+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 recap: "A Tale of Four Nannies and one Woodpile"

OMG! This is the funniest and stupidest show I have ever seen. Who would cry because she doesnt know how to use a vacuum cleaner? Obviously the rich lady.... Who would cry because she has never done manual labor before? Again, the rich lady. I thought it was unbelievable that she was crying, because she did not know how to clean or because she did not want to do anything. She walked in, took one look at the house, and started crying. Her husband looks like the biggest jerk I have ever seen, but he is NOT as bad as his wife! I her. I especially her, because she gave the husband all the chores so she could go out to jog and stuff. She is a retarded person.... OMG. :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl91
    I especially her, because she gave the husband all the chores so she could go out to jog and stuff. She is a retarded person.... OMG. :phhht
    Yes, and because of this Mr. Bradley was able to really appreciate his wife as a human being with feelings and needs for the first time. Especially, since it was his standard routine to give his wife all the chores for 20+ years.

Great recap! Although forewarned that this would be "snarky" in content, I felt that you did an excellent job of 'court reporting' and doing an accurate play-by-play, unlike so many other recappers at other sites, that can't keep an emotional distance.

Looking forward to more from you!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Two questions: What did Mr Bradley usually do doing the day while his wife was chopping wood, driving the bus, and cleaning house? I assumed he had another day job to go to, and the wood chopping business was a side job. then when jodi gave him all the chores, I was like, wait -- how will he do all that AND his regular job? But Jodi kept saying to 'get off his butt" so then I thought -- maybe he just drove around all day, delivering wood and chatting up his customers/neighbors? So seriously, if someone knows, tell me . . .thanks.

Also, why didn't the Bradley girls do some of that vacuuming, laundry, and dusting? They're certainly old enough. They can each make one meal a week, too. It's not asking too much.

Stephen was a jerk, the way he treated Mrs Bradley -- but I can understand on the last day, when the house was a mess, the kids were eating canned soup and peanut butter -- but he shouldn't have made the frank and beans type comments. He could have focused instead on the fact that she was the one who wanted to go without nannies. A man who would rather spend two hours at the gym than go home and read a bedtime story to his child . . .

I like this show better than Trading Spouses -- I like how they show you 'the Aftermath' and these people aren't doing it for the money.
    I got chills; they're multiplying . . .and I'm losing control, 'cuz the power you're supplying -- it's electrifying!

These were my EXACT questions, too, that I posted in the episode thread!

The best thing that happened to the New Jersey family was Jody coming to town, kicking ass and getting them into gear.

Lazy gits! They could sleep in the school bus for all I cared!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by Starby
    Also, why didn't the Bradley girls do some of that vacuuming, laundry, and dusting? They're certainly old enough. They can each make one meal a week, too. It's not asking too much.
    It was unreal to see the two daughters and the dad just sitting on their butts doing nothing but expecting to be waited on hand and foot. Yes, the daughters were more than old enough to know how to cook and assist with household chores.

When Mr. Bradley said that the only time Mrs. Bradley missed anytime from work was when she accidentally cut her finger because they did not get it stitched up quickly enough, I really thought that lumberjack was joking.

What happened to the three legged dog? Did the dog also have an accident with the same saw?

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    What happened to the three legged dog? Did the dog also have an accident with the same saw?
    When the Spolansky's were on the Tony Danza show, Jodi said that the dog's leg was shot by a neighbor that had a feud with Bradley.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    When the Spolansky's were on the Tony Danza show, Jodi said that the dog's leg was shot by a neighbor that had a feud with Bradley.
    *humming theme from the "Beverly Hillbillies" .. A FEUD with a neighbor, and the dog gets shot? That is tooo much..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    Mr. Bradley was very verbally abusive and even used curse words during the first week. Mr. Bradley was also very chauvinistic. Mrs. Bradley's family also was used to not providing any assistance with her strenuous daily routine in New Jersey.

Mrs. Bradley took on the tedious responsibility of taking care of three young children and failed to clean up after them and prepare them properly nutritious meals.

I never said that Mrs. S had it easy with Mr. B. On the contrary, I think it was very difficult to be with that man and watch the two daughters sit around and not help either. However, she seemed to handle him very well.

Quite frankly, I do not know that Mrs. B failed to clean up after the children. They showed the little girl's room, but maybe she was on her way to pick up the room. As far as the dinner, maybe it wasn't her best, but I wouldn't call it nonnutritious. I think Mrs. B is used to being passive aggressive, and she served that meal to Mr. S out of anger. Honestly, I wouldn't have busted my butt all day to prepare a meal for that man, either.

The loser in this show is the rich guy. He came off looking like the arrogant snob, picking on the woman used to working sunup to sundown. So what if she served a dinner that wasn't up to HIS standards ... he certainly wasn't ever around enough to suggest a meal. God help him for having to spend time with his own kids; but God help his kids more.

The other guy ... I don't buy the "I've Changed!" bit at all. He has been a chauvinist willing (demanding) to let his wife work all day long and into the night, while he and his daughters contribute by raising their feet so she can vacuum underneath. This has been going on for years, I don't see one week changing his opinion at all.

The daughters should have been trained in housekeeping by now. They definitely should be pitching in, and doing most of the chores.

Can't stand Steven, I found it ridiculous that he wouldn't even ride in the limo with her to the meeting. What a jerk. I was kinda hoping that Brad would hear of it and clean Steven's clock for the treatment of his wife. Now THAT woulda been "good tv".
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast