+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap: Sneak Preview 09/26 @ 10pm ABC

I liked this show, I thought it would be dumb at first, but it really drew me in. I think Caprice received the most benefit from the swap, she learned how to chill out a bit and got a cute little cat. Her husband and sons looked happier, too. Bambi on the other hand was too smug and thought she was so much better, when she wasn't really. Just different and needing a lot of changes too, but unwilling to see it. You do need a cleaner house and you do need to be more strict. I am also curious if she had a job outside the home, that would make the fact that she does nothing at home more understandable.

I have a question though, do they get any monetary compensation for going through this? What is the motivation for the families to agree to the strict rules?
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly
    why does this freak hate animals??? Scares me......
    I've never known any animal hater who was capable of warmth or compassion toward anyone else. Furthermore, that bitch obviously doesn't know that a move like that can be physically harmful to some of those pets. Birds and cats, especially, are so sensitive about changes in their environments that they can become physically ill. That alone is reason enough to hate her. Stupid, stupid, stupid, controlling bitch.

I can only hope that having that beautiful orange tabby in her home will show her how joyful it can be, to be loved unconditionally by another living being. But if I were Ian, I'd take that kitten with me wherever possible.

any way the wind blows redmermaid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    I've never known any animal hater who was capable of warmth or compassion toward anyone else. Furthermore, that bitch obviously doesn't know that a move like that can be physically harmful to some of those pets. Birds and cats, especially, are so sensitive about changes in their environments that they can become physically ill. That alone is reason enough to hate her. Stupid, stupid, stupid, controlling bitch.

I can only hope that having that beautiful orange tabby in her home will show her how joyful it can be, to be loved unconditionally by another living being. But if I were Ian, I'd take that kitten with me wherever possible.

I highly doubt the producers of the show would allow the animals to be traumatized. There are plenty of pets who go to loving care when their owners are away and are fine. A few days removed from the pandemonium is not likely to hurt any of them.

Sure, Caprice was controlling, but she proved to be the more open minded and mature.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    Caprice learned that she didn't have to be so rigid. Her children had discipline and respected their parents as parents. Just my take on it.
    I agree. When I was growing up, my mother told me "I'm not your friend, I'm your mother." Now as an adult my mother and I are best friends, but I needed a mother growing up and that's what I got. And I still respect that even now. When the one kid talked to the dad saying that he should have been consulted, I couldn't believe it. Consulted on what? I'm glad the dad stood up to him, and let him know who the parent was.

Those kids have no structure, and the house was filthy. I don't care about mess and clutter, but when you have dried animal feces laying around your house and you don't see a problem with it, you have a serious problem. That's just nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by redmermaid
    Sure, Caprice was controlling, but she proved to be the more open minded and mature.
    It seems she wasn't as rigid and opposed to change as the other mom. I was glad to see that she adopted some of the new additions that the other mom started. Too bad the other mom couldn't do the same.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I just can't believe there's so many screwed up families that have no idea they're screwed up. Guess they aren't screwed up to themselves, though. On one hand we have a family who is so anal and zombie-like that there is not a speck of dirt or sound to be heard in the entire house. On the other hand, we have a family of slobs who set no guidelines for even a2 year old for goodness sake!!! And, who leaves poop lying around freely? Eww!

I though Caprice was a little out of bounds sometimes, but it was her perogative to make changes as she saw fit. I thought Bambi did a good job of bringing the other family out of their sheltered, well-organized shells, but she was entirely closed-minded to the changes in her house. Geez, I'd be overjoyed if someone came and cleaned my house top to bottom! And bought me a table. I was glad to see that at least the dad was starting to behave more like a dad. Kids may think they want their parents to be their friends, but they really need the structure and discipline more than anything. I was floored that the 2 year old had no bedtime and no obvious good eating habits. UGH!

Caprice shouldn't have just started in with her "your house was the filthiest......" No wonder Bambi shut down! Even if it WAS pretty gross.

FORT Newbie

Unsafe Home

In reality, I hope that if Bambi doesn't change, a county agency becomes involved. Having a home where twenty five animals roam free and there is waste products from them left behind is not a healthy environment to raise children. Bambi did't appear to work outside the home and even if she did, this was no excuse to not keep a household clean from animal waste products. Having a two year old walking around where there is feces on the wall is a form of abuse. Keeping the kids clean and feed, even though her husband did this, is not enough. A visit from child protection or the health department might change Bambi's mind or perhaps she would just hate them too.

I have teenagers and they would be embarrassed to have friends over with a house this dirty and as a parent I wouldn't want them sleeping over in a filthy house like this. It is a matter of being in a safe environment and a kangaroo or prairie dog hopping through the kitchen is nuts.

FORT Newbie
    [ anything. I was floored that the 2 year old had no bedtime and no obvious good eating habits. UGH!

Caprice shouldn't have just started in with her "your house was the filthiest......" No wonder Bambi shut down! Even if it WAS pretty gross.[/QUOTE]

Even if Bambi was given this news in a soften manner, she was going to justify her way of life since she didn't want to change. Too bad for her two year old who has to live in a home that has animal feces on the floor and wall.
    I hold her husband accountable too. He is an adult and should make standards of safety in the home. There is no reasons why the teenagers couldn't help out in cleaning also.

I started watching the show, then I had to change channels. When they were previewing what was coming up, and Caprice said, "we're cutting the number of animals" I couldn't bear to watch anymore. Even though I totally disagree with letting 25 animals roam the house and poop everywhere...I thought, "This is just NOT right". I was really upset! They need to seriously work on training the animals to not go in the house. And having a kangaroo (or whatever that thing was..) My god, what was that family thinking?

Soooooo.....I missed the ending. I take it from the posts here, that she only got rid of the animals for a few days, got them a new kitchen table and even let her own boys get a baby kitty. Am I right?
    kitty-cats rule!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    I started watching the show, then I had to change channels. When they were previewing what was coming up, and Caprice said, "we're cutting the number of animals" I couldn't bear to watch anymore. Even though I totally disagree with letting 25 animals roam the house and poop everywhere...I thought, "This is just NOT right". I was really upset! They need to seriously work on training the animals to not go in the house. And having a kangaroo (or whatever that thing was..) My god, what was that family thinking?

Soooooo.....I missed the ending. I take it from the posts here, that she only got rid of the animals for a few days, got them a new kitchen table and even let her own boys get a baby kitty. Am I right?

Caprice benefited the most with friends of her children at her home and keeping the kitty that she learn to like. You could see at the couple meeting Caprice saying to her husband that she needed to loosen up.

Bambi defend her home and animals and didn't see her home as being dirty. As long as the kids were clean and feed (which was done by her husband) it was fine. She was quite offended by Caprice telling her that the house was filthy. The truth hurts. She criticized the kitchen table and there wasn't much change with twenty five pets returning in a short period of time.

I was amazed that Bambi's husband didn't interject and say you know, things are better with eating dinner together, more structure with the kids and me not doing everything....oh and the house doesn't smell like dog poop.

FORT Fan
    I was soooo prepared to hate Caprice, but what a great thing she did taking Bambi's changes to heart. That entire family opened up and became looser and happier.

Bambi needs to grow up. She's got a husband who works two jobs then comes home and does the cooking? Sweet deal! I want that.

Animals are great, but running loose around the house and pooping behind the furniture? Call the health department!

+ Reply to Thread