+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 02-26-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Like everyone else, I want to share my outrage over the results of tonights show. Heather is still there. What has she ever done on the show besides make doughy cheescake brownies, a sucky pot pie, and an unstable pagoda? She's bad at everything she attampts. And Amy with her stupid buton braclets idea is supposed to be a great style maker? Whatever! Darlene has consistently performed well -- she's both proficient and efficient at everything she does. I can't wait until next episode so I can watch Heather and Amy make fools of themselves.

I had forgotten the cheesecake brownies, her special dessert. It's so unfunny that it's funny.

Someone in last week's show thread said that it's just not fun to watch this show anymore. The whole episode was as fun as being nagged to take out the garbage.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat

I hope this damn show ends up with a Heather or a Dawn winning so we can laugh when they end up on the next edition of Surreal Life. Ptui!
    I can't decide if I want this too, or for Master of B.S. Mitch to win only to get his bubble busted when he gets a one hour 'special' show as a reward and no one watches it! (Just assuming that, like Animal Planet's King of the Jungle, "winning your own show" means one show!)
    I hate Mitch even worse now; what a cry baby. I cut my hands that bad at least once a month at work, where I just put on a tight bandaid until it stops bleeding and then superglue it myself.
    Poor Darlene; I was very impressed with the way she just picked up a saw, having never used one much before, and BOOM, made a picnic table that looked very professional. Yes, the little meditation shack was bad, but at least Darlene did come up with something they could make with very little time left.
    I hated to see that idiot Heather who singlehandedly lost this challenge for the Beavers, actually getting to stay. She hasn't impessed me any of the other weeks either.
    I'm in agreement with those who think the elimination method on this show is the worst ever, especially the idea of allowing an individual project to determine who gets to stay.
    Last edited by queenb; 02-27-2005 at 07:06 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I hated to see that idiot Heather who singlehandedly lost this challenge for the Beavers, actually getting to stay. She hasn't impessed me any of the other weeks either.
    It frustrates me to think that Heather (who did absolutely NOTHING to help the team win) is still able to come back next week!! She has NO talent whatsoever! And about the "personal projects".......WHATEVER! At least everyone else tried to clip their topiary trees into a "unique" and "creative" shape.....Heather didn't even use her imagination and....SHE WON!

I have NEVER liked Heather or Amy.....and I would NEVER be interested in a show hosted by either of them. They have tacky taste and weird personalities!

At the beginning of this episode, I was sure that Darlene would not be able to handle all of this "get your hands dirty" kind of work....but she really surprised me with her ability to "take over" and somewhat "rescue" the BIG MESS that Heather made of their area! She really has proved that she is an all around SMART, CREATIVE, STYLISH and AMAZING lady....and that she can accomplish ANYTHING! She is incredible and truly deserved to WIN this thing!!!!!!!

I found it so hard to get to sleep last night just thinking about what happened....and when I did finally close my eyes and go to sleep...I HAD NIGHTMARES ABOUT WP! I just can't stop thinking about poor Darlene!

Now.....My fingers are crossed for Mitch! He is the only good one left...

You know a really good word for this show and its rules?

"Cockamamie"

Come on, can't you see George Burns watching this and saying, "What kind of cockamamie show is this?" :-)

ETA: My prediction: The fix will be in for Mitch, for example:

Mitch easily outshines the remaining competition and wins.

OR
    Mitch's team (now three people) loses, but the judges make sure they always know which personal project is his, so they can deem it "the best", keeping him safe for the win.

OR
    Mitch's team loses, and his personal project is *not* deemed the best, but the judges suddenly inform us that the rules change when you're down to so few players, and at this point, they get to do the eliminating, not the contestants. And they keep Mitch from being eliminated, so he can go on to win.
    Last edited by dallas_viewer; 02-27-2005 at 09:21 AM.

It's so sad and frustrating the show is coming to a farceful demise. I can only speak for myself, but people who watch Martha Stewart or her type of show watch to for the excitement and anticipation of learning how to make something practical, beautiful, tasteful or tasty. The producers unfortunately did not design this show with that in mind. Veiwers should have been able to get something new and exciting to improve their living spaces or know how to make a new dish....something...anything.. .
    but the only thing we saw demonstrated and not even correctly or was it something most people would want to utilize was Darlene's tissue paper wall.

They really should have put more emphasis on the individual projects such as: pick the top project each week and let the winning contestant demonstrate how they made the project on camera. Or they could have shown the projects and let the viewer's choose the winner for that week....then show the demonstration of the winning project right off the bat the following week???

I don't know why they didn't screen the contestants more thoroughly. They basically chose people who were good at marketing or selling themselves..but in reality they couldn't produce results......annnnd they didn't have expert judges as I have ranted before in previous threads.....with the exception of this week. It didn't take a landscaping architect to discern crappy craftsmanship this week. By the way, what in the world was Darlene's team doing while she was busily putting that picnic table together? sheeeeesh

Did anyone notice Mitch's face when they were announcing Kimberly won her way back in? He was trying so hard to smile, poor guy.....he was in pure pain
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fan
    This could have been a good show/premise.

I was hoping Mychael would win and could return to the show. I guess it's because I enjoy cooking, and watching cooking more than I enjoy any other project they've shown. Mychael was quite the chef.

Joining in with the others who think Darlene shouldn't have been the one to go. And isn't it just about unanimous that people think the contestants shouldn't be the ones to decide who stays and goes? I can just see the powers that be, who were sitting around deciding how the show would work. "Survivor is so popular... Let's have contestants vote each other off!" Ugh.

I cannot believe that Darlene is gone. The ONLY ones left that I felt were capable of handling a show were Darlene and Mitch (and Denise, but she'd been high school buddied out already). This has nothing to do with talented people getting ahead, this is about mediocre people banding together voting out the truly talented.
    Fix this series, CBS. It has the makings of a hit, just take out the ridiculous (competitors having a say in who stays) and let the judges TRULY JUDGE. Oh, and get more credible judges. (although I do like Bobby Flay judging the food part of it)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Oh, just saw the previews. No more teams. Then scrap my previous predicted scenarios.

And heck, maybe TPTB behind this trainwreck *are* too dense to think it matters who wins. Maybe they don't care if it's Mitch or Kimberly or Dawn, because in their minds, the show is not about selecting a competent winner, it's about giving viewers plenty of people bad-mouthing and back-stabbing each other. Because everyone knows that's really all we want to see, right?

This show is a farce. CBS owes Mychael, Denise and Darlene an apology.

I never taught I'd be rooting for Mitch.

+ Reply to Thread