+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 02-26-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer
    Oh, just saw the previews. No more teams. Then scrap my previous predicted scenarios.

And heck, maybe TPTB behind this trainwreck *are* too dense to think it matters who wins. Maybe they don't care if it's Mitch or Kimberly or Dawn, because in their minds, the show is not about selecting a competent winner, it's about giving viewers plenty of people bad-mouthing and back-stabbing each other. Because everyone knows that's really all we want to see, right?

With remaining contestants it is starting to be clear that there concern was not to find credible finalists.

I just can't beleive that they used the extra spot to bring Kimberley back. It was just waste of that spot!

I don't know if I care to tune in anymore as I just can't stand Dawn, Kimberly, Heather and Amy. It should be a piece of cake for Mitch to outshine them.

Just imagine how more interesting next week would be if Darlene, Denise, Mychael and Mitch were the ones on finals instead of the weakest players.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    No that anyone was quite up to the task...only two could cook....and we will never forget the egg disaster.....but Darlene had the veneer that at least made it look like she could do things crafy ....so now were just left with the best BS artiste as the front runner....I am getting sick of the season

Quote Originally Posted by countryhome
    Just imagine how more interesting next week would be if Darlene, Denise, Mychael and Mitch were the ones on finals instead of the weakest players.
    (sigh) my dream team! Seems like almost everyone wants the same lineup, and instead, we get...heather? amy? dawn? kimberly? mitch?
    I didn't think I'd ever root for Mitch, but now...he seems my only choice.
    You know, networks usually work so hard to find the right host for a show. I cannot imagine them looking at a group of candidates and saying, "hey, why don't we let them decide who's best" because it WOULDN'T WORK. They'd all gang up and vote out the threat (the one who's more talented). Sound familiar?
    This show could've been great. I wonder if anyone will pick up Darlene to do anything. I know she works for the Home Shopping Network, see link:
    http://www.hsn.com/cnt/article/defau...&sf=CT&prev=hp

I started out not liking Darlene at all -- with her off-putting, over-exaggerated facial movements, her grousing in front of the judges, and her apparent lack of real talent compared to some of the others. But she's grown on me over the weeks by toning down her negative aspects and showing herself to be a real trooper with drive, focus, and some good ideas. Her "arc" on the show seemed to be moving steadily upwards and so, like many here, I really thought she'd be Final 2.

Well, color me shocked!

All I can do is echo the discontent already expressed at this show and the whacked-out elimination rules. The process of judging team projects, judging individual projects, and "tribal vote" just makes no sense if the desired goal is really to weed out the chaff and come up with the best. And we should have seen this coming since the very first episode, when Tom got booted. Though he was arrogant and domineering, he definitely wasn't the "weakest on his team" and should've lasted longer.

I also hate that Kimberly-of-the-Ribbon-Flowers is back, but at least she was only booted last episode. It would've been worse credibility-wise (not that this show has much credibility left) to return someone to the game who has been gone for weeks and who has not participated in all the projects. They could've ended up with a final contender who effectively sat out half the show. Does that make any sense? Does anything on this show make any sense???

So we're left with a Final 5 of Amy, Heather, Dawn, Kimberly, and Mitch (the only person who truly belongs there, imo). If Mitch doesn't win this thing now, I'm going to regret all the time I've wasted watching this mess.

FORT Fogey
    Denise, Darlene, Mychael and Mitch would have been a great finish. Even Tim seemed to have a lot on the ball. Now we are down to Mitch.

This show could have been a great show if they had fixed the judging. This is too Survivorish for my taste.

LOL Check this out, from the "official" Wickedly Perfect website.
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/wickedl...wp=amy_1&ep=02
    This is for Amy's pool party punch:

Pool Party Punch
    empty, clean soy sauce bottles
    Blue Curacao (orange flavored liquor)
    orange juice
    cranberry Juice
    paper 3"x4"
    stamps or paint
    glue
    1. Mix the juices and liquor until you create a favorable taste and color.
    2. Pour into bottles and create custom labels using the paint and stamps.
    Every party needs a signature cocktail. We served apple martinis at the dinner party but I thought it would be funny to create a drink that looked and tasted like a swimming pool. (It definitely left my head swimming.)
    *Feel free to create a non-alcoholic punch or a BBQ marinade as an alternative.

...I emphasized the "weird" parts in bold...lord help us if this woman wins...

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    But the two people could be Mitch & Kimberly. Kimberly could then win it all!
    At first when I read this I went Oh My God No. Then I thought about it and that is not a bad idea. Why? Because when you interview Kimberly she freezes up like a deer in headlights. Remember how she acted in the estate auction when Candace asked her if there was a theme. But Mitch can BS his way through anything. He is sure to do well in the interview part of this. The others are going to BOMB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Because when you interview Kimberly she freezes up like a deer in headlights.
    So true...hmmm...it says on the wickedly perfect website, and I quote:
    "The remaining contestants are taken to New York City and given makeovers. But the tension is too thick for one player, who breaks down over the not-so-perfect results."
    hmmm possibly another Kimberly meltdown? One can only hope!

Having Mitch still in contention for the title of the next great style maker....It's A Good Thing <--- (click on the link to hear the famous phrase )

Go, Mitch, Go!
    You're the only hope for the show!

By the way....I hope that Mitch's finger is feeling better.
    His injury could have been a whole lot worse...I'm sure glad that it wasn't.

FORT Fan
    Mitch - still being there....ugh.

Taking Kimberly back -insane.

+ Reply to Thread