+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 02-26-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Sunnyone, just click the episode and you will go to the question and then at the end of the question you can click for the answers.

Boy was I right about the contestants being experts at promoting themselves. Here's a section of Margo's answer to how to have an elegant luncheon...by the way, she said to put a crisp white table cloth with fresh flowers!!! that sounds like the next style maker!
    here's part of her answer for the menu check it out yourselves:
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/wickedl...hp?id=03&ep=02

Spoon dish over a nice ravioli; try a mushroom or proscuitto stuffed ravioli available in the refrigerator section of your grocery store. Serve a nice warm crusty bread with real butter (this is lunch...calories don't count.) For dessert, whip up your favorite flavor of boxed cake - but serve it on a fancy cake stand surrounded by fresh, edible flowers. :rolleyes

there's a lot more where this came from
    Last edited by Vonna; 02-28-2005 at 12:00 AM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by bgkdgrl
    I happen to know Dawn and know that she did WAY more than what they choose to show. She does have talent, and she does have personality, but they are choosing not to present that.
    Wow, firsthand knowledge, that is very interesting to me.
    What did she do that they did not show, in terms of projects? I guess I think of her as helping the others, mostly, instead of taking the lead. Same thing with Amy. And Heather...although, Heather gets extra credit though for presenting less than attractive food on camera. (Cheesecake brownies and horrible chicken pot-pie.)

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Can someone please give me a quick recap of the preview for next week. My tv station didnt show the preview Thanks
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by puppyluv
    What did she do that they did not show, in terms of projects?
    Puppyluv...I did NOT intend to mislead you. I know Dawn - she is a teacher at our school. However, I have not talked to her since the show started airing - haven't seen her and wasn't going to call. When I said I know she is doing more than what they are showing, it is because I know what she is like. Enthusiastic and energetic to a fault (sometimes annoyingly so!). VERY creative and detail oriented. She and her hubbie build houses, deck them out, landscape them, and sell them. Last week's challenge was right up her alley.

I just feel like they aren't giving her or Amy (not that I like Amy) and some of the others (Denise?) much positive air time. Do I see her winning and hosting a tv show? No, not really, but I guess anything could happen. I'm so excited that there are only 2 episodes left. The only reason I watch this show is for knowing someone on it!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bgkdgrl
    I'm so excited that there are only 2 episodes left. !
    I thought we had 4-5 more episodes to go. There's only 2 left? Not that I'm disappointed that this train wreck will be over soon, but I thought there were more.

Also, what's happened to the weekly recaps and Texicana and some of the other wickedly funny posters on this site. Did they give up on the show???
    Reading their posts and takes on things were funnier than actually watching the real show.

FORT Newbie
    Maybe I'm wrong...Someone told me that the next episode cuts them to the final 2. I assuming that after that there would only be one more?? Anyone have the true scoop on this?

The show has a ten episode run...this past Saturday was #8.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Hey, does anyone remember which one of them won that fancy car in the very first episode?

It was Denise who won the SUV for her white chocolate and carmel apples.

Quote Originally Posted by puppyluv
    What did she do that they did not show, in terms of projects? I guess I think of Dawn as helping the others, mostly, instead of taking the lead. Same thing with Amy. And Heather...although, Heather gets extra credit though for presenting less than attractive food on camera. (Cheesecake brownies and horrible chicken pot-pie.)
    I think both Dawn's and Heather's true strengths came out this past episode.

Dawn showed herself to be a lot more capable than she's been given credit for over the past several weeks. Watching her take the lead in the landscaping project really changed my opinion, especially considering that her only remaining teammate, Mitch, was in the ER for a few hours during crunch time. (BTW, I thought it was hilarious that Mitch went right to work on his INDIVIDUAL project when he got back from the hospital! Couldn't he even fake interest in the team project? )

As for Heather, she once again proved that she has no special talents other than knowing how to play this game. Her personal projects have been decent enough to keep her in the competition. Much more talented contestants, like Denise and Mychael, have gone home early because they didn't spend enough time on their personal items. Although honestly, I thought Denise's fushia and plaid gift wrap was pretty darn cute!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    (I was considering Mitch as co-host with Darlene, but he still hasn't bothered to update his tips on their website, which shows a bad attitude.)
    Maybe that's because Mitch won and they're saving his tips for his book.

+ Reply to Thread