+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Finale Discussion 3/5/05

FORT Fogey
    I'm still watching the second hour -- but I can see Mitch blowing this. He should have come out as his most outrageous. He could have been "Carlo Miranda" (kinda like Carmen Miranda) in a Spanish flamenco style mens outfit with fruit piled on his head. He could have decorated in all bright colors and blasted the room with color (knowing Kimberly would do something sedate). Near the front door, he should have placed multiple hat racks with mutliple funky styled hats (one for each guest, they can be cheap just as long as they are all different styles -- top hats, ladies hats, safari hats, Super Fly hats, etc.) Every guest has to pick a hat to wear. Food? Eh, tastes good but not that important when you have a themed "fun" party. The drinks could have been all types of fruit flavored drinks.

Even worse for Kimberly -- every person wandering around with a funky hat would have picked the hat up on Mitch's side... ;-)

Mitch, who has always been known for style over substance, should have really laid on the style heavy this time! He blew it! The average homemaker might not pick up all the tips (like dressing like Carmen Miranda) but they would like the hat idea and be tempted to pick it up for their next party. (If you have never been to a hat party, they are incredibly fun!)

Anyway, this was Mitch's to blow and he blew it.

Kimberly is really boring.

Let's face it -- this show was supposed to pick a stylemaker. Mitch really could be a stylemaker, but he has to "flame" a little more!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer
    Luv2Scrapbook Thanks to CBS for reminding me once again that on TV, it's more important to have the right look than the right knowledge.
    This is why Dawn & Heather had no chance in Hades of winning. Dawn seemed nice but she had a voice that sounded like nails scratching on a blackboard. Heather looked *really* bad for someone on TV. Heather looked really bad and I can't begin to tell you all the reasons why -- she just looked awful. The clothes, the hairdo, even the way she stood...

Quote Originally Posted by Urkin
    I can't believe Kimberley won.

I did love her magazine cover though, but Mitch truly deserved to win.

I can just imagine what the weekly promos for her show would include....

Monday....Kimberley shows you how to make ribbon flowers.

Tuesday....Kimberley shows you how to attach ribbon flowers to things.

Wednesday...Kimberley shows you how to add beads to ribbon flowers.

Thursday...Kimberley shows you how to make a bouquet out of ribbon flowers.

and don't miss Friday's exciting episode.....Kimberley creates a really blah looking wooden frame and decorates it with ribbon flowers.

I still think that Mitch and Darlene would have made a very interesting duo as co-hosts of their own show.

Good one!!! Seems like that the only thing Kimberly knows how to do are ribbon flowers! You don't become the great style maker by designing just ribbon flowers. I can tell you now her show won't make it on the air waves for even 1 month!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I am just totally disappointed with the show in general. Not only am I disappointed in the choice for the winner, I am disappointed in how the judges made their decision. No where was there a mention of each player as a whole. Simply a decision based on one party.
    I definitely see no season 2 of Wickedly Perfect in CBS' future. I also see little to no future to Kimberly. She will be back to being a housewife in Atlanta in 15 minutes.

DARLENE, you were robbed.

FORT Fogey
    I also liked Mitch's magazine idea better than Kimberly's. I really think Mitch blew this.

If he had been true to himself, he could have won, but I think he tried to tone it down for the red states and that is where he failed. I sell antiques in Los Angeles and I can honestly say that some of the best "stylemakers" are gay men -- but they don't hide and try to pretend they are creating a wedding dinner for someone in Kansas City. Kimberly was a really safe choice for the judges, but she won't be an innovator and she certainly won't be a stylemaker. She'll be the ribbon flower maker for the masses *yawn*.

And, if I remember right, she can't cook.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    This is why Dawn & Heather had no chance in Hades of winning. Dawn seemed nice but she had a voice that sounded like nails scratching on a blackboard. Heather looked *really* bad for someone on TV. Heather looked really bad and I can't begin to tell you all the reasons why -- she just looked awful. The clothes, the hairdo, even the way she stood...
    Ahem... Kimberly to me is not an attractive person. Anyone who acts like a witch in my book is not an attractive person. It takes more than looks yaknow to look attractive! CBS, you were a star up until now, but you put through a person to me who is not even beautiful looking and has absoutely no substance!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    Heather looked *really* bad for someone on TV. Heather looked really bad and I can't begin to tell you all the reasons why -- she just looked awful. The clothes, the hairdo, even the way she stood...
    . . . even the way she breathed.

I think Mitch lost Candace's vote when he said he had a gift from God that he now NEEDED to share with the world. She didn't comment on it, but the look on her face as he spoke was an outright flinch.

I actually felt a glimmer of interest in the ribbon roses this time. Shoot me. There must have been subliminal advertising coming over my cable.

Once Mychael was cut, I said I wouldn't watch the show. I caught an episode here and there anyway. I developed a liking for Darlene, only to see her get cut down last week when she put so much hard work into the challenge. I was so disgusted I didn't want to watch the finale, but of course I did.

I didn't like either finalist. I can't stand Mitch's shark teeth smile - it just oozes phoniness. I would probably have liked Kimberly's display better than the bright pinks and reds. So Kimberly slightly tipped the scales for me.

But the entire show was flawed from its inception. Bad, bad, bad job, CBS! :nono
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Pick me up off the floor.
    Yes, Mitch's decor for his dinner party was a little sparse, but this is New York! Can't Candace understand that? How did they get by not having a professional interior designer as part of their "professional judges"? Even college undergraduate design students would be more innovative and stylish than Kimberly was. A flower tree in the center, any one with design savy knows you don't put a large item in the center as a focal point because it will distract from other points of interest in the room. At least Mitch's room flowed, but the colors didn't show well, at least on TV.

Back to Kimberly's ribbon flowers.........it takes talent to show someone how to pull a wire in ribbon?????? I don't think Kimberly showed how to finish the ribbon in her demonstration. Did anyone notice that. The only thing she showed was how to pull the wire and then start to twist it around. Now that's worth a watching a tv show for. I think they felt she was photogenic and would marketable. She also depended heavily on the party planners.

They should have had demonstrations throughout the episodes.....and again too bad there wasn't one single judge that knew something about design and decoration.

I'm sure if Martha watched the show, she probably laughed throughout the entire show,especially when she saw Kimberly's party. Bobby Flay needs to stick with food, David needs to stick with hair and clothes, and Candace she needs to stay with whatever she does.....that's enough ranting
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkin
    I can't believe Kimberley won.

I did love her magazine cover though, but Mitch truly deserved to win.

I can just imagine what the weekly promos for her show would include....

Monday....Kimberley shows you how to make ribbon flowers.

Tuesday....Kimberley shows you how to attach ribbon flowers to things.

Wednesday...Kimberley shows you how to add beads to ribbon flowers.

Thursday...Kimberley shows you how to make a bouquet out of ribbon flowers.

and don't miss Friday's exciting episode.....Kimberley creates a really blah looking wooden frame and decorates it with ribbon flowers.

I still think that Mitch and Darlene would have made a very interesting duo as co-hosts of their own show.
    AND don't forget Saturday's show... Kimberley shows us how to spend 12 hours sanding a door, only to go ahead and paint it anyway!!!! :phhht

+ Reply to Thread