+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 show discussion thread *SPOILERS*

Tsk Tsk Tsk

1- where do they always find the "rich" bad and "poor" good moms?

2- we need a spoiled rotten poor mom and a rich "good" mom.

3- I wanted to go help milk the cows thats how bad I felt. - and I hate farm smells

4- Wow! all I can say after that episode

5- I did like that Richard was becoming assertive...

6- It's a farm WOMAN! - you cannot take away the help.

7- Did anyone see the younger boy on the farm rubbing his animals heads when they went to help dad? I was touched

8- And those white EARRINGS??? YEECH... Someone else posted 80s look ok then not so now..yup yup yup
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

They say "nice guys finish last". Seeing the rich guy's wife, I thought that statement was never more appropriate.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly
    18 hours and THEN household chores. The poor man is broken, that woman is sadistic.

"I miss my spouse, I don't think she does" - wow!
    I know...My mouth was open when they did that voiceover.

EIGHTEEN HOURS OF FARM WORK?

FORT Fan
    when the boys went to help their father, I was so moved. I was shocked at how much that touched me.

To see Ms. Spoiled just sitting around there, not feeding the little farm kids, and trying to bitch out farm Dad?

UGH.

beq
    FORT Newbie
    Originally Posted by beerbelly
    18 hours and THEN household chores. The poor man is broken, that woman is sadistic.

"I miss my spouse, I don't think she does" - wow!
    She missed her spouse. Missed him bringing her breakfast in bed, cleaning the house, and cooking dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    This was the episode focused on a recent Oprah. I only caught the last 10 minutes or so because I had the day off. I for one, work for a living.... How can the 'rich' mom actually think ALL MEN go off to work and do the housework... Did she not grow up with Leave it To Beaver or other shows like that???
    Maybe she modeled herself after Eva Gabor on "Green Acres". Even the woman's wine glass had it's own boa. What a great husband she has. Too bad someone more deserving didn't get him.

I was so touched at the fact that poor Mom & Dad are so used to spending all day together that the separation really affected them.

Is riding a schoolbus really so horrific that the girls would rather walk? But they turned out better for the experience, I think.

Not a bad episode overall.

P.S. - I hate whole milk. :phhht
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Why the hell does Christie feel that she can ask for breakfest in bed every morning? It isn't "well I've done it your wife's way, now you're my total slave". Does she not realize just how low and shallow she is appearing to the nation? A family farm is about the family working together to run the farm. While could I understand cutting back on some of the childrens chores, but it was wrong to forbid the children from helping. Her spoiled children learned that they can contribute to the running of their home. Their father was doing so much for them, if they did took some of that burden off his shoulders, they would actually be able to spend time with him. Sorry, 4:30am isn't really too early to get up and do some chores. The girls just would have to go to bed earlier. I hope that Richard keeps putting his foot down, or dumps Christine's lazy ass.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

At the interview, RichMom showed how little class she had. She realized that the days of her own husband being whipped were over, and changes were in the wind. Her only recourse: hurt the woman that showed him not all women work that way by insulting her house. Even her own husband commented "How rude". Dad woke up and grew some, I hope.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    At the interview, RichMom showed how little class she had. She realized that the days of her own husband being whipped were over, and changes were in the wind. Her only recourse: hurt the woman that showed him not all women work that way by insulting her house. Even her own husband commented "How rude". Dad woke up and grew some, I hope.
    That is so true mom2! She had a look of shock on his face when he said that they need to teach the children responsibility *now* (paraphrasing). I bet he was also thinking that if they didn't, they would end up like his wife. His actually comment to her after she insulted poor mom's house was "very rude".
    Last edited by skynet5000; 10-21-2004 at 01:24 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Is it me or do the children seem "coached" in their comments. Remember the one girl a few shows back calling the temp mom "devil women". We all know that reality producers integrity is above reproach. "grin" I suppose they even tell the moms what to say to an extent, and what rules will get the families fired up.

+ Reply to Thread