+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 02-26-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

thread jack
    *Urkin, your avatar scared me*

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Mitch had better not win or else.. well hell I don't watch the show anyways, I don't know what I can threaten.
    well, corprip, if you don't watch the show, then why the strong opinion that Mitch shouldn't win?

Mitch is the only one left with any shred of talent. He's the only one well-rounded enough to carry a show... and he's right up there with Christopher Lowell on the annoyance factor. CL seems to have done well for himself.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Mitch better win, he's really come into his own over the recent episodes.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I agree, Texie.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Tv Tome has the entire casts full names listed, Lambikins
    Hey, Bless you, Texicana for that info. Some of the people we "meet" on Reality TV like at ANTM, AI, and this show, they are decent people just trying to follow their dreams.

ALL of us would look weird under the magnifying lens of a TV camera photographing our every reaction and I just feel sorry for some of these contestants and would like to let them know that they have people in their corner.

I'll see how far I can contact Darlene. Thanks again, Tex!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    well, corprip, if you don't watch the show, then why the strong opinion that Mitch shouldn't win?

Mitch is the only one left with any shred of talent. He's the only one well-rounded enough to carry a show... and he's right up there with Christopher Lowell on the annoyance factor. CL seems to have done well for himself.
    That's interesting.

I mainly dislike Mitch because A) his personality is really gross, worse than Martha's; B) he isn't telegenic, so I wouldn't really want to watch him on his own show; C) and from what I remember, he was well-rounded, but also tended to do shabby group work (like using duct tape to hang fabric, or when he made deviled eggs as an appetizer).

I understand why maybe Mychael didn't have what it takes, she never ventured out of the kitchen much. But Darlene always seemed to me to be the most promising, so I guess I feel vindicated for not watching this whole time since she got the axe anyways.

But hey, you're right. I don't watch the show, so what do I know?
    Last edited by corprip; 03-02-2005 at 01:58 AM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins

I'll see how far I can contact Darlene.
    She has her own sewing website. Maybe you can contact her through that.
    I was surprised to see she is only 46. I thought she was older than that. I'm only 3 years younger than her, but feel an entire generation younger for some reason.
    Anyway, h ere is the website:

http://invizibleinc.com/darlene_cahill.htm

Quote Originally Posted by corprip

I understand why maybe Mychael didn't have what it takes, she never ventured out of the kitchen much. But Darlene always seemed to me to be the most promising, so I guess I feel vindicated for not watching this whole time since she got the axe anyways.
    Mychael's gone. So's Darlene...and I doubt some "twist" will bring them back. Out of the twits that are left, Mitch seems the most capable (well maybe Kimberly) of covering all the "domestic diva" bases.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by puppyluv
    Wow, firsthand knowledge, that is very interesting to me.
    What did she do that they did not show, in terms of projects? I guess I think of her as helping the others, mostly, instead of taking the lead. Same thing with Amy. And Heather...although, Heather gets extra credit though for presenting less than attractive food on camera. (Cheesecake brownies and horrible chicken pot-pie.)
    I have to say this is my first time posting but I am so addicted to your posts and the show and I just have to say something or I will burst. My daughter attends school where Amy once taught in NYC (long before we arrived). I have never met or seen Amy in person but the kids, parents and teachers at the school love her and think she was really shafted. I have to say being from the city, I love her sense of style and ideas (remember she works with kids so she should be beaten up for doing kid-like projects that is her audience). She teaches art, manners, ice-skating and does fabulous kid parties in NYC (I've heard). My daughter and her friends rushed to make button bracelets after that show and were crying when she almost got eliminated last week.

Darlene is too frilly for the city, but I love her over acting. I know she is really talented, but she is so two faced always bashing people to the camera and then acting sickly sweet to their faces. PUKE! I loved Denise because I thought she was most like me. Mychael was good but scary and she had great fashion sense. I just wish she did more outside the kitchen like her camping project USE SOMETHING FROM NATURE. Her attitude was kind of bitchy. Dawn and Kimberly so want to be Martha it hurts, but we already have a real Martha so why do we need either of them. Heather? Poor girl they make her look terrible. Mitch is the only other person I like bc he is hip and urban and innovative. Everything else I've seen before. Amy did the acorn purse and button bracelet that showed a sense of humor and innovation. No one else does anything that isn't safe. Kimberly does the same ribbon flowers every week!!! I think Amy is great and her style and smile and kids projects go a long way with the NYC moms. My kids would watch her all day long on a kid's art show. They are begging for art lessons or a party with her. Also, she is so genuine and way too smart to be on reality tv, she always gives credit. Her living art piece in episode 4 rocked and the Beavers were so robbed. Does anyone else notice a red state/blue state thing going on? Maybe Amy is too out there for everyone else but here in NY we love her! Please don't hate me!

The cbs site says that the 2hour WP finale is this Saturday!

+ Reply to Thread