+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Finale Discussion 3/5/05

Mitch could have used more levels of different heights in his room....would have made the room more inviting without sacrificing the contemporary style. Everything was fairly rectilinear and low.

I thought Mitch's titles on his magazine were much more interesting than Kimberly's. He had articles on antiques, cooking and color. Kimberly had something like: How to Simplify Your Home...no bait.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

YAY! I'm relieved now; justice exists.

Wonder if they will ever replay this series?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Kimberly is criminal

This finale reminded me of the OJ trial. In the criminal trial they made it about something other than did he do it (the police), and the jury did not get all the information (he was found guilty in the civil trial that had more info).

In this case the judges seemed to be missing some key information. Such as -- Kimberly's centerpiece may have looked good, but she picked it out of a catalog. Mitch's design came from his own head. Kimberly's cocktail may have been good, but she picked it out of a catalog. Mitch created his signature cocktail.

All Kimberly did was sit around and get her hair and makeup done. It goes to show the path of least resistance can lead to undeserved success. Kimberly had no creativity or true vision (even though she kept blowing smoke by saying the word "vision.") But somehow the judgement veered away from the fact that she is totally unworthy to some other criteria, which is what brought the OJ trial to mind.

We were also extremely irritated by the numerous errors Kimberly made in her speech. Every time she opened her mouth she misused words in common cliches, making her sound like a complete idiot. Well, maybe that is just what they are looking for to appeal to the "red states," since mangling the language and sounding like an idiot will remind the audience of their president. Not that Mitch is a genius, just compared to Kimberly.

FORT Fan
    I'm disgusted Kimberly won. I couldn't stand Mitch, but I'd take him anyday over Kimberly. This show wound up being very disappointing, and I won't waste time if another season is given to this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Urkin
    Wickedly Perfect fan? Is there really such a thing? I thought we were all just really bored.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by almisa
    Did anyone happen to notice that Kimberly was OUT and then, mysteriously, by acclimation she was IN? And then, without missing a beat (or tasting an hors d'oeuvre) she was the WINNER? Do I smell a FIX?????? Yes, she is pretty in that bland tv-presenter way, but what does she do besides ribbon flowers (which the judges hated on several occasions)? Mitch had it over all his competitors from Day One. With Martha Stewart back on the scene, it is folly to try to cram another female domestic diva down our throats. Mitch is something different, a Colin Cowrie for the masses, if you will. I will not bother to follow this Wickedly Perfect folly any further, but will happily look for whatever we hear of from Mitch in future.

I thought it was fixed as well. There was absolutely no need to dream up this losers gets back in the game with the best topiary scheme. Once the show came up with that scam, I felt they wanted Kimberley to win the game.

Think back a couple episodes....Mitch eliminates Kimberley. When he did that, I got the feeling the judges weren't thrilled with his decision. Then all of a sudden, on the very next episode, all the "losers" are back to help create the park landscape AND one of them, on the winning team, gets back in the game with the best topiary.

Once I heard the deal, I thought they would go with Kim. Bingo... Kimberley gets back in with her derby hat topiary. I didn't think her design was as great as the judges were letting on. Thats when I thought the game was fixed.

Additionally, the judges went on about Kimberley's screen test, yet as far as I could see, neither Kim or Hannah really finished making that fake flower. All of a sudden Kim brings out a finished box that is decorated with already made flowers. Yet the judges thought she was outstanding. She had NO critical comments. OH come on...from Evangelista??? That freak always has something nasty to say. I have TIVO, I played back her screen test, it HAD to be heavily edited. Her screen test was one of the quickest. I would love to see the unedited version.

Hydrangeas

I forgot to mention -- did nayone else think Kimberly's use of hydrangeas in her magazine cover and floral arrangements was a sarcastic move since Mitch had criticized the fake flowers in her first project? Or is that just my imagination, because she hasn't got any (imagination)? Lol

Another word on the drinks. I could have barfed when she said, "Champagne is my signature cocktail." (Another mis-speech, btw, because champagne is not a cocktail.) How trite is that? But why should I expect a sorority girl to show any individuality? No wonder Candace liked her; she is just the same.
    And then Kimberly let the judges assume, wrongly, that she had created the spin on champagne that was served, when really all she did was listen to her event planner.

I wish Mitch had gone with upscale hot chocolate. Not only would that be an actual cutting edge beverage (trust me), but a strong lingering aftertaste would have ruined people's palates for Kimberly's cocktail (she ruined the food all on her own).
    Last edited by Harvest; 03-06-2005 at 02:25 AM.

FORT Newbie
    I think if this show had watchers it was because in most of the Midwest and East--we had crappy weather and what do you do when you have 29 inches of snow on the ground ???( mid Michigan).
    That said, Kim was the worst and did not deserve to come back with her ribbon flowers and the only person who should have won was Darlene.
    The elimations should have only been done by judges and never let all the "survivor" backstabbing/friendship stuff involved.

There are so many great points you are all making on this board tonight! I am impressed with some ideas that someone here had for Mitch's party. Let me check...oh! It was gracie727, a few post above. Great idea about the hats! Also, I just am not surprised that Kimberly won...the show is fixed. I mean why bring Kimberly back and boot Darlene?!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Wickedly Perfect fan? Is there really such a thing? I thought we were all just really bored.
    The smilie link is so cute and you'll see us at Martha Stewart's reality domestic diva show. That is what she is thinking of doing right??

+ Reply to Thread