+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Episode 7 preview: 11/10

FORT Fogey
    Where do they find these families? Both mothers were nutty to extremes! I really didn't like the idea of that Whacker thing, but the other children were totally undisciplined.

The older daughter - Stevie

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000
    The big mom kids were really unhealthy --- especially the older one who looked like she weighed almost as much as her mom
    I thought she was the mom! She looks so much older!

Mahlyssa

What a freakazoid show. This is the first episode I watched more than 15 minutes or so, I assume the whole point of the show is to attempt to place the most mismatched people together?

Initially I figured I'd take issue with the dictatorial house, but that was before slacker mom opened her yap for the third or fourth time. The Stepford family may not be to my taste, but at least they made a reasonable effort, it seemed, to play by the rules, as did the Bittner dad.

Bittner mom drew her conclusions early on about the situation she was faced with, and she seemed to go into open rebellion with her blinders firmly fixed in place. I'm in agreement that both families lacked balance. To the Navy family's credit, they considered their stances, at least temporarily, following the 'experiment', something slacker mom was to entrenched on her high horse to be able to attempt.

I agree with Chorita that meat should have been offered as an option, not a mainstay for a family that is unused to it. Same for all the snack foods. I wondered whether ketchup was treated like a vegetable as far as Cindy was concerned. I don't necessarily want Navy guy as MY dad, but the poor fool couldn't catch a break.

{Originally Posted by gabriel
    But Paul was finally having some fun, and big momma just knocked the wind out of his sails by ripping him apart. Sheesh woman, the man probably hasn't smiled like that since 1984.}

Paul has an kid type fun experience he probably never had before, and instead of validating his baby step and tentative smile, Cindy rips him a new one for doing it wrong.

There must be a "happy medium" between repressed, which in all honesty the strict house kids didn't appear to be, and the letting it all hang out crowd, where anything goes. I may have a bit more of a controlling streak within me than I figured, like Melissa I'd possibly take a dim view of my young daughter showing her frugal nature by forgoing bras.

When 10:39 occured, I was figuring I would see it as Melissa showing that she was too restrictive, but that didn't happen. Small things like punctuality and sticking to what you say you are going to do make a big difference in the real world. Nine minutes late may not seem like a big deal, but people lose their jobs on a regular basis when it is a trend rather something out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 11-11-2004 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Had Judy, Judy, Judy in mind instead of Cindy

Wow. What an episode. As mentioned in an earlier post, I feel both of these families were to the far extreme of their perspective. I think the Bittner mom was rude, disrespectful and completely immature. She had no ability to address a situation as a reasonable adult. Instead, she whined, stomped around, cried, interrupted and waved her hands around like she was all that! It's no wonder her children are growing up to be just like her. They had no respect for their parents or themselves and were completely unable to handle any direction without cursing, talking back and doing the "all that" movements and attitudes. If they were my children...well actually, they never would be. Those girls have been raised to follow in their mother's footsteps and they will. The whole boyfriend thing and smooching in the house (on TV) at age 14 was just gross.

Regarding the military family, they just need to loosen up a bit and let the kids enjoy this special time in their life. I completely understand having rules, chores, guidelines and maintaining respect, but there needs to be some degree of down time where there is no fear of repurcussion. I must say though, as rigid as the military parents were, they must let lose every once in a while...they do have 5 kids after all.

[QUOTE]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gabriel
    But Paul was finally having some fun, and big momma just knocked the wind out of his sails by ripping him apart. Sheesh woman, the man probably hasn't smiled like that since 1984.

I was thinking the same thing! His first emotional response and she beat him down with her comment. I think the last time he laughed his Pentium 4 chip got crossed with his IO controller.

I was totally kidding about my pinata comment, lol.
    He who holds the ladder is just as guilty as the thief. --German Proverb :nono

I was thinking the same thing! His first emotional response and she beat him down with her comment. I think the last time he laughed his Pentium 4 chip got crossed with his IO controller.
    Uh - Seeing as how Paul is probably around my age (47) I think that would be an Intel Celeron, not a pentium 4, my pentium 4 is way faster than me..
    *LAFFFF* LAFFFF* LAFFFF*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

The big mom kids were really unhealthy --- especially the older one who looked like she weighed almost as much as her mom (my wife and I agreed she was "hard on the eyes"). But, if the younger one gets a loaf of bread in the oven then she may catch up with her sister quickly.
    That fat, useless 19 year old, will never know a day in her life when she was "pretty". She reminded me of the Orks, from LoTR's.

The entire Fat Family was on late night TV last night; it was shot at a restaurant and the food in front of them would feed a family of 8 for a week.

The cow of a wife was so obnoxious and rude: she called Military Dad an "ass" and the 14 year old said about the Military Mom, "I hated her." They claimed they learned nothing from the experiment.

Well, they got their 15 minutes of FAME and I hope to never see them again.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins

Well, they got their 15 minutes of FAME and I hope to never see them again.
    I totally agree. But, the needed like 30 minutes of fame becuase it took 15 minutes for the camera to show them all.
    I love lamp

The look on Paul's face during the Pinata bashing was a hoot! Sort of like..this is the most fun he'd had in years! To bad Cindy rained on his parade for him. Speaking of Cindy...was it just me...or did her oldest daughter look like a cabbage patch doll? Just wondering...
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fan
    I'm sorry but FL family literally made me sick - they were control freaks with children that I truly feel sorry for.....why did they have children? They obviously didn't want them, they should have bought robots instead, and saved what I'm sure will be many years of therapy bills for those kids when they grow up.
    Now, I thought the VA family had many many problems of their own, but in different ways......the kids should eat better. They need to learn respect, that's for sure, as well as chip in with household chores, otherwise they will forever remain bratty and never grow up.
    And the VA mom should have laid off the FL dad with the pinata thing - she acted like her kids act - bratty :nono I think he needed the fun that night more then the kids, and I wonder a bit that if she had laid off, and let him have fun that night, if his outlook would have been a little different when things were all said and done. But VA mom's crappy attitude just ruined any hope there. And I don't like that she had to talk over everyone.....she didn't seem to understand that she was part of the problem too :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread