lucy Liu. As always, my favorite are the subheadings. Especially: "Just Writing This Section Took Twenty Minutes" Struck me hilarious, wacked me with the silly, etc. etc.

Anyhow, another fantastic job. The show = eh. But you = shimmery gold. *twinkles*
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

eny
    FORT Fogey
    by week’s end, we’re going to find Paul curled up in the bottom of the laundry hamper, sucking his thumb and just whimpering.

Man I'm glad I didn't watch this whole show , or that would have been me. The strap lady scared the beJesus out of me.
    Thanks for the great recap !

Great recap Lucy! I laughed my patootie off!

I don't know if I could actually sit through an episode of this show, but I could read your recaps all day long.

*wanders off in search of some "unaccounted-for activities"*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12