+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Finale Discussion 3/5/05

I am still upset about the way this show ended. I really don't mind a show were the competiton is based on a person's skill set. A person wins because they earned it, even if I don't like them, I can still respect them and the skills they have.

Not in the case of WP. If the damned screen test was so important they should have had it the first week and saved us the trouble of watching this train wreck.

Kimberly consistently showed up at the bottom of her group. Oh, yes she did the headboard. But really, what else?? And to bring her back after she was eliminated. That's a very sour taste in my mouth. What is really hysterical is that the TV guide lists the finale of WP for next Saturday. I guess CBS didn't bother telling anyone they were changing the programing last night.

I don't know why I was surprised by the ending of the show afterall, this was a "stylemaker" show without style makers. Darlene was the best, but we all know people who are more talented than Darlene. the producers did go after personality and not quality of talent....and they used judges who didn't have a clue of what it takes to be a decorator/stylemaker.
    And because the judges lacked knowledge or experience in the decorating/craft field, the judges critiques and selections with projects kept from drawing attention to the contestants inabilities.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

It seemed that Kimberly who is a talentless housewife with a bad attitude, was declared the winner solely based on having what two judges felt was the most attractive and polished look on camera. They seemed to be looking for the closest person in appearance to Martha Stewart.

I thought all the on camera presentations were horrible for finalists. If it was a preliminary qualifying round for the series, I would have eliminated all the contestants picked as finalists.

Apparently, the theory that this series would be better with the judges selecting individual winners was very wrong.

I am not a Mitch fan but I thought he should have been the winner over Kimberly. I liked everything about his party much better and thought that it was far superior. He also was a much more gracious host serving guests while Kimberly just stood in one place and didn't even bother to sample the food or interact with the servers. The guests should have been allowed to rate each party.
    Last edited by sugarlady; 03-07-2005 at 01:29 AM.

First, glad Kimberly won. She's a pleasure to watch, wheras Mitch is pompous, annoying, more catty than any woman I've ever known, and the strange fake smile is just plain wierd.

Smarmy Mitch and bland Kimberley, I wouldn't watch either one. I'm surprised so many people watched this, I loss interest after Mychael was eliminated.

Thank God Mitch did not win. I see alot of Kimberley bashing going on here, but I have to say is that she held her own.

Mitch lost this competition the minute he berated Patricia Field for calling him mask ugly. He would have never gotten Candace Bushnell's vote..just for that.

Mitch, IMO was just not a likeable person. He told Patricia field that she shouldn't have said bad things about him, but Mitch never shut his mouth about everybody else in the house!

Congrats to Kimberley!!

FORT Newbie
    you're welcome (and thank you,) rt1ky! I am slowly getting over the nausea phase of all of this. It is really scary to think that I was so close to being a part of all of this. I never push fate, and did not in this case, thank God! Just glad to be in my sleepy town, unscathed, and not a subject of topic on this website! lol

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kcfemmefatale
    I also learned that I should trust my instinct about shows after an episode or two. Instead of hanging in and watching all of the episodes of a poorly-done series in hopes that it will get better at some point, I should jump ship as it sinks further and further into muck. I am mad at myself for wasting hours of my life watching this show. Ugh.
    That's the one thing I did right... After stating my rants in another thread, I decided to quit wasting my time watching the show and from reading these posts, especitally the one above, I made a wise decision. How did Kimberly win anyway? I thought she was eliminated awhile ago? Mitch may have been talented, but he was too pompous to watch. Remember when he was practically crying because one of the judges said his mask was ugly. Whatever show they host, no one will watch and it will be canceled after a few weeks anyway...

This show was all about casting and execution and the producers failed miserably on both counts. Bring on Martha's Apprentice!!

FORT Fan
    [QUOTE]Her magazine cover, though, did look like a clone of a Martha Stewart Living magazine. [QUOTE]

Word!

And they were supposed to be looking for the next stylemaker? Martha's out of jail now, we don't need Kimberly.

Hannah's Questions and Comments

Did anyone notice how Hannah's questioning and interaction with the contestants on their screen test affected the judges? If Hannah was excited about the demonstration, she asked questions enthusiastically and how she didn't ask Mitch questions that were as positive as the others. I noticed that immediately and thought oh Mitch is in trouble.

I am sure Hannah didn't realize she did this.......and the judges certainly didn't discern the differences.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread