+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 02-26-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

It's consistently pulling the lowest ratings for a Saturday night show.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

On the tvguide website, it has a two hour finale listed for March 5th, 8-10.

Perfectly Poised Screen Tests; The Perfect Ending

120 minutes

In the season finale, guest Hannah Storm helps the five remaining contestants prepare for a professional television screen test, which will determine the two finalists. The must organize a society party and produce a magazine cover. Then, a winner is chosen.
    Obviously from the two part title, this was supposed to have been two separate episodes. CBS probably wanted to put it out of its misery.

Hannah Storm is one of the hosts on the CBS Early Show.

And my local Adelphia listings have it as a one hour show this Saturday I give up.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I just checked my cable box's schedule, and it only is up to 6:30 pm on Saturday. That is typical, only a couple of days ahead. I'll check it again later and let you know.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Next week a screen test....so what was the show to this point...

Chopped Liver....?

FORT Newbie
    My TIVO shows only one hour on Saturday at the regular time. Has anyone gotten a definite answer on this yet???

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Next week a screen test....so what was the show to this point...

Chopped Liver....?

Yes, chopped liver, but around here we call it pate.

After Darlene was booted off, I said I wouldn't watch anymore, but I'm going to. This is where the show should have been long ago -- at the screen test stage. (I would have loved to see a Mitch-Darlene face-off, though.) There should have been individual competitions much earlier. And there should have been screen tests much earlier. This show all along was not selecting for the best people in terms of their output, and not at all for any qualities of hosting a show (like being photogenic, being comfortable in front of the camera, being able to speak well off the top of their head, etc.).

My cable box's programming guide lists it as 2 hours from 8-10 pm eastern.

Quote Originally Posted by bgkdgrl
    My TIVO shows only one hour on Saturday at the regular time. Has anyone gotten a definite answer on this yet???
    my TiVo is listing it as two separate hour long episodes, back to back. (two hours total) You probably already know it but I thought I'd post just in case. Anyone else with TiVo: make sure you are getting both episodes, don't let another show with a higher priority take the second episode's time slot!

You know, I finally got over most of my shock about the unfair banishment of Darlene from the estate and decided to move on and put all my energy into cheering for Mitch. Now, they are wrapping up the show so quickly. I am going to be sad when the show is over....despite its faults, I loved it!

Well, in less than 24 hours from now, we'll all know who will be "Wickedly Perfect" and "the next great style-maker". I sure do hope it's Mitch!
    Still love ya, Mitch!

+ Reply to Thread