+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 recap: "A Tale of Four Nannies and one Woodpile"

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    Can't stand Steven, I found it ridiculous that he wouldn't even ride in the limo with her to the meeting. What a jerk. I was kinda hoping that Brad would hear of it and clean Steven's clock for the treatment of his wife. Now THAT woulda been "good tv".
    That sounds like another FEUD in the makings. Steven could have beaten Brad for cursing out his wife. Steven looked much more physically fit than Brad. Brad could only win that FEUD with a shot gun.

Stephen was a total prick. (Can I say that here?) Plain and simple. He had to be playing up to the camera, because surely no one is that ridiculous in real life.

Jodi's 'me time' argument was staggering. Why on earth would she even have kids if she can't stand the idea of spending time with them???? Get a dog or something (I recommend pugs, but to each her own). But don't have kids and then employ an army of nannies 24/7. Geez

I liked the Bradleys. The husband was old fashioned and definitely a little lazy, but compared to the rich couple, he was a freakin' saint. Its good to see he got off his butt though. In response to the previous posters asking about what he did all day, I think the show called him a "woodsman." I guess that means he chops down trees. I'm not sure though. Mrs. Bradley was so great. She showed so much restaint in not just slapping Stephen at the restaurant the first night. A paper route? What a moron.

Great recap Lucy!

I saw this episode and I have to think the NY husband was a casting director's dream. He was beyond stereotyping.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Rofl Bravo!!!!!!

ROFL I was bored today and searching for message boards about WifeSwap to bitch......... thank you thank you thank you..... you said it all and more, PERFECTLY. I hope that little Yuppie Weasleboy reads it!
    I was also wondering, watching it...... Do ya think Stephen was working out with something other than WEIGHTS all those late late nights?
    Weasleboy.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    ROFL Do ya think Stephen was working out with something other than WEIGHTS all those late late nights?
    I thought the same thing when he was talking about needing to work long hours instead of coming home to bond with his children who all looked like him. Maybe he had an adult playmate to spend time with instead.

FORT Newbie
    Stephen was a complete jerk, I know a person who also thinks sarcastic comments are to be laughed at by all, including the focus of the comment. So I didn't hold much of a grudge because I'm familiar with his m/o. (I don't condone or approve, but I do understand it.....) But I found that Mrs. Bradley had the passive agression down to an art form. She mentioned in the beginning that she wanted her husband and daughters to see how much she does and appreciate her more and that she's never told them how she feels! I would've been mad also that my kids were given a meal of canned soup and peanut butter for Saturday Night dinner, you could just tell that that was a last minute put-together out of spite.
    I was also shocked, shocked, shocked that Brad (and for that matter the producers) would expect Jodi to operate that wood chopper given her lack of any sort of work experience. I am far from pampered, but I would fear for my safety and stay as far away from that machine as possible. lol, I gave her kudos for her fifteen minutes and her attempt to start it up the next day! I also noticed that we saw her cleaning the house, and when week 2 came along for Brad to do the housework he said that she hasn't done any cleaning so far.... was I missing something? Does he mean you have to clean toilets, vacuum, and dust every single day??
    Overall I wish we could've seen more of the two weeks than just having them condensed down to an hour, but I enjoyed the show and need to hurry and get my TiVo replaced so I won't miss the next one!

I happened to catch this show and Wow. Just wow. I couldnt believe how sheltered Jodi was and the snotty behavior of her asisnine husband. I wanted to reach through the TV and wallop him about the ears with his big fat wallet. What a moron. The Bradleys weren't exactly a "functional" family, but at least they had learned a few things by the end.

You did a great job recapping this trainwreck. These comments I found especially funny and/or insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy

Just as long as you, too, keep your clothes on.

This may sound very much like Fox’s “Trading Spouse,” but let me assure you, it’s extremely different. This one is on a different network.

– who I immediately hate for forcing me to type “Spolansky” even once, must less try to do it numerous times –

You have to be kidding me. I understand that some people with lots of money lead completely different lives than the rest of us, but the idea that anyone could be this sheltered just floors me.

“Where is Brad in this whole thing?” she asks. Good question.

Really? I’d have said Jodi was following a time-honored tradition – of Vanderbilt wives.

an anthropologist who has just discovered a new creature and his response is to say, “Well, let’s get a stick and poke it, and see what it does.”

Also, I never heard of New Jersey being “hillbilly land.” End rant, but Stephen’s on my bad side now.

Brad is practically in tears, missing Lynn (or, missing her doing the work. You be the judge).

Yeah, Stephen, that’s all we eat out in the wilderness surrounding New York. Punk.
    He says he’d hoped to learn something from her about close families, or something. I don’t know how he thought he’d learn that by working out at the gym.

I]
    Can't wait till your next recap. I'll just read it rather than subjecting myself to the show again.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Mikabelle
    Stephen was a complete jerk, I know a person who also thinks sarcastic comments are to be laughed at by all, including the focus of the comment. I would've been mad also that my kids were given a meal of canned soup and peanut butter for Saturday Night dinner, you could just tell that that was a last minute put-together out of spite.
    I have dealt with more than my share of people that like to make smart comments so I did not think Stephen comments were a big deal. But I am not used to getting cursed out and could never tolerate that especially on camera.

The wood chopping chore was unreal especially after Mr. Bradley said that Mrs. Bradley, an experienced wood chopper, had severed a finger.

Overall I had a new found respect for Jodi for being able to survive and learn something positive from such a negative ordeal.

Mrs. Bradley probably had the guts to serve that insulting excuse for a meal because she had already planned to walk out on the family. I wonder if the producers of the show had already agreed to pay for her to stay in a New York City hotel.

It was obvious that she did not want to be alone with Stephen any more or have him ride in the limo with her.

Wife Manuals and new sets of rules

You can read them in details at:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/wifeswap/episodes/1.html

FORT Regular
    These two families were on Oprah right before this show aired. I caught a brief moment again on Oxygen channel where Oprah has that "after the show" show. She asked the Spolansky kids what they liked best about their new mom and they said that she was home when they got home and that she spent time with them. You could see the parents cringing as they were hoping they would say something different. In fact the dad was trying to coax them into saying something different. Oprah simply said, out of the mouths of babes, or something like that. It broke my heart to hear those kids say that and the audience reaction was the same too, that these people don't spend time with their kids, just because you can afford to have someone else raise your kids doesn't mean you should. Why bother having kids if you aren't going to spend any time with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast