+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 10/06 Show Discussion - Tree Huggers Vs The Hunters

All jokes to the side.. I realize we all laugh and make fun of these reality shows. Heck I am just as guilty for that, but I still hope we have some compassion for others without worrying about people being thick or thin skinned. And after viewing alot of these shows.. I know my life is much better, but I know that these are still people with real feelings too and I do hope each get the help they need to live a very happy and healthy life. Hugs to you all

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ttlyeightgirl
    I swear I have never laughed so hard over a reality show in my life!
    That was a Leather couch in the tree hugger house wasn't it? Leather= cows right??
    Probably naugahyde but who knows how many poor innocent naugas had to die...sniff...

JR.
    Enough with the personal attacks.

For the millionth time, contestants on TV shows are FAIR GAME. They can be attacked for ANY reason. Look over the rules again http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/faq.php

If the comments here are too much for you, go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    The "Tree Hugger" stereotype (and what's your point? like tree hugging in and of itself is a bad thing?) was offensive enough. But the South'rn Confederate Good Ol' Boy who hunts and fishes like every good, decent American should...that one went a long way to reinforce my negative opinions about the lifestyle lived in the Deep South.
    But the "treehugger" liberal family was from deeper south (Arkansas) than the "Confederate Good ol' Boy" conservative family (South Carolina).

If anything, this show should once and for all dispel the tired stereotype of ALL Southerners being the same! There can actually be liberal hippie Southerners as well as the redneck bubba stereotypes that non-Southerners love to depict us all as being down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantham Gum
    But the "treehugger" liberal family was from deeper south (Arkansas) than the "Confederate Good ol' Boy" conservative family (South Carolina).

If anything, this show should once and for all dispel the tired stereotype of ALL Southerners being the same! There can actually be liberal hippie Southerners as well as the redneck bubba stereotypes that non-Southerners love to depict us all as being down here.
    Heck, I moved to Maine in '97 and I firmly believe that Maine was lost somewhere north of the Mason Dixon Line! ROFL ...You know.... "you'll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands" and all that.

Just because I actually missed this stupid show this week.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

I think everyone should go to the site and read their manuals.
    They both had their good points and bad points.
    I have to lean towards Ami though on the whole extended family thing. If I saw and heard from my extended family everyday like Althea does I would be in the looney bin. It's not like Ami doesn't talk to them, she mentioned that she does go visit her mom and her mom does come to visit them once on a while. As for Jeff's family they are even farther away, I think she said GA. I don't know how far that is from where they live but that is life. If they don't ever leave GA and you can't afford to visit well...
    I don't know, I guess it's because my DH and I are not close to our families that I don't see the problem here. Not all families are close and to get together just because and pretend is stupid.
    I don't agree with alot of the ways Jeff and Ami are raising Emily, but it'snot me. I don't think her having to do a chore or 2 is going to hurt her. When Emily grows up and moves out hopefully she will move into a place by herself because if she has a roommate - whoo look out roommate. She will probably have to teach Emily how to clean. Now on the other hand they do spend alot of time together as a family which is good.
    Ami's whole problem with the dogs, ugh! Who keeps their dogs in the house 24/7, that is not healthy for either the dog or the people living in the house.
    Dogs need fresh air just as humans do, what is she thinking there.
    What was up with Althea wanting Emily to call her ma'am?? Please!
    That was a bit overboard.
    As I mentioned both women had their good point and bad points. It seemd to me that for Althea extended family was most important to her and for Ami it was immediate family. Neither is wrong really, just a matter of choice.

Amy is a freak!

I finally got to watch this episode and it was crazy.

When she had a cow out about her dogs being outside, I literally thought she was going to die on the spot. I couldn't believe how hysterical she got. Talk about drama queen.

I found it odd that Amy and her family became vegetarians after her time spent with all the dead, stuffed animals at Althea's house. I would've thought she was one already. (Not that I'm stereotyping "tree hugging" environmentalist)

I couldnt believe how Amy acted over her dogs (adopted) been placed outside I dont understand why that was such a bad thing. I also didnt understand what they meant when they said Althea was mean to their daughter. Calling her "Ma'am" is a sign of respect shown to an adult by a child or someone younger than you. I have always called adults and still do, "Ma'am" and "Sir" as a sign of respect and being polite. That would had taught her manners, so I dont see where that was harmful to her.

Hey March, I don't think anyone is going to teach that kid anything. Her parents have her pretty well convinced that the world revolves around the three of them. Hopefully anyone who would consider taking her on as a room mate would go home with her for a visit. Don't you bet there would be a hasty retreat?

+ Reply to Thread