+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Finale Discussion 3/5/05

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I am not sure I would have been happy no matter who won.....none of them actually appeared to be the Grand Poohbah of Style.....and to be chosen by Bobby Flay...and David Evangelista ....(Candace doesn't count she has no right to have been there....) was something of an insult as well....and all of it for a vanity press book and TV 99 show

I can't believe Kimberley won.

I did love her magazine cover though, but Mitch truly deserved to win.

I can just imagine what the weekly promos for her show would include....

Monday....Kimberley shows you how to make ribbon flowers.

Tuesday....Kimberley shows you how to attach ribbon flowers to things.

Wednesday...Kimberley shows you how to add beads to ribbon flowers.

Thursday...Kimberley shows you how to make a bouquet out of ribbon flowers.

and don't miss Friday's exciting episode.....Kimberley creates a really blah looking wooden frame and decorates it with ribbon flowers.

I still think that Mitch and Darlene would have made a very interesting duo as co-hosts of their own show.
    Still love ya, Mitch!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Frankly, I don't trust Kimberly to teach me how to decoupage.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Kim's screen test was perfect....she said nothing in very little time with lots of Charisma....welcome to AM TV.....

It was great fun everyone! I am sorry Mitch didn't win the prizes BUT he'll be a success in the field. See you on the other boards.

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    I am not sure I would have been happy no matter who won.....none of them actually appeared to be the Grand Poohbah of Style.....and to be chosen by Bobby Flay...and David Evangelista ....(Candace doesn't count she has no right to have been there....) was something of an insult as well....and all of it for a vanity press book and TV 99 show
    BINGO! The truth shall set us free!

This show was irrelevent from word one. How upset can we be that the "wrong person" won, when the winner isn't going to get 15 minutes of fame out of this, muchless a real career? And looking at this with a really hard eye... even if the Powers That Be of Style and Fame CARED about who won this show... NONE of these people deserved it. I'm not Martha's biggest fan, but to be honest all of these people put together don't have the worth of the hanging fingernail she trimmed last night.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Maybe this show was partially backed by Donald Trump and whats-his-name -- so they could figure out WHAT NOT TO DO with Martha's show? That would explain the lameness...

FORT Fogey
    Someone smart could still get a great TV show out of all of this...

They could call it "Wickedly Perfect Losers" and they could feature 10 minutes of cooking with Mychael at the beginning followed by 20 minutes of Darlene and Mitch arguing about how to put something together. It would be a great show!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    It might have worked for the other two judges, but Tinkerbell Evangelista and Mitch are apparently all about the pink.

PS i just realized that Sears merged with KMart thus Martha/Marcia. I get it now. LOL

Well that'll be another show I won't be watching! I just watched the Martha Stewart movie yesterday and tonight through this whole thing I kept comparing Kim to Martha, and knew she would win it. She has that same personality and drive to make something out of nothing. She'll be a Minimartha!

+ Reply to Thread