+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Episode 6 Preview: 11/03

One thing that bugged me about the show last night is how far apart the limos stopped from each other, leaving them no choice but to walk or run across the parking lot to their spouse. I think it's kind of dumb and contrieved, to make the reunion seem overly dramatic.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

KaBoom, I think you're right

The health family lives in Mission Veijo, which I think is either in OC or very close to it.

I really didn't strongly dislike either of the families this week. The military guy would seem to be most women's fantasy man (i.e. getting kids up, doing dishes himself, exercising and spending time with her every morning) if he wasn't so damn robotic and cold. I liked the other dad. Sure, he's a heart attack waiting to happen, but maybe he realizes that more now.

Exercise mom was in great shape for a 42-year-old obviously, but was a bit TOO ripped/orange/fake boobed for my liking. Junk food mom has her heart in the right place but needs to discipline her children. She's not doing them any favors, even if they love it, by letting them be "sloths."

Oh, one more thing...

anyone else think at least a little money (like $5K) should be on the line to ensure compliance with the rules?? I mean, its no fun to watch the families ignore the "new" rules. What's the point of watching the show?

Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    anyone else think at least a little money (like $5K) should be on the line to ensure compliance with the rules?? I mean, its no fun to watch the families ignore the "new" rules. What's the point of watching the show?
    I think I read in TV guide that these families do get $5k for their trouble. It was an article comparing this to Trading Spouses and featured the 'poor/country' bus driving/wood chopping mom that switched places with the rich blonde woman who hasn't worked a day in her life. Remember, the one where the rich dad couldnt stand to spend time w/his kids and they had 4 nannies for 3 kids...

FORT Newbie
    I missed the bit leading up to Keith cracking a bit. Precisely what brought that on?

Thanks,

Oranges

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    I am getting really dissapointed with this show. Its obvious the producers are coaching the kids in what to say, and I'm sure some are told to resist the rules to make good TV.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robbied
    I am getting really dissapointed with this show. Its obvious the producers are coaching the kids in what to say, and I'm sure some are told to resist the rules to make good TV.

that's what i've been thinking too ...

after all ... we all know "reality tv" really isnt REALITY at all ...

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    And do these kids not go to school? or maybe this was filmed during the summer?
    They're probably Home Schooled. That way they can save calories walking around from class to class. Maybe Dawne has an Education Circle along with the Nice Circle.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

lamb awesome!! I did think it was during the summer tho cause almost everyone gets up at 6:30 when it's school time and kids from both of the families appeared to stay at home all day so I thought it was summertime.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie
    One thing I think everybody should be able to take away from this episode is the importance of positive leadership in the home by the parents. That you parents actually have a major major impact on your kids lives (I know it sounds so obvious)

The Smith boys were lazy because they essentially were allowed to be. However, they didn't mind, and actually enjoyed getting outside and doing something. All it took was a little push. Positive parenting and leadership can make a huge difference in any home. (not that I want that chick getting me up at 5:30 for a 3 hour workout)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234