+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 02-19-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Next week the former contestants get a chance to get back in the game? :phhht Boo!
    I don't want to see people come back.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Mitch votes Kimberly off the island.

ETA: (Oh crap - I hope I'm not ahead of everybody. )

YOU PEOPLE!!!! You people up there, with your fancy Canadian time zone of yours!!

LOL Thanks for the explanation Pomeraniac.

PS Survivor repeat is on.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac

(That was a Helen Reddy song from the 1970s and it's about a redneck named Delta Dawn. Since Dawn's a redneck well, um, er -- you can figure it out!)
    Tanya Tucker sang that back in the 70's. My neck's not as red as it used to be, but back when it was I listened to Tanya.

Okay, this episode was fun. I actually shopped at one of those *antique* stores before (and just drove past the other as it was right across the street.) They're both on hwy 7 just north of Wilton and I drove by them on nearly a daily basis for a year or so. (forgive me for reminiscing here...) They're both complete holes in the wall, but probably the only place in Litchfield County that you'd find an *antique* for the prices they were looking for.

But this is a show that knows how to edit. I loved how they made it look that good ol' Mitchy Stewart was going to get the heave-ho tonight.

MRD
    I'm not a huge fan of Mitchs, BUT he did more tonight to pull their butts out of the fire on that iron table than either Dawn or Kimberly did. In fact, had they let him answer, he would have pulled a theme out of his "wazoo" that would have had Candace fairly wetting herself. I loved how Candace's reasoning for going with TA was that the "experts" thought they picked better stuff. However CB had a better return on their investment. Candace is so transparently pretentious. So her saying she trusts mitch, he's the most knowledgable must mean, that just about anyone can BS her. I wonder what kinds of CRAP she's bought just because someone gave her a good line. At least Bobby has a BS meter.
    But so damn glad Kimberly is GONE! I wanted to just shout out loud.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Tanya Tucker sang that back in the 70's. My neck's not as red as it used to be, but back when it was I listened to Tanya.
    Tanya sang it in 1972 and Helen sang it in 1973.

Out here in Boston only Helen's version got airplay, 'cause there were no country music radio stations out here back then.

So we didn't hear it until Helen sang it.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    Ummmm... doesn't refurbishing antiques decrease their value or have I been watching too much Antiques Roadshow?
    Yes it does, but these are "antiques," not antiques. I mean, they were supposed to buy something 19th century amongst the 4 items and their total budget is only $1000! We are talking junque.

I was so amused at the way Kimberly the Evil Witch and Dawn the Dubious kept talking about how "we" selected this and that as we saw film of Mitch making just about all the picks.

Then we saw film of Mitch doing almost all the work.

Then of Mitch doing all the [good] talking before the judges. Kimberly spoke only long enough to deep six any chances the team had. Dawn the Dubious remained Dumb.

I cannot tell you how happy I was when Mitch sent the Evil Witch packing. Hurrah!

FORT Regular
    Kimberly's good bye speech... umm... WHATever!! :rolleyes

To say that Dawn is going to be "eaten alive" by the rest of the contestants??! Give me a break! Kimberly has been playing this game more than anyone else! She's the one that's been scheming to get people voted off. Why does she think she's still there??!! I can't believe she would try the whole "everyone is evil and backstabbing except for me" routine. :phhht

I think Mitch has her totally figured out and I agreed with his perceptions of her. I didn't like him much in the beginning since he got Mychael voted off but now I think he and Darlene are the only 2 that actually have some style-credibility.

These producers have absolutely no clue. To give the LOSING team, the other teams best individual project winner? So where is the strategy in voting out? Who really cares if your team will get evened out anyway.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    The whole estate sale thing shows how bad the judging on this can be.....hearing from the auctioneers that one team picked better things....restored them to better marketability and then sold them better.....the judges picked the team with the cutsie costumes and no sense of what they were doing....let alone imagination...

If they do this again....get better judges......

+ Reply to Thread