+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wife Swap: Episode 3 Preview - 10/06

Wife Swap: Episode 3 Preview - 10/06

A CONSERVATIVE, GUN-TOTING MATRIARCH OF A SOUTHERN FAMILY
    TRADES PLACES AND FAMILIES WITH AN ANTI-NRA, ANIMAL RIGHTS
    ACTIVIST MOTHER, ON ABC'S "WIFE SWAP"

"Episode No. 103" -- This week a conservative gun-toting matriarch of a southern family swaps lives with an anti-NRA, animal rights activist mother, on "Wife Swap" -- the acclaimed unscripted reality show that takes us into the intimate heart of the American family home to reveal the extraordinarily different ways families live their lives -- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Each week, from across the country, two families with very different values are chosen to take part. In a two-week-long challenge, the wives from these two families exchange husbands, children and lives (but not bedrooms) to discover what it's like to walk a mile in another mother's pumps. It's a mind-blowing experiment that oftentimes ends up changing their lives forever.

Aletha and Glenn-an avid hunter and fisherman-haven't shared the same bedroom in 10 years. But they do share the same view on guns; they recently presented 11-year-old Addie with her first gun. The couple's parenting style is traditional and strict-they don't tolerate disrespect from the kids, and privileges are revoked as punishment. In their isolated country setting, the Smoaks' only neighbors are the three generations of Aletha's family who live on the same estate and visit frequently.

Aletha travels to Arkansas and swaps places with Amy Beaver, a 34-year-old animal rights activist. Amy and her husband, Jeff, are environmentalists with six college degrees-but little money-between them. They are anti-NRA Green Party members who support the dream of their only child, 10-year-old Emily, to become the next Michael Moore. They treat Emily like the third adult in the family. Jeff and Amy share a strong relationship-and the same bedroom. Unlike Aletha, Amy avoids her extended family, detests cleaning and doesn't work. The family has moved 15 times in the last 10 years, and has a disorganized household, heavy on clutter and light on rules.

In the first week of the swap, Amy forces herself to not speak out against Glen's firearms, Confederate flag and "stuffed" animals decorating the wall. Meanwhile Aletha's condescending remarks towards Jeff and Emily's disregard for cleanliness and authority gnaw at Jeff's peace-loving attitude. In the second week when the new wives take over and change the rules, Glen and Amy's initial friendship is tested when her liberal leanings offend Glen's southern pride, while Jeff breaks down in tears over Aletha's negativity. Will these people ultimately find common ground, or are the differences too deep?

"Wife Swap" is an RDF Media production. It was created by Stephen Lambert and is executive-produced by Lambert and Jenny Crowther of RDF Media ("Faking It" and "Junkyard Wars") and Michael Davies of Diplomatic ("Who Wants to be a Millionaire"). Wendy Roth is the co-executive producer.

A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    A CONSERVATIVE, GUN-TOTING MATRIARCH OF A SOUTHERN FAMILY TRADES PLACES AND FAMILIES WITH AN ANTI-NRA, ANIMAL RIGHTS
    ACTIVIST MOTHER, ON ABC'S "WIFE SWAP"

"Episode No. 103" -- This week a conservative gun-toting matriarch of a southern family swaps lives with an anti-NRA, animal rights activist mother, on "Wife Swap"

Aletha and Glenn-an avid hunter and fisherman-haven't shared the same bedroom in 10 years. But they do share the same view on guns; they recently presented 11-year-old Addie with her first gun. The couple's parenting style is traditional and strict-they don't tolerate disrespect from the kids, and privileges are revoked as punishment. In their isolated country setting, the Smoaks' only neighbors are the three generations of Aletha's family who live on the same estate and visit frequently.

Aletha travels to Arkansas and swaps places with Amy Beaver, a 34-year-old animal rights activist. Amy and her husband, Jeff, are environmentalists with six college degrees-but little money-between them. They are anti-NRA Green Party members who support the dream of their only child, 10-year-old Emily, to become the next Michael Moore.
    :rolleyes Ugh! BARFAROO! No thanks! One MM is more than enough. {Ducking my "rump" from other members' blows, as I know I'm in the minority here.}

I'm looking forward to this show, BUT these two couples seem unbearable! They sure know how to stir the pot, don't they?

If I have to pick one, I'll root for the gun-toting ma! I'm torn, cuz I love animals and don't always understand the concept of hunting for sport, but the environmentalist, Green Party, Michael-Moore-molding parents sound annoying as hell!

Should be a great show! But will it be as good as Trading Spouses? And is there a monetary prize?
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Rumpie, I agree......I think these shows are going to such extremes like this, it's going to backfire on them. I predict in the not-to-distant future we'll be thinking, "what was the name of that show?" Of course, I've been wrong before.

I saw a preview for another family for this show, and it's a farm woman who gets up at 5:30am, chops wood for 3 hours, then drives a school bus, and is a hands-on type of mom. She swaps with a wealthy woman whose only job is to spend thousands of dollars on clothes and shoes, go to the gym, get manicures, pedicures and her hair done, and who has a maid, nannies and chef.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Sounds like this show is going to have more of a variety of "opposite" families than just "rich vs poor" which seems to be all they do on Trading Spouses.

Good Lord...does it HAVE to take place in Arkansas?!

I'd just hate to be from that state, as they seem to get more ass-kicking than any other state in the Union! And why couldn't the gun-toting HeeHaw people be from Maryland and the Green Party members from Arkansas? Aren't there progressive people living in Arkansas? I've been down there and it's a wonderful area, especially Hot Springs. I got the best aromatherapy massage from a New Age Worker in....Arkansas... and nary a Confederate Flag in her salon!

If they're going to such extremes, what's next: A devote KKK knight exchanging places with an interacial couple?

What's the follow-up show going to be: "Law & Order: Wife Swap Unit"?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

LUCYGRL
    [QUOTE=Rumpshaker]:rolleyes Ugh! BARFAROO! No thanks! One MM is more than enough. {Ducking my "rump" from other members' blows, as I know I'm in the minority here.}

I thought the same thing. NOT a M M fan :phhht . But to each his own,

LUCYGRL
    I am absolutely gonna watch this show after reading the posts about it. I have been hooked on Trading Spouses but as was said by others, it seems like it's rich vs poor. Either the rich mean and the poor are the nice family or vice versa. I do wonder why these families would do this if there is no "bounty" involved. Have I missed some info somewhere. Is it just a learning experience and some TV exposure. Theres nothing wrong with a learning experience it's just unusual for someone to do something that is a bit uncomfortable for no money or prize. BRAVO for these folks if this is true. Can't wait to watch, hope I remember when it's on

Wife Swap is very entertaining!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

+ Reply to Thread