+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Episode 7 preview: 11/10

IMO...concerning the military family...I see nothing wrong with home-schooling or expecting good behavior and discipline from kids. But quite frankly, these folks need to get the stick outta their ass. On TV at least, they appear to be completely inflexible and require rules for everything. Their kids ain't having any fun...again IMO.

As for that other bunch...Cindy and company...you couldn't go around the dinner table and get a double digit IQ. 'Nuff said about them.

At the end of the show when updates are given for both families...it would be interesting to see how these people react after seeing themselves on television...with clever editing of course.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    At the end of the show when updates are given for both families...it would be interesting to see how these people react after seeing themselves on television...with clever editing of course.
    Having seen Cindy's family on the Jimmy Kimmel show, which was LIVE , Cindy was still full of her santimonious bull, and fatter than ever.

For this type of Jerry Springer family, ANY fame is good. Bad fame, good fame, or just any acknowledgement that they exist.

I'm soooo over THEM!

By the way, Jupiter, I like your signature! However, if it's a "herd" you're going for, than this>>> is more what you're after.

A collection of sheep is a "flock", not a herd. And Lambikins should KNOW!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

ah lamby..you are so right...but at the time I was locating an animal to stick with the quote..so the sheep seemed ok. mea culpa lambikins.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

"Moo! I think I have an identity crisis!"

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJon
    I respectfully respect your opinion. (See how well I was brought up...LOL)

Like I said, it's my humble opinion. I for one don't have kid's (everyone collectively breathes a sigh of relief..lol)...but have been around many, many kids who make me glad I don't. Nothing grinds my gears more than hearing a parent say things like ...."Timmy stop that....I mean it. 1....2...3...now stop that...your'e really going to be in trouble if you don't listen to me...1...2...3...I'm really serious...you are about to be in so much trouble" and the kid is like..."No I'm not." I can probably count on one hand the number of times I got the belt too, but beleive you me, most times when I'd think about doing something I knew I shouldn't, I didn't.
    LOL TJ (if I can call you TJ - respectfully, of course ). It makes me crazy too to hear parents repeatedly reprimanding their children in public. That NEVER happened in my family. If you couldn't behave properly in public, you went home. On two occassions, I threw a temper tantrum in the grocery store. My mother just said, "Okay, it's obvious that you can't handle this, so we're going home" and LEFT THE STORE! The cart got left and everything. It only took two times for that to have the desired effect (because the first time I thought, "Well, that's not going to happen again!" WRONG!). SO - if we couldn't behave in the grocery store, she would leave us home with Dad, which meant that we ended up with whatever cereal she bought - we didn't get to pick our favorite My mother was very good at figuring our our "currency," was Dr. Phill would say.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan
    That Cindy Mom drove me nuts. There was the pinata incident which several people have mentioned (poor guy was finally having fun and she made such a big deal of his shaking the candy out of it). Also, when she got upset out in the rain, he tried to bring her smoothie over to her to help her feel better but she made a rude comment about getting it away from her or she'd throw it on him (or something to that effect). All she had to say was no thanks. She was just such a b----. If her husband wanted to shake the hand of the guy across the table -- let him! Don't try to knock his arm off, gees.

I have a slightly different take on the military family -- I think a lot of families have been raised strictly over the years, and I don't think the kids were necessarily unhappy. I think they had fun times that probably weren't shown on camera.

Hi

I'm new here, but I saw the show. My mother had a "whacker." It was a wooden hairbrush that she kept in her apron pocket - always within easy reach. She would just have to say, "I'm going to get the hairbrush," and we would stop whatever evildoings we were up to. I got "it" maybe twice. That was enough. I had no big problems with the military vegetarians. A little too anal perhaps - but fixable. The VA Family would need a team of therapists to sort out the mess they've become. If I ever flipped the bird to someone, I would not be able to sit down for a week. That kind of disrespect borders on criminal behavior. Just hated those two girls (cows.) They were ugly, lazy and will both end up on welfare. The military vegetarian kids may have a few rough patches getting used to being around undisciplined jerks when they grow up, but I see a much better future for them.

Nice post, teleangster, and Welcome to the Fort! It's interesting hearing from someone who also had a "whacker" in their family, yet turned out normal. That's the 'thing' that I also thought when I watched this show: is that the 'whacker' had only been used once or twice on each kid, and it was the POWER of it's presence that stopped bad behavior.

I agree that the VA cows will probably end up on Welfare, and be proud of it! There's a friend of mine in Michigan, that I used to be very close with. However, as I've seen her descend further and further down the Sloth Road, it's pretty hard to keep the friendship. She's only 28 years old but this is her life, as she "enjoys" it: Out of work, alcoholic husband who is 40 years old. He can't drive because he lost his license to a DUI when he was in his 20's and has been fired from the last local job that would keep him. Since he can't drive to get a job, he stays home. My friend, Melissa works full time at a truck stop and part time babysitting. She is raising her 16 year old sister, whom their Crack Pushing Mother gave up her legal rights to raising, since she's in jail, serving time. Melissa receives Child support for her sister (who looks like the 19 year old in Wife Swap) and has just found out that legally, she can quit all her jobs and apply for Public Welfare because of her sister. So, she's seriously thinking of going on Welfare so that she "doesn't have to work any more, but can sit home with Stan (husband) and watch NASCAR races and smoke pot."

She REALLY is serious about this. Watching this "family" go down the drain, the only thing I can do is ~sigh~. The 16 year old has 'blown up' to over 200 pounds because the families dinner will be bacon, sausage and potatoes. They are either watching TV or playing Game Boy. And the husband, since he's lost his job this past summer, he hasn't left the house. He just stays inside, watching TV, smoking, getting high and drunk...and doesn't help out with the house hold chores ONE bit. Yet, like the VA family, they act like this behaviour is NORMAL, and all I can ask is "Where did your impression of THIS being normal come from?"

Yup, give me the anal Military Family anytime: they're healthy, they have respect for themselves and others, and they WILL succeed. They have the rest of their lives to have wacky fun.

FORT Newbie
    I realize its been a week since the show just about, and conversation has died down but I wanted to post anyway. 2 of my younger 1/2 brothers were home schooled. The wanted to go to school so badly by the time they were in high school it was sad. My stepmother wouldn't let them. Now, they are 22 and 21 and completly socially inept. I DO realize there are home schooled children who have a rich and active social life but the comments of the one little boy of wanting to 'be around kids' almost hurt me to hear. This does not appear to be a home school situation where the parents make a concerted effort to have social activites for their children, not ones that involve kids their own age at least. Seemed to me they were little slaves, the dad wouldn't even DRY a SINGLE dish that was left after chores. WTF is that? Parenting isn't license to exploit free labor. Stating that the children couldn't run and other such comments were insane! I felt so bad for those kids. Don't get me wrong, the other 2, the girls, they need guidance, bounderies and discipline BIG TIME. But it broke my heart to see the sweet FL kids and their reaction to their mom coming back. They didn't seem over whelmed to see her. Now big deal was made, no huge hug fest or kids running to see their mom after 2 weeks. Spoke volumns to me.
    While my childhood wasn't quite as structured as the FL it wasn't too far away, and I turned out fine (well at least I think so) but I do mourn my childhood and wish I could have been more socially saavy and made the most of my youth. I hope that somehow, those kids get to enjoy some part of their childhood.

FORT Newbie

Re: Episode 7 preview: 11/10

I thought it was an intrested story. I disagree witht he army people family. Corporal Punishment in my opinion is child abuse. I think the girl Molly needs a life. She was 15, she must be 18 now, I wander how she is. the rest of the kids were like zombies. My 14 year old daughter was allowed to date.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011