+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 02-19-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

I don't pretend to be terribly knowledgeable about antiques, but I do enjoy looking at flea markets, yard sales and antique shows for "finds". The crafty beavers did a great job with the chaise, toolbox and dresser and I thought they did well with the theme. If the artisans hadn't had Mitch, they would have fallen right on their rears. Why did Kimberly think it was unique or striking to put decoupage flowers on an already lovely end table. Totally ruined the table, in my opinion. Mitch did a great job on the chair re-upholstery but can't really say that anything else caught my eye.

I guess my taste in antiques is more along the pottery and glass lines anyway. Also like primitives. Oh well. Hope either Darlene or Mitch win it all. They seem to have the skills, charisma and the "it" factor to carry off their own show. The others just...don't. Just my 2 cents.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna
    The one thing I was glad to see was experts pertaining to the project this week!! Yes experts pertaining to the projects. How about that! Now it would have been great to have had experts such as interior designers judging the rooms they did last week. The panel is lacking greatly in their interior design expertise or knowledge. They couldn't address any of the rooms except for "I like that" "I hate that" "it's monocromatic" A designer could have given constructive criticism and could see through Mitch's fast talkin'. A designer would have explained their strong points and areas they needed to work on and why. I don't understand why the show didn't involve a professional designer instead of say......a hair dresser????????? Whew... I've been wanting to say that for a long time.

Yep, you are right on! This entire show should have experts in all areas be judges, not the same 3 freaks every show. I was actually impressed with Bobby Flay because he said "style is subjective" which is absolutely correct- DO YA HEAR THAT CANDACE?? What should really matter with the judges is craftmanship, and creativity- not whether a team found something YOU would put in your kitchen. If the crafts are put together with good workmanship, creative ideas and a theme- they should win. I didn't like the chaise lounge either, but Darlene did a kick butt job on it so that is what impressed me. Turning junk into something sellable.

I hate Mitch! I can't believe he was allowed to talk their way out of the table fiasco. The judges should have been told that they didn't follow the rules and didn't have time to do anything to the wrought iron base.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    What should really matter with the judges is craftmanship, and creativity- not whether a team found something YOU would put in your kitchen. If the crafts are put together with good workmanship, creative ideas and a theme- they should win. I didn't like the chaise lounge either, but Darlene did a kick butt job on it so that is what impressed me. Turning junk into something sellable.
    Hope I did this quote thing right
    sunnyone you hit the nail right on the head....and I agree as much as I didn't care for the cover Darlene put on the chase, she did an excellent job. That outragiously expensive silk fabric that Mitch put on that darling chair didn't do anything for me either. I am sure his decision of putting that expensive fabric on the chair played a part in their low gross profit margin. I think Mitch is the one with the most all around skills and taste with Darlene coming in second.....but neither seem to be in the "New Stylist" category. Can you imagine how Martha Stewart would judge these projects??

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife
    I hate Mitch! I can't believe he was allowed to talk their way out of the table fiasco. The judges should have been told that they didn't follow the rules and didn't have time to do anything to the wrought iron base.
    I completely agree. I was uncomfortable watching him lie like that and doing "business" like that is awful. I am surprised they let him get away with it

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    What Mitch did was nothing compared to prematurely burying your grandma....and the goal of the estate sale was partially marketing.....Just wished that Mitch was less of a used car salesman about it.....

+ Reply to Thread