+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 10/06 Show Discussion - Tree Huggers Vs The Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Nghe
    You can read them in details at:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/wifeswap/episodes/2.html

:nono
    Nghe: you did a real service for this show by posting the link to the Wife Swap Manuals.

Gentle Posters: If you really want to know the characters, read their manuals before you do any posting. It changed my opinions of everyone by 180 degrees!

Here's Amy's philosophy on Life:"Who cares? We don't worry; we laugh. Before we get all serious about anything, we think, "How much is this going to matter 10 years from now?" And if it's not THAT important, we chill out! My attitude toward work is exactly the same; I work when I want, and if I don't like the people, then **** the job. I move on!! In our house, we take care of each other; we focus on right now instead of tomorrow. We talk about our feelings, and we're not afraid to share our thoughts. We never insult each other. We don't ever intentionally hurt one another, and we give lots of compliments. We're always supportive and we try to understand one other's point of view. We treat each other with respect, and we keep laughing-it ensures that the home is always filled with love."

In contrast, here's Aletha's philosophy on Life: "Glen is obnoxious, rude, crude and socially unacceptable! I like to do things for the family's benefit - I want to leave them all a good home when I'm gone. On the other hand, Glenn is dependent. He has no clue. At work, he has people to make decisions for him - and at home, he expects me to make them. He doesn't realize that there is a "real" world out there. All he does is hunt and fish. I would love for him to experience a dependent woman that needs him or insists that he do what (I feel) is expected from a man. I can't figure out how he thinks things get done and who does them. I would love for someone to show him just how much work day-to-day life really is. I cry at the drop of a hat when I've had enough. "

From Aletha's FIRST posting to the last, she lays aim at Glenn; as if he were the bane of her existance.

Think I'm picking on her? Read some more from HER words:

1)"I'm not on a diet, but Glenn says he will buy me a new wardrobe if I lose 100lbs. He and Eli make fun of my weight." I'm sorry, Honey, but you ARE a fat sow! When my friends and I were watching this show, one of them screamed out, "Look at her ass! Look at her ass!" I swear, I've served dinner for 12 on a table with a smaller surface.

2)"After dinner during the week, Glenn, the kids and I will walk around The Hill - I have my whole family living here on these 100 acres, and we visit them or they drop by. On Mondays, the entire family goes to a seafood restaurant, and on Wednesdays, we all go to wing night. Other then that, we hang out here and see my family. They also call A LOT, like every five minutes...that drives Glenn crazy!" So, Glenn is stuck on a Compound of Aletha's Kith and Kin; I'd go crazy, too! Does ANY ONE here think that Aletha's Southern Family is a little too, "Home Sweet Home", aka the Peacock Family from the X-Files??? When I read this bit, all I could think of is how many of the kids can call their Daddy their Brother, too!

3)"I go to bed at 10:30pm, and Glenn is in bed by 9pm. He sleeps wherever he can - usually in Eli's bed, as our son sleeps with me. Glenn and I sleep separately - we haven't shared a bed for about ten years." Okay, this is just WRONG, Folks, just WRONG! (See above statement!!!) NO MALE CHILD OVER THE AGE OF THREE SHOULD EVER, EVER BE SLEEPING WITH THEIR MOTHER, EXCEPTING THUNDERSTORMS OR TORNADOES!" So, Glenn is ostracised into sleeping in the little boys bedroom and the little boy suddenly sleeps in the 'Big Man's Bed'? That's just waaaaay to wrong! I'll take shampooing dogs and a 1000 cigarette butts in an ash tray before THIS incestuous relationship!"

4) "On Saturday daytimes, I take the children to my Father's ice skating rink, and we will spend the day there. We sometimes go to historical places like Fort Sumter - where the Civil War started." Oh, those poor, poor kids: either damned to the Clan of Aletha, or rehashing the Glory Days of Dixie! At least Emily isn't dragged by her parents to the first Union Strike at the Mill for entertainment. No wonder that there's a Confederate Flag on the porch...Win Dixie!!!"

5) "We are white; we don't stay all day like black people." Ri-i-i-i-ght. 'Cause I'd confuse you with a 'black' person on any other day. Why did this statement even need to be said? Amy and Family are Catholic; she didn't say, "We are white; we don't stay all day {at church} like Spics." Why did Race play into this at all? I wonder how many trees on "The Hill" have old rope burns.....from tire swings, obviously.

6) "I'm totally independent - all Glenn does is work, hunt and fish. The reason I got married was because I really wanted children, and now I've got them." Before I read this, I thought of Glenn as a baffoon; now, I just feel sad for the poor man. Aletha was looking for a Sperm Donor; some schlep of a man who could be over-run by her family, donate the appropriate amount of NEW Genetics into the mix (must have been too much inbreeding the year they got married!) and now that he's served his purpose, she can 'pork' up with 100 extra pounds, toss HIM out of the bed, and bring her SON to sleep next to her! What's his incentive to stay home, surrounded by 100% of HER family, and to stay fit, with the son taking his place? Did any one else notice that initially, Glenn really spruced himself up for Amy? He took pride in his looks because there was finally someone who SAW him! He only reverted back to his original self when Amy began to attack him...just like Aletha.

7) "When dealing with Glenn, ignore him when necessary - you have to make sure you and the kids are taken care of and only deal with him if you need to. And right she is; he's done his duty. "Now go out there and kill something that won't have the F.B.I. at our door!"

He will say what he thinks, if he thinks it will fit the situation. So if he's with his buddies, he will say about me: "Look at that fat bitch", or if he is with the Preacher, he will say: "We love each other". Yes, Aletha, he may say these things to his buddies and Preacher, BUT, he's not publishing it on the Internet for millions to read! You bloody, stupid, FAT hypocrite!

He gets away with murder; he's got it darn good because I don't make him stay home from hunting. In 14 years, I have said one time that he couldn't go out because I had a family responsibility. He pouted…and then got somebody else to watch the kids. " Honey...Aletha...what in HELL does Glenn have waiting for him at home? A fat, independent wife that sleeps with his son? Just WHAT KINDA HELL WOULD THERE BE if Glenn shared his bed with their DAUGHTER!!!????? As Aletha herself says, "Just ignore Glenn; He's obnoxious, rude, crude, and socially unacceptable." Why in tar-nation Glenn hasn't befallen a 'hunting accident' or just gone 'hunting' and never come back, I'll never know.

Now, let's read Amy's response on life, again:"Who cares? We don't worry; we laugh. Before we get all serious about anything, we think, "How much is this going to matter 10 years from now?" And if it's not THAT important, we chill out! My attitude toward work is exactly the same; I work when I want, and if I don't like the people, then **** the job. I move on!! In our house, we take care of each other; we focus on right now instead of tomorrow. We talk about our feelings, and we're not afraid to share our thoughts. We never insult each other. We don't ever intentionally hurt one another, and we give lots of compliments. We're always supportive and we try to understand one other's point of view. We treat each other with respect, and we keep laughing-it ensures that the home is always filled with love."

As Joni Mitchel said, "Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees....please-e-e-ese!" Although Amy was over the top emotionally, having read her journal through and through, she never bashes her child or her partner, Jeff. They may have dirty dishes but they have love and respect for one another.

I'd take THOSE living conditions in a heart beat compared to an incest-loving, sperm-donor seeking, Confederate Drab any day!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I think there needs to be a lot of adjusting on both sides. Amy needs to laugh herself in to that nasty house and clean it up. Her husband needs to get a backbone and tell her that the place is a disgrace. That kid may still be salvageable, who knows. She really needs more guidance than she is obviously getting. The parents seem to be out of their depth where discipline is concerned. A kid that age should have some rules to follow.
    Aletha needs to loosen up and enjoy her family and life more. Her husband seems to be a pretty good guy. His choice of sports may not suit some, but who cares? I really have a problem labeling the relationship between either parent and their children "incestuous". That's a pretty big assumption that I'm not qualified to make. The kids seem like nice kids so maybe someone is doing something right there.
    I feel that both families were shown at their worst in order to make a good show.

LUCYGRL
    [QUOTE=NYGal]. I don’t know how anyone could live in a house that is only cleaned once a year and where animals are allowed to roam.

[Maybe the house is for the dogs and Amy and rastaman sleep in the clean trees

LUCYGRL
    Quote Originally Posted by Nghe
    Here is Amy's extended family that doesn't want to hang out with her and her husband:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/family.html :phhht
    Use caution before opening this site. ...Do not have any liquid or food in your mouth at the time. You will only have to clean your screen afterwards. This is the craziest thing I have seen in a long time. I am going to save this for thoses days I am feeling blue. I could never "not" laugh at this. THANKS! :

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucygrl
    Use caution before opening this site. ...Do not have any liquid or food in your mouth at the time. You will only have to clean your screen afterwards. This is the craziest thing I have seen in a long time. I am going to save this for thoses days I am feeling blue. I could never "not" laugh at this. THANKS! :

kinda makes me think twice about posting my pic online for friends .... for fear of someone doing something with it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I think there needs to be a lot of adjusting on both sides. Amy needs to laugh herself in to that nasty house and clean it up. Her husband needs to get a backbone and tell her that the place is a disgrace. That kid may still be salvageable, who knows. She really needs more guidance than she is obviously getting. The parents seem to be out of their depth where discipline is concerned. A kid that age should have some rules to follow.
    Aletha needs to loosen up and enjoy her family and life more. Her husband seems to be a pretty good guy. His choice of sports may not suit some, but who cares? I really have a problem labeling the relationship between either parent and their children "incestuous". That's a pretty big assumption that I'm not qualified to make. The kids seem like nice kids so maybe someone is doing something right there.
    I feel that both families were shown at their worst in order to make a good show.
    I agree with you Mudah. Amy has some "mental problems" she needs to work on. The lady went totally ballistic over her dogs being put outside .. because they are adopted .. and was more upset over that .. then her own child being mistreated, which was baloney too. That child needed more discipline and it wouldnt hurt her to do some chores. Jeff was so so.. but he needs to do something with that hair. :rolleyes I liked Glenn.. I dont see where he did any wrong, he enjoyed hunting and fishing, which where I am from, is pretty much a hobby that most men do. The poem thing.. from what I was taught in school, a poem didnt have to rhyme. I dont understand the thing with no affection shown btween Glenn and Aletha, but that is btween them and really is nothing to be shown on national television. If they agree with their sleeping arrangements, what is that to any of us. I am not sure about the son sleeping with her and that, so I am like Mudah on that one I dont agree with labeling it "incestious". Just because they are from the south, doesnt mean theres something going on btween the mother and son. Thats far fetched too! Some TV programs give us Hillbillies a bad name, but it is not like that living in the south. Our family trees do fork.

LUCYGRL
    To Canadian Bunny, Off the topic at hand, I have wanted to tell you how much I like the little pink prayer at the bottom of your messages. I made a copy for my Pastors Wife an she really loved it. Clever, very, Clever

Quote Originally Posted by lucygrl
    To Canadian Bunny, Off the topic at hand, I have wanted to tell you how much I like the little pink prayer at the bottom of your messages. I made a copy for my Pastors Wife an she really loved it. Clever, very, Clever
    Glad you enjoyed it

FORT Newbie
    By the way Canadian Bunny, I like your little prayer too. Very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Maiki
    By the way Canadian Bunny, I like your little prayer too. Very funny!
    Thank You! A friend emailed it to me, and I couldnt resist but use it on my sig line

+ Reply to Thread