+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If given a chance . . . .

FORT Newbie

If given a chance . . . .

Would you appear on WifeSwap? Do you think they would portray you and your family in a negative light? There is an important reason I am asking this . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bridechick
    Would you appear on WifeSwap? Do you think they would portray you and your family in a negative light? There is an important reason I am asking this . . . .
    Don't do it. The producers will try to get a feel for whether you are "good" or "bad" and run w/it forming our opinion of you. The same will happen to your family members so you need to think of them as well.

Have I been on a reality show? No, and I am not connected or have insider info but I think by now it is obvious you will be edited however the producers want and you wont have much to say about it.

Unless you are going on a show with a guarantee of a GOOD amt. of $$ & you or your family really need the $$, why bother??

Good luck.

Go for it, Bridechick. Living in the midst of a TV production is a once in a lifetime experience. You will never forget the feeling of getting miked-up and having a big camera pointed right at you. I have already had my chance, as you may know (say to PCH) and as stressful as it was, I will always look back on that experience fondly. People hated us after our show aired, but who cares now? It was fun and I would do it again. If I were to have my choice of shows, I would take Survivor or Amazing Race, but if you have this opportunity at your door, I wouldn't turn it down.

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    I would say no to this particular show simply because (and I admit I have only seen 2 episodes) they seem to be picking such "extremes" in the families....and I would wonder why they were picking me, in other words, what extreme I was supposed to be representing. And how they would film me to show the extreme off to their advantage. I mean, we've had your extreme southern pride redneck NRA family, your hippie dippie sobbing animal loving dreadlock wearing family, your richie rich 4 nannies for 3 kids family, and your woodchopping bus driving mama family.....if they picked me for this show I would be kinda scared, frankly....LOL. Plus no financial incentive! But.....having said all that, if you're comfortable with it, go for it! There are lots of reality shows I'm ashamed to admit I'd love to be on.
    Cake or Death?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberieblond
    I would say no to this particular show simply because (and I admit I have only seen 2 episodes) they seem to be picking such "extremes" in the families....and I would wonder why they were picking me, in other words, what extreme I was supposed to be representing. And how they would film me to show the extreme off to their advantage. I mean, we've had your extreme southern pride redneck NRA family, your hippie dippie sobbing animal loving dreadlock wearing family, your richie rich 4 nannies for 3 kids family, and your woodchopping bus driving mama family.....if they picked me for this show I would be kinda scared, frankly....LOL. Plus no financial incentive! But.....having said all that, if you're comfortable with it, go for it! There are lots of reality shows I'm ashamed to admit I'd love to be on.
    I agree. I've wracked my brain thinking "What would America think of my boring family" and I just know my hubby would strangle "an extreme" on National TV.... and then there would be bail involved..., and civil suits....., and lost jobs.... and parole..... I don't think it would compensate me to be on this one.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    Go for it, Bridechick. Living in the midst of a TV production is a once in a lifetime experience. You will never forget the feeling of getting miked-up and having a big camera pointed right at you. I have already had my chance, as you may know (say to PCH) and as stressful as it was, I will always look back on that experience fondly. People hated us after our show aired, but who cares now? It was fun and I would do it again. If I were to have my choice of shows, I would take Survivor or Amazing Race, but if you have this opportunity at your door, I wouldn't turn it down.
    Do tell! What show????
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    Do tell! What show????
    LATAS, I'm the mom from Monster House "Under the Sea."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    I've wracked my brain thinking "What would America think of my boring family"
    That's what I am trying to figure out. I even asked one of my employees what she thought would be "extreme". We couldn't come up with anything. We're a pretty nice, normal suburban family. We live in a subdivision, have three kids, husband and I are both professionals and get along well. The producers did specifically ask if we were a pretty "liberal" family (which we are). What do you think?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ho boy.. political?

Hmmmm... I wouldn't do it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

No way would I do this.
    I have enough stress without creating more for a show.

Yikes. Besides, I think I'm too dull for TV.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast