+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Finale Discussion 3/5/05

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I can't believe a chef voted for a person who didn't even taste the food at their own event.

Bobby Flay obviously that is not you, its your evil twin Boobbi.
    Yeesh. And she couldn't even BS some answer like "I was too busy making sure everyone was having a good time", etc. She was just like.. "Uh.. I didn't have time."

Well, I won't have to see her again because I don't watch the Early Show. I hope they put her show in the same time slot as Martha's new morning show so the will cancel it before she can say hello.....

I just popped on to spoil the results for myself. So, I want to thank my fellow FORTers for sparing 2 hours of my life -- not to mention the replacement cost of my TV set (after I finished putting my foot through it!)

Kimberly? BLECH!!!

What a travesty this show became...!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    Say what you will about Martha as a person, but as a domestic diva, she is the best out there.
    I like Martha quite a lot! I'm inspired by her story and so I'm thrilled she's back in action.

I'm really glad her return will upstage Kimberly's debut.

I just popped in here to see who won, since I couldn't stomach actually watching the show any more...but now I might be sick anyway just from hearing Kimberley is the winner.

Well, Martha, you have nothing to fear from this lameass ex-cheerleader. Kimberley has quite a road ahead of her...it's going to be difficult to write a full-length book on how to hammer together a picture frame, and to glue ugly cutouts of flowers on junk-shop tables.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

That was terrible!!!! I just saw the last half hour and first of all couldn't believe that Kimberly was a finalist, but to have her win!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by divaexpatriate
    But she's not. She thinks she's better than Mitch, she has zero talent, she has no idea what those around her think of her (or of her stupid flowers).
    Well it not exactly like Mitch didn't think (and scream out loud to anyone listening for the whole run of the series) that he was better than her. HER specifically.

Frankly, I'd hate this show even more if she actually had had doubts near the end.

Mind you, I still hate it, because it seems a lot of the others were better than either of these people, but I can't fault her specifically for not breaking down under Mitch's bullshit.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Well, I haven't watched the show yet but I'm surprised Kimberly won. I WOULD NEVER watch a TV show where she was featured. She was so incredibly boring. She's like "the person who brings style to the third world" where they haven't heard of Sears yet.

How could these judges vote for her? I guess I'll have to watch the episode tonight and see, but I am really disappointed. This is like voting dry skim milk better than real milk, chocolate milk and milkshakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I like Martha quite a lot! I'm inspired by her story and so I'm thrilled she's back in action.

I'm really glad her return will upstage Kimberly's debut.
    Honestly? Although it's great fun to watch the show for mocking purposes here, I think most of America has no idea it even existed, and Martha or no Martha wouldn't have given a crap about the winner. We can joke about the K-Mart/Sears merger putting Kim out on her ass... but she was never going to get any great deal out of this anyway. At most, she would have gotten a book nobody would buy, a TV pilot nobody will air, and an SUV. Whoopie.

Mitch wouldn't have gotten much out of this anyway. Nobody cares about some schlubby flower arranger from Chicago. Unless they need some new talent for QEFTSG, he's irrelevant.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-05-2005 at 10:13 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular
    One of the worst endings to a reality show EVER. :phhht :phhht

Mitch deserved the win hands down. He was right in that he was NEVER up for elimination. That should tell you something about his work both in a group and individually. He does have a star quality about him. I thought he was a bit cutthroat but, in the end, his style spoke volumes. Plus, there are SOOOOO MANY female craft/style personalities out there. Turn on HGTV and 90% of the shows are hosted by white females (martha wannabes). He had something different.

And I think it was HUGELY unfair to bring back ELIMINATED contestants. They had their chance and they blew it. Not only that, but Kimberly was in the rock garden MULTIPLE times. Her work was deemed sub-par by the judges and now they're declaring her the winner??!! You know, they REALLY REALLY must have liked her so much better than Mitch since they're the ones that put her in the rock garden all those times. But to say that Kimberly WAS so much better than Mitch to neglect those awful projects she made is just way off.

I think Mitch was right when he kept calling Kimberly an imitator. She keeps saying that she's not Susie-Homemaker and she wants to bring style back to the home arts but all she does is very neutral, boring, uncreative projects. I'm part of their target audience. I love crafts, sewing and decorating. I've seen all of Kimberly's ideas before -nothing new!!

+ Reply to Thread