+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 show discussion thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    *I never took the bus, so I know how those girl feel. Not everyone should HAVE to take the bus, Whats wrong with getting a damn ride. Does the farmer Mom take the bus to the store, think not.
    *and another thing...Milk is nasty, no one should be forced to drink a maternal lactating secretion.
    Around here the kids seem to think that riding the bus is the worst thing that could happen. I took my grandson to school and picked him up, everyday of his life until last year when he turned 16 and got his own car. I looked forward to going.
    As far as the milk thing, I love milk. I never ever drink it with meals. My kids didn't and the grandkids didn't either. You drink milk with cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    I'm so glad you mentioned that.
    My hubby hadn't watched the show (I only got to see it during Red Sox Commercial breaks) but what he saw, ESPECIALLY the wine glass, made his jaw drop. His comment?
    "I don't care HOW good she is in bed... she isn't worth THAT."

I truly hope that woman wanders the web and finds this site. I simply could not BELIEVE she was that selfish, spoiled, and lazy.
    Here's a question.... if you are that lazy, why not hire a maid?
    Oh, I know.... because those feathered boa wine glasses are pricey. :rolleyes
    Kudos and cheers to the Farmer's wife. She had class, was kind, a great example to her children, a real partner for her husband, and just the sort of woman I'd hope my daughters grow up to be.
    And my hubby thought I was spoiled.
    Thanks, "Wife Swap," for making millions of hubbys turn to their wives last night and say, "Geee... I really appreciate you."
    then again.....
    I must confess, I want to know where I can find a Richard for ME!
    I 2nd that!!! Thank you Wife Swap! A couple of minutes after it ended, my husband turned to me and said if I put the baskets in the laundry room, he'd do it when I was at work the next day. (He is off wed - fri to stay home w/ my 2 step kids 6 and 4 and then works 4 12 hr days in a row)

IMO, as far as the bus thing goes, thruout my school years I received rides from my parents, I rode the bus (a lot) and I even walked some when I lived closer to my school.. and all I can say is that if you are not in any real danger to ride the bus then it shouldn't be a big deal. It's just one of those rite of passage type things that kids do.. it surely should not cause a child to break into tears! it saddened me to see the fear in those girls' faces that they would be seen riding and getting off a bus - stop the presses! their mother should have been teaching them that what brand of clothes they wear and what type of transportation brings them to school has nothing to do with the level of their self worth but obviously she failed them in that area..
    and also as far as the ridicule factor, it happens to a lot of children.. and then they usually, in turn, ridicule someone else.. If you enjoy driving them to school to have the one on one time with them, I commend that but truth is once you drop them off at the front of that building, they are on their own and it's a dog eat dog world sometimes and if we can't teach our kids to deal with such trivial things like name calling (and believe me, I dealt a lot with it too) growing up and shelter them from 'the real world' too long, there is a good chance that they will not grow up into truly independent, confident people... that being said, I LOVE THIS SHOW AND THANK THE BRITS WHO PASSED IT ALONG!

Hey, I had a thought......
    If she hates milk and manure.......
    how d'ya think her three babies survived infancy?
    Oh wait.
    I remember.
    Richard.
    I bet she ever arranged for him to go through labor for her.

Sorry... heehee... I know it was edited heavily but I just couldn't resist.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

All I am saying is that not everyone needs to take a bus to school to realize anything. I don't like the bus and I would never have my child take the bus, unless of course they wanted to. I don't take the bus to work...why should they take the bus if they don't have to.
    Milk...thats another story. Drink it if you want to, but you should not make someone drink something that is not what it is cracked up to be.
    btw...I drink soy milk with my cookies
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

My stepdaughter started 1st grade this year and she loves the bus.. this morning when I was waiting with her to get on it I thought of the show and asked her if she would rather me or daddy take her to school ourselves and she looked up at me with a confused look on my face and said with all the authority a 7yr old could muster "No, please don't mom.. I'm not in preschool or kindergarden anymore!" haha I reassured her that I would let her continue riding the bus . but I thought it was pretty funny...

Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    Hey, I had a thought......
    If she hates milk and manure.......
    how d'ya think her three babies survived infancy?
    Oh wait.
    I remember.
    Richard.
    I bet she ever arranged for him to go through labor for her.

Sorry... heehee... I know it was edited heavily but I just couldn't resist.
    OH! That is rich! *wonders how many hours Richard had to yell "you did this to me you son of a B**ch"*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    Sorry, 4:30am isn't really too early to get up and do some chores. The girls just would have to go to bed earlier. I hope that Richard keeps putting his foot down, or dumps Christine's lazy ass.
    Yes, it really is too early to get up for someone whose body clock is that of a night person rather than a morning person. I'm not saying this is the case for this family, but it is a real problem for those of us who are not larks but nightingales.

You cannot just tell a night person to go to bed earlier. If they do, they will not be able to fall asleep. It has to do with one's natural Circadean Rhythm pattern. It is said that this can be changed, but it's not an easy process and not one I ever cared to change. I'm not lazy, just different, and I've long since stopped apologizing for it.

As an example, l awoke at around 7 AM to labor pains that were four minutes apart. Even labor didn't wake me up earlier. Granted, I had short and easy labors, but I think it's still a good example of a different sleep pattern.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    *I never took the bus, so I know how those girl feel. Not everyone should HAVE to take the bus, Whats wrong with getting a damn ride. Does the farmer Mom take the bus to the store, think not.
    *and another thing...Milk is nasty, no one should be forced to drink a maternal lactating secretion.
    When you own the car, then you get to decide who get's to ride in it, and that includes children. Just cause you were born doesn't mean that you have a right to private transportation.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I never said you were lazy, but yes, Circadian rhythms can be changed, but it can take up to 2 weeks to do so. Changing certian behavior patterns (when you excerise, when you have your meals, eliminating stimulants like caffine) can speed the process. http://members.tripod.com/~shiftworker/marapr98.html

I myself used to be consider myself a "night person", but due to the realities I live with had to start getting up much earlier than I ever thought I that could. Now I get up very early, usually before the alarm goes off, my transition period was like 2 days.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 10-27-2004 at 03:11 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread