+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap: Sneak Preview 09/26 @ 10pm ABC

If they are not getting any money then why are the mom's spending their (own?) money buying new pets and dining room tables, etc? They must at least get reimbursed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rikyrah
    The other house was a ZOO. 25 pets?

Ick.
    Okay, 4 pages and no one recognizes the little hopping guy was a wallabee, not a kangaroo.

There are 32 critters at my house. The difference is that they don't all run around like at the Pitts, and my house is clean.

There are five dogs. Four in the house, and one less social guy outside. Two rabbits, one cat, one bearded dragon, one hamster and 22 sugar gliders. I refer to the gliders, rabbits and hamster as the "messy pets" and they all live in cages in the spare bedroom. If I don't tell someone about all the animals, they would have no clue when they come to my house.

The cat is the only one that always has free roam of the house. The dogs have crates, which is where they stay when someone isn't home, and everyone takes turn getting fed, so the others stay in their crates and take turns at meal time. The rabbits also have free time, but it's always supervised playtime. They each have their own cage.

I'm not a neat freak like Caprice, but my home is nothing like Bambi's. I spend a few hours a week cleaning the house, and the worst part with the animals is all the hair they leave behind in the carpet!

Obviously I'm an animal lover, but the thought of living at the Pitts house made my stomach churn!

I personally liked this show better than its Fox counterpart. I don't think there's a cash prize, so I think that makes it even better. These families are trading places so they can see how their life COULD be and if the grass is greener. Hopefully there is something in it for the families other than the satisfaction of knowing they really do like being a part of their own family, but I don't think so. Plus, I like that it's not dragged out over 2 weeks.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenkaya
    Okay, 4 pages and no one recognizes the little hopping guy was a wallabee, not a kangaroo.

There are 32 critters at my house. The difference is that they don't all run around like at the Pitts, and my house is clean.

There are five dogs. Four in the house, and one less social guy outside. Two rabbits, one cat, one bearded dragon, one hamster and 22 sugar gliders. I refer to the gliders, rabbits and hamster as the "messy pets" and they all live in cages in the spare bedroom. If I don't tell someone about all the animals, they would have no clue when they come to my house.

The cat is the only one that always has free roam of the house. The dogs have crates, which is where they stay when someone isn't home, and everyone takes turn getting fed, so the others stay in their crates and take turns at meal time. The rabbits also have free time, but it's always supervised playtime. They each have their own cage.

I'm not a neat freak like Caprice, but my home is nothing like Bambi's. I spend a few hours a week cleaning the house, and the worst part with the animals is all the hair they leave behind in the carpet!

Obviously I'm an animal lover, but the thought of living at the Pitts house made my stomach churn!
    Nothing wrong with loving animals. If Bambi's home was like yours, Caprice wouldn't have had the issues she did. Bambi's home was disgustingly filthy. I couldn't have stayed one night let alone 2 weeks.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Years ago my ex MIL told us she couldn't stay at our house when she came to visit because we had too many animals. Gee when a teenage boy leaves home suddenly you find the $ to feed more animals. We had two cats and two dogs. If I had any inkling that that is all it would take to have her stop coming for a visit I would have filled MY house with 25 including a kangaroo.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

One Step Shy of Sanity Where'smyMidol?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy
    What's with Bambi yelling "I hate you" for Caprice moving the animals to a spa for a couple days? If they are so-called "family members" then why not treat them with respect, and have them in decent living conditions where you can take care of them properly and clean up after them appropriately so the whole house isn't a nasty, germ-infested toxic waste dump? They probably got better care at the spa.
    ITAgree, I thought that was a bit much for her to say that, I mean come on already :rolleyes
    Thank God for TiVo....

"It's Nothing Personal. It's just business..." - Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant
    If I had any inkling that that is all it would take to have her stop coming for a visit I would have filled MY house with 25 including a kangaroo.
    right on!!!!! Oh, "wallabe" not a "kangaroo" :phhht

It's kind of surprising that Caprice is getting so much support here. Her control-freak meter goes to 11. She's Nurse Ratchet, Doug Neidermeyer and Mommie Dearest combined. I'd call her a clean nut, but I don't to insult nuts.
    I exaggerate of course, but the woman does seem to be wound a bit tight, don't you think?
    Bambi's lifestyle, however, wouldn't be any more tolerable, so she's not getting my vote either.
    But I do like this show better than the Fox version. In that one the double episodes feel drawn out and the $50,000 "twist" seems like an unnecessary contrivance.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I'm not good with names, so I'll have to refer to them as "neat mom" and "messy mom", OK?

I totally loved this show. It sucked me right in. I would be terrified to live in either of those households.

For the majority of the show, I was liking messy mom and hating neat mom, but that completely changed in the last act. Neat mom really seemed to loosen up. It's great that she kept the cat and now allows her kids to have sleepovers. And I was proud of neat dad for getting up on stage and playing guitar.

But messy mom's "I hate you" comment was so uncalled for. :nono Another woman spends a week of her life scrubbing dog crap off your walls and the best you can come up with is I hate you? :phhht Good luck getting your kids to ever hold down a steady job with the lack of structure you've provided.

I'll be tuning in next week.

ETA: On Wednesday, "The View" has two of the Wife Swap moms scheduled. I'm not sure if it's these two, or two from a future episode.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    While I currently have no pets, I grew up in the country and had several dogs, a cat, rabbits, horses, assorted parrots, parakeets, finches, rodents, lizards and both Fressh and Salt Water aquariums. Yet my parents didn't allow more pets than I was capable of caring for correctly. That isn't the Pitts case. Their so called family members are more than they can handle. Just feeding and cleaning up after them isn't enough for a healthy pet. While I'm not a vet, their bird didn't seem healthy. I've seen molting, and that didn't look like it to me, that looked like stress related feather pulling. I'd be surprised if there wasn't other things wrong with their "family members".
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread