+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 show discussion thread *SPOILERS*

After watching that episode, my husband and I looked at each other and both agreed how much we appreciate the other. A marriage is more than 50/50 on the best of days. The well off couple were a sad example of marriage. The rich dad needs to grow some ball hair and stand up for what is right. Being his family's b*tch is mostly his own fault!

:phhht Rich b*tch is a big fat LOSER in life. Her kids were so superficial, that riding a school bus was a problem. Walking straight to the fridge and getting a glass of soda after the new mom said milk would be the beverage for their meal, showed what level of respect that woman was to expect. Fortunately, those girls seemed to bend a little, but I feel like they were playing for the camera in the end. On the "update" piece, I wonder if the were allowed to watch the show and see how ridiculous they appeared, so that they could come up with a better angle to show America.

The farm family - well, they exemplify what hard work and love is all about. These folks are a-okay by my book. Sure, the kids were overworked, and it sounds as though they are going to make a change in that area. But overall, that family is rock solid. I would hope that my own boys would demonstrate that level of support should they see their parent in need.

I believe there are plenty of "rich" wives who have had to work hard for their keep. Too bad wife swap can't locate some of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Maybe she modeled herself after Eva Gabor on "Green Acres". Even the woman's wine glass had it's own boa.
    I'm so glad you mentioned that.
    My hubby hadn't watched the show (I only got to see it during Red Sox Commercial breaks) but what he saw, ESPECIALLY the wine glass, made his jaw drop. His comment?
    "I don't care HOW good she is in bed... she isn't worth THAT."

I truly hope that woman wanders the web and finds this site. I simply could not BELIEVE she was that selfish, spoiled, and lazy.
    Here's a question.... if you are that lazy, why not hire a maid?
    Oh, I know.... because those feathered boa wine glasses are pricey. :rolleyes
    Kudos and cheers to the Farmer's wife. She had class, was kind, a great example to her children, a real partner for her husband, and just the sort of woman I'd hope my daughters grow up to be.
    And my hubby thought I was spoiled.
    Thanks, "Wife Swap," for making millions of hubbys turn to their wives last night and say, "Geee... I really appreciate you."
    then again.....
    I must confess, I want to know where I can find a Richard for ME!
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Oh Anabanana, you crack me up-I agree totally about the hair growth of the rich man. This show was soooooo off-putting, I almost believe that some of it was put on. The "wonderful" rich lady couldn't have the cojones to be that blind of how lazy she appeared. Sleeping all night, and then sleeping til 3 the next afternoon? Going shopping and going to the beauty parlor must be so taxing for her that she couldn't help her husband with the housework and cooking. I almost feel sorry for her. I feel sorriest for her husband and then for her children. They were raised to not know any better. And when farm mom showed them attention, they all, including the husband, licked it up. I hope rich mom took a real good look at herself and will start being a good mom. I'm thankful for the farm family. They know how important family is already.

Quote Originally Posted by robbied
    Is it me or do the children seem "coached" in their comments. Remember the one girl a few shows back calling the temp mom "devil women". We all know that reality producers integrity is above reproach. "grin" I suppose they even tell the moms what to say to an extent, and what rules will get the families fired up.
    The "rich" family was interviewed on local tv last night. They live in a really small town about fifty or sixty miles from my little town. She looked quite normal. I think maybe her weird stuff was chosen by others. The girls were fixing her hair and makeup.
    The girls said that they liked the farm mom and were glad that she had them do more around the house. They are trying to keep it up.
    In an article in the paper a day or two ago, mom said that they would say something, during the interview, and it would be sort of exaggerated to make for better tv. She said that she certainly does housework and I think works part time. She said that if she was like she came off on the show, she'd have no friends at all.
    These people like in a rural area. No way could they not be familiar with livestock and how much work is involved with a farm.
    Now I'm finished. Let's have fun trashing them.
    I just thought that we all might like to sort of see inside the whole concept of the show. Didn't we already suspect?
    Last edited by Muduh; 10-21-2004 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I just thought that we all might like to sort of see inside the whole concept of the show. Didn't we already suspect?
    Oh yeah... you can't take two weeks and squash it into an hour! However, don't you also think there is the teensiest possibility that she is doing damage control?
    Think I'll think twice about applying, though!
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

FORT Fan
    When Richard's done with Christine, can I have him? I want to know how women like her con men into not only bringing home a big paycheck, but also doing all the housework while they lounge around doing their nails.

Apparently I've been doing it wrong all these years. I'm the one who brings a cup of coffee to my husband on weekend mornings because he's worked hard all week keeping a roof over our heads, food in our mouths and a car to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    Oh yeah... you can't take two weeks and squash it into an hour! However, don't you also think there is the teensiest possibility that she is doing damage control?
    Think I'll think twice about applying, though!
    Oh yes, you're right. I'm sure some damage control is going on. I just found the article and tv interview interesting.
    She did mention something about knowing which "role" was hers too. I need to reread the article.

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar
    Can someone post the link to that article here? Thanks!

I have to say too that I was put off by rich wife and her antics. Everyone else was so normal compared to her. I also have to admit that when the boys went to help their dad, it really struck me bigtime! I was so touched. Now that truly is family!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Oh yes, you're right. I'm sure some damage control is going on. I just found the article and tv interview interesting.
    She did mention something about knowing which "role" was hers too. I need to reread the article.
    Hey Mudah, do you have a link to that newspaper article...I wonder if it's on the internet? I'd like to read that.

I agree with you about the editing. The producers are just trying to make "good tv".
    kitty-cats rule!

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    First of all, I second, third and forth the "money can't buy taste"!! First time in my life I actually saw someone seriously (not for a joke) wear a feather boa.........and those white earrings.......and that silver space suit outfit. *shudder* Truly surprised her daughters haven't set her straight by now. Also do you realize she had to bring that feather boa wine glass WITH her on the trip?? I know I always travel with one.....lmao. She was truly clueless and mean. (gee, duh, it smells like cow manure on a dairy farm? ya think?) Told my husband I'd come to work every DAY in a black negligee and a mink coat if he'd do all the housework and bring me breakfast in bed!! (although don't cha think those vases of flowers would kinda pile up in the bedroom?) This show gets more entertaining every week........
    Cake or Death?

+ Reply to Thread