+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Episode 7 preview: 11/10

Flings Fairydust to all YellowRoseTX's Avatar
    I feel sorry for the Military families kids....those kids don't know what it is like to be kids!!! :rolleyes It was said they were little robots...how true that was!

Now the other families girls, were disrespectful...so it went from one extreme to another....no happy medium in this show!

And for heaven's sake, throw that damn Whacker away....scaring your kids isn't going to help them. Talk to them, ground them, etc....I predict that when these kids get older if things don't change, they are going to go WILD!
    I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay.

-- Dave Matthews

I like WifeSwap because it appears they have picked "real" people wanting a true experience of a change. Not just actor wannabees or people wanting a $50,000 pay off.. That being said.... I still cannot believe the extreme type of people there are out there in our country.... Amazing!

Flings Fairydust to all YellowRoseTX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I don't know about the rest of you, but watching freaks like these gives me a warm fuzzy feeling about my own life.
    AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay.

-- Dave Matthews

lambikins, a retired Marine and his "outfit" used to live down the streert and the boys did just what you kids did. They got out as soon as they were old enough to join the Marines. They were teenagers but were not allowed to enter the house unless one parent was at home. They sat on the front porch in any weather,waiting for someone to come home and let them in. They both ended up living in another city and the parents decided to move there. The boys told them to do as them pleased but that they would NOT be welcome in their homes. One married and had a child. As far as I know the grandparents have never seem that kid.
    These kids on the show act so unhappy. It's like they are in solitary confinement. Does anyone expect them to be close to their parents in later years? I wonder if DHS might look in to the situation.

FORT Fanatic
    Wasn't fond of the military mom until the end when she looked at the new list of rules and asked her children what rules they could use. They definitely don't need more rules but at least she's willing to make changes. If they keep that up maybe the kids will have a chance at a normal adulthood (I shudder to think what they'll be like once they're out from under such rigid rules - I think the episode in the van gives a good indication).

Loved the junk food dad.

This entire show was cringe-worthy.

I've never felt so normal, watching all the freaks on ALL of the episodes! Ugh.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

80 yr old sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Why does Navy dad have 80year old person sunglasses on??
    Because they fit right over his glasses, then he doesnt need to get those awful clip on type from a drugstore
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I can't believe there is a whole plethora of freaks Jerry Springer and his ilk have left untapped and are left for this show.

The military family just seemed so joyless. The part that had me laughing was when military Dad tried to explain to the little girl that there could be no swimming before eating because there would be just too much confusion. You'd think a guy with 5 kids would have a slightly better grasp at how to talk to them.

Geez, I couldn't believe how boring and monotonous the military dad was! It was like he substituted rules and discipline for having an actual personality. He was actually so robotic I didn't know if he was going to get angry when the kids were playing in the car or he was going to slowly bend over and start repeating "malfunction --- circuits overloaded". And, now he's trying to raise little robots --- devoid of outside interests like TV and school that would actually develop their personalities.

Navy kids

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    These kids on the show act so unhappy. It's like they are in solitary confinement. Does anyone expect them to be close to their parents in later years? I wonder if DHS might look in to the situation.
    I think those kids need a few more pool parties, a few more friends, a little more "down" time. I think the parents should have the kids helping out with chores( never hurt me) but not doing it all. I really hope that they kept a couple of the other rules because I feel that those children are going to go a longer way than the other 2 girls, who unfortunately have extremely bad eating habits, and a 14 yr old has a 16 yr old boyfriend who anyday now is going to say "oops- it broke" and there will be a 15 yr old baby having another baby, and probably an unhealthy one. The older girl should get her lazy butt out and get a job.
    Last edited by just1paul; 11-10-2004 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelled it as ahve not have woops
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread