+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 02-19-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

This one was a really great episode, and I'm happy Kimberly's gone!

I hope Margo or Tim come back!! Maybe even Tom, because I never got to see him.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I am axious to see of Tom can produce anything besides a (what was that he fixed in that nasty looking pot?). He was a big talker too and I want to see him back up his acclaim to style. Margo....she calls herself an interior designer? Give me a break...and Myckel what a tough break she got....hopefully she'll get another chance to show her stuff.
    I sure hope they go into individual projects before we loose any more talent.

FORT Newbie
    I haven't posted yet, because I haven't really felt compelled, but I guess I am now! I personally know one of the people remaining on the show and I have to say that they are doing a great job of editing her in a "not so favorable" light. They are definitely not hightlighting the stuff she does well or her personality - but that's to be expected in "reality tv", I guess!. I'm not saying she's the next Martha, but I don't see that any of these people are.

I would have loved to have seen all the personal projects up against each other last night. I didn't see one from the CB team that I thought was good.

Does anyone know the scoop with bringing the people back? I hate when they do that! Will just one get to stay, or an indefinite number??? Any clues??

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna
    I enjoyed the show tonight too. It really brought to light who really has the creativity and who was willing to give the projects sweat equity
    BUT.....I really did love the iron table. I thought it was wonderful....it was HOT!
    I didn't like the cushion Darlene put on her chase though,
    Me too. I loved the little table as is, and I was expecting something more striking from Darlene's cushion. I mean, the cushion she made was okay, but it didn't rock my world.

Y'know, I wanted to like Candace when this show started, because I thought of her as somehow being Carrie Bradshaw, but she's far less likable, lacks Carrie's charming self-deprecation, and has considerably less taste than her TV alter ego. That cabinet Mitch did was WAY overdone. Was she actually saying she would have bought that? *shudder*

The Artisan dressing table was perfect - they should have won on that buy alone. Not to mention Darlene did a kickass job of fixing up that fugly chaise - I still didn't like it when it was done but she turned a piece of crap into something actually usable.

All in all, though, you have to love the episode where the utterly dreadful Kimberley is finally, and so deservedly, ousted. Although I must admit she she at least gave the appearance of having done something...would someone please tell me what Dawn has done, EVER?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Y'know, I wanted to like Candace when this show started, because I thought of her as somehow being Carrie Bradshaw, but she's far less likable, lacks Carrie's charming self-deprecation, and has considerably less taste than her TV alter ego.
    Couldn't agree with you more, AJ.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Does anyone know what happened to the items they bought? Or the things they made for the apartment, like Kimberly's headboard.

The fixed-up chaise isn't something I would buy, but according to the appraisers, it was a phenomenal transformation - increasing the value by ten-fold. It might be a little Golden Girlsy, but no other item had such a large jump in value.

My favorite refurbished item was the toolbox - I like the contrast of the toolbox and the timelessly sexy women adorning it - it's a fun item.

Catherine
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

The one thing I was glad to see was experts pertaining to the project this week!! Yes experts pertaining to the projects. How about that! Now it would have been great to have had experts such as interior designers judging the rooms they did last week. The panel is lacking greatly in their interior design expertise or knowledge. They couldn't address any of the rooms except for "I like that" "I hate that" "it's monocromatic" A designer could have given constructive criticism and could see through Mitch's fast talkin'. A designer would have explained their strong points and areas they needed to work on and why. I don't understand why the show didn't involve a professional designer instead of say......a hair dresser????????? Whew... I've been wanting to say that for a long time.
    Last edited by Vonna; 02-21-2005 at 12:27 AM. Reason: left out a few words

Y'know, I wanted to like Candace when this show started, because I thought of her as somehow being Carrie Bradshaw, but she's far less likable, lacks Carrie's charming self-deprecation, and has considerably less taste than her TV alter ego. That cabinet Mitch did was WAY overdone. Was she actually saying she would have bought that? *shudder*
    I think Candace recognized Mitch's style; I think she must have a secret crush going on! Even Bobby Flay was starting to say "Mitch talks his way out of EVERYTHING" when Candace cut him off! I though that little table was tacky as hell myself, and even though Kimberly and Dawn created boring projects (again), they were at least not ugly like Bitch's. Same with last week; I thought the 'tuxedo' giftwrap was something I've seen done a million times, but it did let the judges know who it came from (well, if they thought about it--I don't think the teams spent a lot of time in the formalwear department at Sears that day, and I don't think any of the female team members cross dress in male evening wear. )
    The Artisan dressing table was perfect - they should have won on that buy alone. Not to mention Darlene did a kickass job of fixing up that fugly chaise - I still didn't like it when it was done but she turned a piece of crap into something actually usable.
    Aren't you talking about the Crafty Beavers? I've noticed a lotof us keep getting mixed up since they keep rotating the team members!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread