+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Finale Discussion 3/5/05

Kimberly is agood fit to what I like to call "Traditional American" style. She is more average and mainstream than Mitch. Mitch I think would have, talentwise and being original, deserved to win more, but his taste propably would be too minimalist and modern, not the average person's taste in United States. Just a walk through your average furniture store will tell which one represents the majority taste, that is definately Kimberly. So that in mind they chose the right person. If they wanted to have a new stylemaker with fresh ideas and potential to change things, they chose wrong. Kimberly's magazine cover would blend in nicely with what is already there and be forgotten. Mitch's would grab attention as something different, and if he could live up to the expectations it might even have a future of some sort. Kimberly, well, she is a nice person and all that, but she is more of a puppet in my eyes, just doing what everyone else tells her to do.

And yes, Martha is out, this show ended barely in time
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I finally watched it last night - had other, more fun things to do Sat. night. One thing I noticed is that when Bobby listed the characteristics he thought important, "creativity" was not one of them. Things like "teachable" were. Mitch was creative, moreso than Kimberly but she is more teachable than him (after all he knows it all and has told us so from the beginning of this show).

I checked out a project on The Early Show's website today - from Kimberly. My 9 year old daughter could have done something more creative than *that*!

I'm looking forward to Martha's show.

Looks like I picked the right weekend to be away from home. What a freakin' trainwreck. How in heaven's name did you people keep this thread going for 17 pages?

I'm so glad it's over. I actually had to force myself to watch the last couple episodes. For some reason I feel obliged to finish a series once I've started watching it.

I don't much care if Kimberly gets her own show or not - I sure as hell won't be watching it. Or a Wickedly Perfect 2 if there is one.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I'm here, CupidGuest, 'cause I'm the biggest losah east of the Mississippi. I used to be the biggest losah WEST of the Mississippi but then I moved back to Boston.
    :nono you are not a losah Pomeraniac. :nono Do you think that Martha Stewart's show will be something like Wickedly Perfect? I tell you, they had a good show till they bought them back again and Kimberly "won".

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Looks like I picked the right weekend to be away from home. What a freakin' trainwreck. How in heaven's name did you people keep this thread going for 17 pages?
    There was a lot of rage to get out, Qboots.

Those filthy beasts at CBS should be dragged out of their offices and flogged for this show.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    There was a lot of rage to get out, Qboots.

Those filthy beasts at CBS should be dragged out of their offices and flogged for this show.

Tell me where, Tell me when, and I will join you. I personally would to give at least 20 strokes to each and every CBS idiot responsible for this fiasco.

Then I want a go at Kimberly the Stylemaker. Then Ms. Kim can write an article in her magazine about what makeup is the best to wear with bloody stripes down her back.

I can't believe Kimberly won! She was the one with the least talent, and she was b*tchy, too. Good thing I gave up watching after a few episodes. You could tell the good ones were being voted out early.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Its a hard co-incidence for the producers to explain when they bring her back and then pick her.....everyone else appeared to fail there screen test...ie they actually talked about what they are doing....we can't have that on main stream tv....thats what cable is for....

To CBS:

:deadhorse

Sincerely, Fellow Fans of Reality TV who are NOT stupid! We saw past the "Kimberly you were so great during the screen test! Your eyes sparkled!!" :phhht

MRD
    Just talked to a friend with a little tv experience. She says that just because the winner is going to "develop" a show with King World, doesn't guarantee that King World will sell that show and it will go into production. She says that producers like King World and dozens and dozens of others, develop and shoot pilots for hundreds of tv shows each year. They then shop those around to the Broadcast and Cable networks. If the show is liked and bought, then it goes into production. So just because Kimberly got a tv deal, doesn't mean she will have a show. She may only shoot the pilot and then it may never get bought. Depends how much KW pushes it too. If they think its a stinker, they may not send out tapes of it to the networks and cable companies.

+ Reply to Thread