+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap: Sneak Preview 09/26 @ 10pm ABC

I thought it was too funny when Mr. Pitts said "She's too busy" in regards to why the house was so filthy. Busy????? Doing what? Popping her kids with towels and jumping on the bed like a 6 year old? Bambi's right - you should have fun with your kids. But there's got to be a line drawn somewhere or chaos ensues (as was apparent).

And that running around outside at 6 a.m.......... I can't beleive a neighbor hasn't complained about at LEAST that. Or the deplorable condition of their house. Or the fact that they have more animals than some petting zoos.

I bet someone from some government welfare/CPS had to have seen this episode and is filling out paperwork as we speak. Hell, if I'd have been Caprice I may have called them myself!!!! How those kids aren't full of lice and disease is beyond me...... And how Caprice's sons turned out so remarkably normal is a shrugger.......

FORT Newbie
    I bet someone from some government welfare/CPS had to have seen this episode and is filling out paperwork as we speak. Hell, if I'd have been Caprice I may have called them myself!!!! How those kids aren't full of lice and disease is beyond me...... And how Caprice's sons turned out so remarkably normal is a shrugger.......[/QUOTE]

It was amazing that Caprice's sons didn't revolt being in a strict household.
    Lucky for them, Caprice seem to change, but I imagine she is cleaning as we speak.

I tend to agree that Bambi's house could easily be investigated by CPS or the health department. Twenty-five pets returned and it was obvious Bambi wasn't going to clean up after them...or change. Potential illness from the animals was everywhere and if I had a choice where to eat my next meal, Caprice's obsessive cleaning would be my first choice. Sorry, eating in house that smells like pet droppings is not appetizing.

I don't think I clean for 5 hours a WEEK much less a DAY!!! But I'm with you, I'd much rather eat my food surrounded by the smell of Mr. Clean any day!

Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    I've never known any animal hater who was capable of warmth or compassion toward anyone else. Furthermore, that bitch obviously doesn't know that a move like that can be physically harmful to some of those pets. Birds and cats, especially, are so sensitive about changes in their environments that they can become physically ill. That alone is reason enough to hate her. Stupid, stupid, stupid, controlling bitch.

I can only hope that having that beautiful orange tabby in her home will show her how joyful it can be, to be loved unconditionally by another living being. But if I were Ian, I'd take that kitten with me wherever possible.
    Come on, that's unfair. My mother is not a "pet person" in that she hates getting hair all over the carpetting, etc. Nevertheless, she doesn't "hate animals".. she merely prefers not to live with them in close quarters. What is wrong with that? There are plenty of reasons why someone may choose not to have pets... the least plausible of which is not he or she is not capable of "warmth or compassion toward anyone else."

Yes, I agree that Caprice is controlling and her manner can be off-putting. But the end result proved her to be the more open-minded of the two moms.

FORT Newbie
    Caprice is our neighbor. She said this was a life changing experience for her. Don has said they have made positive changes in their lives. She had a feeling she was going to be portrayed a certain way but she still has only good things to say about what she learned from this experience. Their family was picked while on vacation at Disney because when they were walking by they were smiling and happy. They were happy before but it's even better now.

She said that Bambi volunteers quite a bit, which she did the first week (she is also doing this in her life now). Bambi's husband does most of the work at the house and was thrilled and shocked to have dinner waiting for him when he got home from work. He even lost 7 pounds the second week because they weren't eating take out and she made him to start to power walk. The animals were sent to a pet spa and returned when Bambi did. The producers paid for and facilitated it. She and a cleaning crew scrubbed that house, it was a great deal of work. She loves the cat and Nugget is part of their family. Bambi has not spoken to her since their meeting. Their segment was on Oprah after show(I didn't see it because we don't get Oxygen) and I'm not sure that Bambi participated.

Watching the show, I thought Caprice was very direct, which can be harsh but we didn't get to hear all the comments only the ones the producers want us to hear to make the story. She is NOT a mean spirited person.

They are wonderful neighbors and friends and are grateful to have learned so much from this experience.

the Fox "rip" is a much more entertaining show imo

but Fox messed up because it seems that they had to tape prior to the show airing because of the $50k twist

unless they change the twist for future episodes

btw, what do the families that participate on wife swap get for their time? how much cash?

FORT Newbie

She said that Bambi volunteers quite a bit, which she did the first week (she is also doing this in her life now). Bambi's husband does most of the work at the house and was thrilled and shocked to have dinner waiting for him when he got home from work. He even lost 7 pounds the second week because they weren't eating take out and she made him to start to power walk. The animals were sent to a pet spa and returned when Bambi did. The producers paid for and facilitated it. She and a cleaning crew scrubbed that house, it was a great deal of work. She loves the cat and Nugget is part of their family. Bambi has not spoken to her since their meeting. Their segment was on Oprah after show(I didn't see it because we don't get Oxygen) and I'm not sure that Bambi participated.

Watching the show, I thought Caprice was very direct, which can be harsh but we didn't get to hear all the comments only the ones the producers want us to hear to make the story. She is NOT a mean spirited person.

They are wonderful neighbors and friends and are grateful to have learned so much from this experience.[/QUOTE]

Who were the women with the pets that came to Caprice's house during Bambi's stay? What type of volunteering did she do and how much was it done on a daily basis?

I didn't think Caprice was that bad. Bambi needed to hear she wasn't doing enough in her house and you didn't hear Bambi say her house wasn't dirty, only that it was a home. As you can read, a couple of us felt Bambi's family could be found to have real problems with government agencies due to the number of pets in this household running around. Bambi didn't get it since she was on the same level of maturity as her teen sons and was their buddy not a parent.

I wondered how Caprice clean that house and a cleaning crew was necessary. I couldn't have done what Caprice did by wiping up animal feces or scrubbing walls that had feces on it as well. We don't have pets which would create this issue.

FORT Newbie

a apology

I feel the Bambi should apologize to Caprice.the "I hate you" was uncalled for. Its not like the animals were harmed in ANY way and they were getting them back. I hope and feel that Bambi sends a note down to Pittsburgh, apologizing for her white trash bahavior. She should also thank Caprice for cleaning her pig sty, I mean house!! I was so glad to see that Caprice kept the cat, and loosened up a little with the family. Her husband seemed genuinely happy to be playing his guitar..kudos!!

I'm glad they've made some changes, and I hope they watched the show together last night. Caprice's family was definitely the more "normal" of the two, but still disfunctional in a Stepford sort of way. I think Don was a little scary, honestly. Maybe he and Mr. Pitts should trade next time!

FORT Newbie
    tmloomis---The women were neighbors and their pets. Caprice walks with one of those women and her dog all the time (even before the show). She told me what volunteering she did but I've forgotten--it was taped a while ago. Caprice did a great deal of the scrubbing and cleaning but did get help. She had a feeling she would be going some place messy since that would be her opposite so she packed clothes she could work and scrub in. She is definately not afraid of hard work. The producers also made sure the room she stayed in was cleaned before she got there.

+ Reply to Thread