+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap: Sneak Preview 09/26 @ 10pm ABC

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by PebblesMom
    tmloomis---The women were neighbors and their pets. Caprice walks with one of those women and her dog all the time (even before the show). She told me what volunteering she did but I've forgotten--it was taped a while ago. Caprice did a great deal of the scrubbing and cleaning but did get help. She had a feeling she would be going some place messy since that would be her opposite so she packed clothes she could work and scrub in. She is definately not afraid of hard work. The producers also made sure the room she stayed in was cleaned before she got there.

Thanks for the information. I give Caprice credit for living in this home. I'm not a compulsive cleaner, but I like things dusted and clean, and I couldn't have lived in this home for a day. Twenty-five animals running around in a home is too much for any family. If you read most of the messages, most response see Caprice in a more positive light.

Two things:

1. What is the payout on this show? What makes people sign up to this?

2. No one has mentioned about Don yet. IMO, he is freaky as well. Not getting the right kind of bagel in the morning would be stressful to him?? Pleaseeeeeee ...
    Also why make Bambi drinking her coffee/juice thru a straw also?
    She doesn't get her teeth bleached or doesn't even care???

Nghe

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nghe
    Two things:

1. What is the payout on this show? What makes people sign up to this?

2. No one has mentioned about Don yet. IMO, he is freaky as well. Not getting the right kind of bagel in the morning would be stressful to him?? Pleaseeeeeee ...
    Also why make Bambi drinking her coffee/juice thru a straw also?
    She doesn't get her teeth bleached or doesn't even care???

Nghe

I wonder if they were paid for this show also. At the very least, Bambi had her house clean top to bottom, but left her vulnerable to the outside world viewing a home that has health hazards.

The first week they were to follow the other mom's routine which include setting the table as such and drinking from the straws. I'm sure the second week things changed. Bambi had to do what Caprice did the first week which included drinking from a straw. My younger kids would have loved this.
    I would ask a dentist before doing this, but you got to admit, Don's teeth were shinny white. My guess you would have to restrain from coffee all together to prevent teeth getting stained. Drink water which is better for you anyways.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    What's with Bambi yelling "I hate you" for Caprice moving the animals to a spa for a couple days? If they are so-called "family members" then why not treat them with respect, and have them in decent living conditions where you can take care of them properly and clean up after them appropriately so the whole house isn't a nasty, germ-infested toxic waste dump? They probably got better care at the spa.

I had a discussion with someone at work about this show. He actually preferred Bambi's household because it was a happy one. He didn't think Caprice's family was happy. He could put up with the mess for happiness.

I personally would have puked walking into Bambi's home. Plus, her children had absolutely no discipline.

Granted, both families were most probably highly edited and my views are based off of what the producers were showing as a slice of these peoples lives. The truth may be a different story.
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

Thanks, Pebblesmom for the inside scoop! At least we now know that Bambi volunteers versus sitting on her duff all day long. That helps redeem her a tad bit in my eyes, but I personally favor Caprice. Sure, she's a perfectionist (so am I so I can't fault her for that) but she handled the switch the best and was more open to making positive changes in her life. Bambi learned zilch from this experience.

I couldn't believe that she would take that many pets away, but the fact that it was temporary and to a pet SPA, I think the pets got the better end of the deal. Who would want to live in that house? And for Bambi to react the way she did when finding this out was crazy. The pets got a breather for a couple of days and she can go and get them whenever she wants - there is no issue there and no reason to scream "I hate you." We now see where her son gets his "manners."

Anyway, it's great that Caprice took this little experiment to heart and learned to loosen up a little and accept Nugget in their home. She and her family really seemed to benefit from this, and I'm happy for them. Bambi, on the other hand, is way too immature to learn anything and instead shunned all of Caprice's work. That's unfortunate.

PebblesMom! Thanks for posting that info. I was wondering how it was even possible to clean that place in three days...was the two-year-old in daycare?

I'm an animal lover so I had the opposite reaction of leeinsmyrna - I had to keep watching to make sure the animals weren't just sent to the pound. I can see the point she was making to try to show her what the house was like without all the animals, but you can bet that someone with over 25 pets will not see them as expendable.

I think what surprised me the most about this show is how far they went to set up the drama compared to the FOX version of the show. They didn't just go for the neat freak versus the slob, they had to find the two most opposite women in America so that there would be more drama. On the one hand they found someone who cleans obsessively for five hours a day; does not allow noise in the house, even though her husband is a musician; has lists for everything and every minute of the day. Sure, team them up with someone who has packs of animals crapping all over her hallway, and yet it doesn't bug her; lets her kids have ten friends over for a sleepover; lets the two-year-old go to sleep whenever she wants; says she never ever does housework.

They even advertised in their teaser that there's "more drama." (Than what? Obviously Trading Spouses but they don't say it.) It makes Trading Spouses seem so understated in comparison. I think what FOX did was sneaky and underhanded, but I was pretty much turned off by Wife Swap.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I think what surprised me the most about this show is how far they went to set up the drama compared to the FOX version of the show. They didn't just go for the neat freak versus the slob, they had to find the two most opposite women in America so that there would be more drama. On the one hand they found someone who cleans obsessively for five hours a day; does not allow noise in the house, even though her husband is a musician; has lists for everything and every minute of the day. Sure, team them up with someone who has packs of animals crapping all over her hallway, and yet it doesn't bug her; lets her kids have ten friends over for a sleepover; lets the two-year-old go to sleep whenever she wants; says she never ever does housework.

They even advertised in their teaser that there's "more drama." (Than what? Obviously Trading Spouses but they don't say it.) It makes Trading Spouses seem so understated in comparison. I think what FOX did was sneaky and underhanded, but I was pretty much turned off by Wife Swap.
    I have to agree with you Hep......this seemed way over the top to me. There were some redeeming qualities at the end in seeing how Caprice's house became more of a home, but I just can't imagine for the life of me, why either family would want to go on tv and bare their disfunctional souls like that. Are they paid?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

They must be getting something for appearing, but ABC isn't making it part of the show like TS did. I doubt it's $50K, don't you?

If I were Bambi I'd be worried about Child Protective Services giving me a call.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Yes, I would think if it were $50,000 tptb would be advertising it. And once again, I agree with you regarding Bambi. Her place was simply disgusting. It's one thing to be cluttered, but having a two-year-old running around with animal poop and urine all over the floor is unbelievable. I don't even know how she could rationalize that to herself.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread